PDA

View Full Version : Looking for summons

HackedBlackMage
05-23-2005, 11:17 PM
OK I have no clue were to find Odin, and whats with (Mage, goblin, and bomb) were do I find them?

EDIT: I ment in FF iv

Takara
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I never really bothered trying to find the Bomb, Imp, and Mage summons, but Odin can be found in the basement of Baron Castle. You can reach him from the right tower.

You can only fight him after defeating Leviathan, though.

And I suggest you save your game before fighting him. Good luck!

Masamune·1600
05-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Bomb, Imp, and Mage can only be learned as summons via items of the same name. These items are randomly dropped after fights with those enemies, but this happens very rarely. If you're really interested in acquiring these summons, be prepared to invest a lot of time in actually getting the item(s).

The same procedure (learning from the item) also applies to the Cockatrice summon.

Master.Pug
05-24-2005, 06:37 PM
those summons aren't worth it, but if you want a complete summonlist... go find em ;-)

I did it once, and I needed about 50 hours only to get the bomb summon :(

boys from the dwarf
05-24-2005, 08:43 PM
O.K to easily get the imp bomb and mage summon do this.have someone target the opponent ( its easier if you can kill it in one hit thet would be handy)but before that character atacks target a life spell ore the life item at it. the enemy will be killed then revived then repeat.. at the end of the battle youl get a lot of exp and items and one will probbably be the summon monster.

DJZen
05-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Just remember that you won't necessarily spend forever to get these. I got Imp my first time through after about 5 battles.

KoShiatar
05-24-2005, 09:10 PM
What does exactly Odin do? Every time I summoned him, he just didn't do anything. O_o'

Magaso
05-25-2005, 02:57 AM
I Think Odin Instantly Kills Enemies Like So...
:chop:

abrojtm
05-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Yea he slices and dices most regular enemies. Don't bother on bosses though.

boys from the dwarf
05-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I thought on bosses his attacks changes to a non instant kill attack that does a lot of damage .(or is that a different one becausehe does that on others like FF7

Takara
05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
No, Odin doesn't have a different attack for bosses like in FFVII, so don't waste your precious MP on him for those battles.

ff-fanatix
05-26-2005, 02:39 PM
yeah in ffiv odin will eihter kill or just appear and dissapear...high levels and bosses consider odin a waste of mp....

damn that jerk....but funny to use on low level scum hehe....

and i never did get imp or bomb...but i got cockatrice......

racked up a good 100 hours plus in play time on the way...persevearnce is the way :p

boys from the dwarf
05-30-2005, 09:30 AM
It is fun to make those low levels suffer. They must not be killed though... they must be DESTROYED MWAHAHAHA :evilking: .