PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden

yagamiXII
05-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Currently how many of u guys know about Suikoden?
Let's share and discuss about this game here! :D

and don't forget to vote for your favourite series!
mine ish Suikoden II of cause! :love:

Chris
05-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Suikoden IV is one of the best games ever made.
I love Pirate themes. :D

My name is...something..?
05-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Suikoden II!!
I love that game. I've played through it more than ten times. It's so good it makes me cry...ok, not really, but I still love it.

Chris
05-24-2005, 03:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/lea_lynn/suikodenIV.jpg
http://:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/5ck1z4

Erdrick Holmes
05-24-2005, 04:07 PM
I liked III the best. Geddoe was just one of the best RPG heroes to ever make an apperance in a video game.

Mercen-X
05-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Suikoden IV is one of the best games ever made.
I love Pirate themes.
I've only played Suikoden IV (and each game isn't its own series btw) but I really liked it. There was even a part where you could sentence an old friend to death. The look of surprise on his face when I made the decision kinda made me ill. How are you supposed to collect all 108 Stars of Destiny if you killed one yourself? hehe. So I went back with an alternate decision. I especially like Mr. Akaghi and Ms. Mizumi.

Jebus
05-24-2005, 04:57 PM
IV was the worst out of the series, but it was still playable. The best one was II. I also say that II is the best RPG ever made. It's really good.

Dreddz
05-24-2005, 08:08 PM
*abouts to vote for Suikoden IV*
*laughs*
*votes Suikoden II*

Perducci
05-25-2005, 07:55 PM
I've only played the first game, and that was a long time ago, though I loved every minute of it. I need to buy it, but theres nowhere that sells it around here. I've only ever seen it on Ebay. For £51. So i'm only going to buy it from there if i'm completely desperate.

black orb
05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
>>> Suikoden 2 is the best but my fav is the first one, Tir McDohl was the best hero of all.

Yoko-sama
05-26-2005, 04:39 PM
In my opinion the first Suikoden was the best.I liked Gremio,Stallion,Victor,and Milich was ok.^^;;

Raistlin
05-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Suikoden II is the best RPG every made. Suikoden I and Suikoden III both rock, as well. Suikoden IV's a solid game, but it's definitely the worst of the bunch.

Kalen
06-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Psh, one was the best by far then two was good too but they didn't change it much from one, I did not like three very much, and four was "okay". I think they should go back to sprites. ;_;

Raistlin
06-01-2005, 03:47 PM
My own synopsis:

S2 was everything S1 was, just better. Better characters(and better development of existing characters), better story, better bad guys, better battle-system, better strategy-battle system(instead of S1's "rock-paper-scissors" game), and just as good at everything else(music, world map, etc.).

S3 was completely new. Unlike Square, Konami didn't screw everything up on the jump to better graphics. New, very original main characters(the whole 3-main-characters thing), great plot, excellent character development. I'd rank the major-battle system of S3 about the same as S2. Good bad guys. Same ol' rune system from S2. MUCH improved battle-system. Also, the new leveling-up skills system greatly enhanced gameplay.

S4. This game was a good-sized step down from S3. I loved the idea of a world of water, and didn't mind the long sailing times much, but there seemed to be much more energy focused on all of the extras than on the actual game. Also, I was extremely disappointed they took away the 6-character party. Other than that, a solid Suikoden game.
EDIT: Also, the hero was NOT DEVELOPED AT ALL. Hardly any of the characters were!

My rankings:

1. Suikoden II
2. Suikoden III
3. Suikoden I
4. Suikoden IV

S1, S2, and S3 would all make it into my top 5 RPGs list.

Havoc
06-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Suikoden III, without question. Although, Suikoden I was just as magical. I don't understand the hype around Suikoden II; I just didn't enjoy that game at all. And Suikoden IV was ok, but a bit incomplete.

Havoc's Suikoden Series Ranking:

1 - Suikoden III
2 - Suikoden I
3 - Suikoden IV
4 - Suikoden II

Erdrick Holmes
06-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I hated that SIV's hero had almost no background at all. I did however get thrilled by S4's voice acting, it's surprisingly good.

kawaiileena
06-06-2005, 06:10 PM
I'd totally vote for Suikoden II. I loved it so much! Even though Suikoden 1 was just as good, Suikoden II was better! It was so realistic... the war, betrayals, deaths... everything. I even cried so hard when Nanami died... and I got all 3 endings! :D

Suikoden II it is, then! It's just that... it makes it so real. It's as if I'm the character myself. It makes me go to the its world and experience how wars move on.

