PDA

View Full Version : Should they?

=SA= GRIMREAPER
05-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Final Fantasy games have the best storylines I know. However, because they are video games, people who don't like games don't know how damn good FF games are and I would like them to know. So my question is this, should Final Fantasy series be published as books aswell?

Necronopticous
05-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Most of the stories could make excellent books but I don't think it would be anywhere near the same experience because it's not at all interactive like a videogame is.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-23-2005, 09:43 PM
I don't really want that to happen, actually.

I also don't think Final Fantasies have that great of stories. Some of the games have pretty good stories, but overall, I don't think that they're the best.

And the stories in FFs CERTAINLY aren't better than some books. I think it would be a little[very, extremely] naive to say something like that, actually.

DJZen
05-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Fighter saw the high price tag on the silver armor and was saddened. The party then went out into the woods and began slaying beasts to collect gil from them so that Fighter could afford his covetted chest plate. The first beast they encountered was an arachnid, which can poison people. Because of the high cost of antidotes and the fact that White Mage had not yet learned Poisona, they decided fleeing would be a more practical option than only making 50 gil and risking getting poisoned. Unfortunately, Black Mage was the first to attempt running away, and only made it 5 steps before running into a tree. Escape seemed impossible. All seemed lost as the dreaded spider attacked, but luckily it attacked Thief whose evasion was high enough that the arachnid missed. Next it was White Mage's turn to attempt running away, and even though his luck wasn't as high as Thief's, he managed to escape. The party was safe... Or WERE they?

DarkLadyNyara
05-23-2005, 10:59 PM
8-bit theater. That's all I'm sayin.

Alexander
05-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Sure. It would be a little difficult in the random battles, but anyway. Final Fantasies would make excellent books. Even the lousy storyline, like FFV and FFVIII (They'd be genius if they made a time glitch into a book =P)

rubah
05-24-2005, 01:34 AM
I dont' really see why they need to.

There's already too much fanfic.

Slade
05-24-2005, 07:39 AM
They dont need to but it'd be pretty cool. Specially if on every, say, 5 pages there was a Nomura sketch of the story so far......damn that'd be cool :D

BTW =SA= GRIMREAPER I love your sig. The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy crack me up! :D

Craig
05-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Sure why not, no Skin off my back.

Armisael
05-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Most of the stories could make excellent books but I don't think it would be anywhere near the same experience because it's not at all interactive like a videogame is.

**ShadowZone**
05-24-2005, 01:33 PM
I would like this to happen. It be fun. :-)

Lord Chainsaw
05-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Gee, I don't know. Videogame stories and book stories are just different. One isn't better than the other, but they're just different.

It's the same reason video game movies suck, and movie and book based games suck. They're just different.

Rinoa Heartilly
05-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Yes, yes and yes. I would love it as it would happen, though I doubt it shall. 'Till then I'll just enjoy the Final Fantasy VIII script book though, scripts are nice too :D

Necronopticous
05-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Fighter saw the high price tag on the silver armor and was saddened. The party then went out into the woods and began slaying beasts to collect gil from them so that Fighter could afford his covetted chest plate. The first beast they encountered was an arachnid, which can poison people. Because of the high cost of antidotes and the fact that White Mage had not yet learned Poisona, they decided fleeing would be a more practical option than only making 50 gil and risking getting poisoned. Unfortunately, Black Mage was the first to attempt running away, and only made it 5 steps before running into a tree. Escape seemed impossible. All seemed lost as the dreaded spider attacked, but luckily it attacked Thief whose evasion was high enough that the arachnid missed. Next it was White Mage's turn to attempt running away, and even though his luck wasn't as high as Thief's, he managed to escape. The party was safe... Or WERE they?I changed my mind, PLEASE WRITE FINAL FANTASY BOOKS DJZEN!

Gwelenguchenkus
05-24-2005, 09:54 PM
8-Bit theater is pretty hilarious. And there are enough episodes to keep you entertained for a long time.

DJZen
05-25-2005, 12:10 AM
As XsephirothX entered San d'Oria for the first time, he clenched his ears in pain at the wailing (and slightly off key) bagpipe music. He immediately shouted "(Teleport Holla) (need it?) 500 gil!", to which came the reply "OMG STFU n00b!!1". xSephirothx noticed that this reply came from a level 2 Tarutaru Warrior. He took this opportunity to inform the nearby adventurers that Taru WARs have "teh ghey", and proceeded to the auction house where he fumed about how much more expensive all the good spells were.

(a few chapters later)

XsephirothX had, at long last, put together a fine team consisting of Tatyana the THF, Luluslover the BLM, Mastakilla the WAR, Kloud420 the NIN, and DrLuv;) the MNK. Immediately they set out to level. Tatyana was, of course, designated the puller, but Kloud420 decided that he would make a better puller and immediately found an Incredibly Tough. He hit it once to get aggro and ran back to the party's camp where they were already trying to defeat a Tough Goblin Butcher. Mastakilla knew he had to draw hate away from the mages and proceeded to provoke, but nothing happened. A second later he announced "OMG NEED TO FIX MACRO BRB!" Shortly thereafter Luluslover decided to try to kill the IT with a powerful spell. "FIRE III BEEYOTCH!" he shouted, as the IT took about 3 points of damage and turned toward its attacker. The party was completely wiped out within a minute of this, and two of them leveled down as a result and could no longer use their armor. XsephirothX proclaimed to his linkshell members that his teammates were "f4gz".

TasteyPies
05-25-2005, 12:33 AM
They would not sell, simple as that.

BlackRibon
05-25-2005, 01:59 AM
it'd be nice

Gwelenguchenkus
05-25-2005, 10:35 PM
As XsephirothX entered San d'Oria for the first time, he clenched his ears in pain at the wailing (and slightly off key) bagpipe music. He immediately shouted "(Teleport Holla) (need it?) 500 gil!", to which came the reply "OMG STFU n00b!!1". xSephirothx noticed that this reply came from a level 2 Tarutaru Warrior. He took this opportunity to inform the nearby adventurers that Taru WARs have "teh ghey", and proceeded to the auction house where he fumed about how much more expensive all the good spells were.

(a few chapters later)

XsephirothX had, at long last, put together a fine team consisting of Tatyana the THF, Luluslover the BLM, Mastakilla the WAR, Kloud420 the NIN, and DrLuv;) the MNK. Immediately they set out to level. Tatyana was, of course, designated the puller, but Kloud420 decided that he would make a better puller and immediately found an Incredibly Tough. He hit it once to get aggro and ran back to the party's camp where they were already trying to defeat a Tough Goblin Butcher. Mastakilla knew he had to draw hate away from the mages and proceeded to provoke, but nothing happened. A second later he announced "OMG NEED TO FIX MACRO BRB!" Shortly thereafter Luluslover decided to try to kill the IT with a powerful spell. "FIRE III BEEYOTCH!" he shouted, as the IT took about 3 points of damage and turned toward its attacker. The party was completely wiped out within a minute of this, and two of them leveled down as a result and could no longer use their armor. XsephirothX proclaimed to his linkshell members that his teammates were "f4gz".

This is why I stopped playing FFXI.