Suikoden II rocks my house!

Kamiko
06-06-2005, 06:12 PM
I've only played IV.... but it was fun :fplove:

ChaosCalibur
06-06-2005, 10:13 PM
I've only played III so that is what i'm voting for :(

Madame Adequate
06-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Sukoden II. I was awesome, and III is great, and IV has too many random battles and only four people in a fight, but is still worth having.

But II is, quite likely, the pinnacle of RPGs for the era. Everything about it is just about perfect.

krissy
06-07-2005, 03:20 AM

06-07-2005, 03:27 AM
I miss sprites. :(

Madame Adequate
06-07-2005, 03:56 AM
I miss sprites. :(

I know your pain.

Raven Nox
06-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Suikoden II. But then... I've only played II and III. I love them both though! I like the manga of III more then the game though...

Black Mage
06-07-2005, 04:17 AM
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV

It's the order they were created, and the order I favor them.

Agent Proto
06-07-2005, 04:19 AM
I only played Suikoden II, so I like that the best.

Raistlin
06-07-2005, 04:19 AM
I don't understand how people can like S1 and not like S2. I don't even understand how people can place S2 below S1. S2 is like the same game, but with everything improvable having been improved upon, and everything not improvable remaining just as great. Ah well.

Black Mage
06-07-2005, 05:18 AM
I don't understand how people can like S1 and not like S2. I don't even understand how people can place S2 below S1. S2 is like the same game, but with everything improvable having been improved upon, and everything not improvable remaining just as great. Ah well.

Maybe so, but I enjoyed the plot, and characters of the first Suikoden more so than the second. And, I liked the style of the "Major Battles" in Suikoden I more so than any other out there. When I played II, III, and IV, those battles lost the feeling that they were major armies clashing, instead of just pieces. But they're all minor things that I like better -- I'm not saying II is a bad game, not by any means; it's one of my favorite RPGs of all time. It's just personal preference, after all.

DMKA
06-07-2005, 06:14 AM
They all suck. Bad.

No actually I haven't played any of them, but hearing people talk about Suikoden II the way Eva fanboys talk about the series, I'm expecting it to be rediculously overrated and sub par to what people make it out to be.

If I ever get around to playing any of them.

Loony BoB
06-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I have Suikoden I & II sitting at home right now. I got a fair way into Suikoden (not sure just how far, given I've never finished it) and then just got bored (I have a tendency to get bored of games very easily, in fact I probably only finish around 5% of the games I play these days)... but hopefully I'll find the time to be bored enough to play a video game again, and if that's the case, hopefully I can finish that one off so I can head onto number II.

Raistlin
06-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Black Mage: the major battle system of S1? Yuck - that was my biggest reason for choosing S2. S1 was just a complicated game of "rock, paper, scissors." S2, S3, and S4 actually required some military strategy("let's see, send these units hear, then have that one attack first, then surround that guy and then use magic on that one..." etc.).

DMKA: it's raved about by a small group, but it's still largely underrated. It's not a coincidence that Suikoden is proclaimed the best RPG series by just about everybody that's played it.

Daniel: A lot of people start late in the series. I actually played S2 first. It doesn't affect the enjoyment of earlier games. They can be enjoyed independently.

Loony BoB
06-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but I've already started the other one anyway.

Jebus
06-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah. Plus if you play the second one first, some bits of the first's ones story are spoiled.
Nothing major, but yes. SPOILARS BAD!!!111

Black Mage
06-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I guess I'm just more of a fan of the simpler style. I enjoyed II's battles as well, but there was just something about I's. Maybe it had something to do with playing Suikoden I first.

Ah well. :)

black orb
06-08-2005, 07:41 AM
>>> I admit Suikoden 2 is a better game than Suikoden 1, but I like S1 more because of the character cast.
They had 4 of the greatest villains in just one game: Windy, Yuber, Neclord, and Babarossa.
and they had McDohl, Gremio and Ted maybe the most memorable characters from the whole series.
This game was was just too epic.

Too bad Flik and Viktor disappeared after S2, this game isnt the same without them..

06-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Too bad Flik and Viktor disappeared after S2, this game isnt the same without them..

Yeah, you got that right.
They added all sorts of comedy to the series, but at the same time they could be serious when they needed to be.That's probably why those two are the first two people that pop into my head when I hear Suikoden.

Shauna
06-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I even cried so hard when Nanami died...

What!? Thanks a lot for Spoiling it for me and possibly other people who haven't got that far! :mad2:

But, on topic, I've only played S1 and S2, and I prefered S1, possibly cause that was my first PS game ever... or because I've completed that one. :D

Havoc
06-10-2005, 08:46 PM

I disagree. I found S1 to be far more magical than the second. SII just annoyed the hell out of me. The characters in particular. The only way SII improved over the original would be graphically, of course.

RedCydranth
06-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Okay, I played Suikoden since it first came out here. And the series is really really really good. Who ever hasn't played it and thinks it'll fall below expectations, try it, you'll see how wrong that is. Suikoden is by far one of the most innovative game series.

S4 takes place before S1,2,3 and is boring in comparison to all 3 of its predecessors.

S3 was innovative with its Tri-Flame system. I loved Hugo myself, But i beat the game as Hugo, Chris and Geddoe. brilliant game. bautifully done graphics and I got really attached to their characters. I was hoping 4 would mimic this one and be as beloved, but alas, not.

Suikoden 2 is so far the pinnacle of the Suikoden series. The cast of characters is wonderful (which if you played 1 first is enhanced because many from 1 make their way into 2). The major battle system in 2 was orchestrated beautifully. The ONLY thing I've never been able to do in 2 was have Ridley die. I tried, but he's a great general I guess and won't die. I'm cool because I know what Boris looks like and I think Ridey's far cooler.

Suikoden 1 was brilliant as it gets too. 1 and 2 are so well done that I can understand people prefering this to any of its sequels. I just felt that some more storyline for smaller characters was neccessary.

The most annoying thing in the suikoden series is the "hey I'll join you for no reason" guys. Most join because of something you did and as repayment give you their services but there are the occasional few who join for the sheer hall of it and nothing more is said. I'm not talking about the Muku Mukus of 2, more like Wakaba, Mazus or Killey. Little is know who they are or why they really join, they just do. The entire series is plagued with these characters, and from what ive done in 4, its loaded with them.

GooeyToast
06-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I haven't played any of the Suikoden games before, but I've been wanting to for awhile now. I saw III in a store once and almost bought it, but I got another game instead.

I want to get Suikoden II because everybody says it's the best, but the problem's that the game is so damn expensive! I looked on ebay & a new copy of that game goes for $250. Of course, I could always buy a used one, but that's still a good $80 out of my pockets. Maybe I'll get lucky some day & find it somewhat cheap....

black orb
06-10-2005, 10:25 PM
>>> Suikoden games are also flooded with mini-games, most of them are great..
BTW, how many detectives you can find in Suikoden games? I only remember Richmond and Kidd..

RedCydranth
06-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Richmond was awesome, Kidd sucked. i don't think there's one in 1 or 4 but i haven't done everything in 4. If theres one in 1, he/she didn't make an impact like Richmond. I got all 108 in all 3 I finished. Richmond's info was of use, Kidd's was inane crap like "He is a Kobold" No crap... I can see that because he looks like a DOG!!!! or my favorite is when you tell him to look into Ayami or the other ninja, hes like "he's mysterious". III's detective was /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gife.

Raistlin
06-11-2005, 03:53 PM
>>> I admit Suikoden 2 is a better game than Suikoden 1, but I like S1 more because of the character cast.
They had 4 of the greatest villains in just one game: Windy, Yuber, Neclord, and Babarossa.
and they had McDohl, Gremio and Ted maybe the most memorable characters from the whole series.
This game was was just too epic.

How are the characters in S1 better?
Villains: Neclord is also in S2. As is Yuber. How is Babarossa better than Luca Blight(one of the best villains ever), and how is Windy better than Jowy? S2 had far better villains.
McDohl was awesome. But Nanami is far more entertaining and likeable than Gremio. Ted was cool, but he didn't last long.

RedCydranth
06-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Although he isn't on your team's side the whole game, I never considered Jowy a bad guy. He did what he felt was neccessary to end the war, he just felt that doing it from Highland's side would be easier than from Muse, Two River, Greenhill and Window's side. He figured since Highland and Harmonia had such strong ties, hed get them to help (he did with Sasarai and even got the Grassland's help too. Lucia, Hugo from 3's Mom, was the assassin hired to stop you from facing highland). He didn't bank on the unification of Tinto, Two River, Window, Greenhill AND recieve help from Gregminster in the Toran Republic. Add the fact that all of Camus and Miklitov's Knights joined too (leaving the Matilda Knightdom). Highland was far outnumbered.

At the point in which Jowy leaves Namami and her brother, it was apparent Highland was in control and it wasn't going to get any better for Muse and the other regions. Jowy did what he felt to stop the war. He wasn't an enemy like Luca or Neclord were.

I was hoping in III that we'd see Jowy as an older man, but you never went to the villiage he lived in. Of the tribes of Grassland, Jowy lived in the one tribe you never visit.

Erdrick Holmes
06-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Luca Blight does kick ass, it's hard to get a villain that is actually pure evil like him. The only villains who manage to do that sucessfully are Luca, Kefka, and M. Bison.

Suikoden II does rock alot, it's probably the 2nd best rpg I ever played. No RPG can ever be cooler the Phantasy Star IV, but S2 still does a good job.

I just wish S4 did better on the story department, I think if you ignored the whole damned game exceopt for the appearance of Ted it wouldn't effect the rest of the series.

Raistlin
06-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Although he isn't on your team's side the whole game, I never considered Jowy a bad guy. He did what he felt was neccessary to end the war, he just felt that doing it from Highland's side would be easier than from Muse, Two River, Greenhill and Window's side. He figured since Highland and Harmonia had such strong ties, hed get them to help (he did with Sasarai and even got the Grassland's help too. Lucia, Hugo from 3's Mom, was the assassin hired to stop you from facing highland). He didn't bank on the unification of Tinto, Two River, Window, Greenhill AND recieve help from Gregminster in the Toran Republic. Add the fact that all of Camus and Miklitov's Knights joined too (leaving the Matilda Knightdom). Highland was far outnumbered.

At the point in which Jowy leaves Namami and her brother, it was apparent Highland was in control and it wasn't going to get any better for Muse and the other regions. Jowy did what he felt to stop the war. He wasn't an enemy like Luca or Neclord were.
No, but he was an antagonist, and he had to be defeated, hence "bad guy." Ghaleon from Lunar SSSC and Sephiroth from FF7 both thought they were doing the right thing, too, but I wouldn't hesitate to call them "villains."

black orb
06-12-2005, 02:27 AM
How are the characters in S1 better?
Villains: Neclord is also in S2. As is Yuber. How is Babarossa better than Luca Blight(one of the best villains ever), and how is Windy better than Jowy? S2 had far better villains.
McDohl was awesome. But Nanami is far more entertaining and likeable than Gremio. Ted was cool, but he didn't last long.
>>> Luca and Babarossa both were bearer of true runes but yeah Luca is better because he was cooler and more evil..
I never considered Jowy a villain but meh, Windy was a great villain because she was Leknaat`s evil sis and just like Leknaat she had one half of the Gate rune. Her purpose was clear from the beginning: gather a greater power (the soul eater).
Jowy was just, Jowy...
Nanami and Gremio were very similar, so I cant say who is better (personally, I like Gremio more), both sacrificed themselves to save the hero. Gremio was ready to die for his master anyday.. I guess Nanami felt the same for her brother..
Ted is awesome in both S1 and S4. His background story is fascinating and his fate the saddest..

Erdrick Holmes
06-12-2005, 02:58 AM
I personally hated Jowy, because it was his fault Nanami died, she dies if you didn't get all 108 before planning on going to Rockaxe. that was a moment in video games that really got to me.

DMKA
06-12-2005, 03:02 AM
DMKA: it's raved about by a small group, but it's still largely underrated. It's not a coincidence that Suikoden is proclaimed the best RPG series by just about everybody that's played it.
A small few? You're joking, right? More people yell at me about Suikoden II being the best RPG ever now than there are fans of all the other FFs besides VII put together. Seriously....I never stop hearing about it.

Raistlin
06-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Maybe you should play it, then, and decide for yourself. :p

MecaKane
06-12-2005, 03:29 AM
A small few? You're joking, right? More people yell at me about Suikoden II being the best RPG ever now than there are fans of all the other FFs besides VII put together. Seriously....I never stop hearing about it.
Try going around to people who aren't big enough fans of RPGs to register at a Final Fantasy message board and ask them if they have a clue about it.
Raist is right, it's just that absolutly everyone who's played them falls in love. But you wouldn't care about that, it's just us nerdy faggots who use firefox and dare to question you, who play it.

Edit: Also, it's the everyone wants to root for the underdogness. No one cares if you play Final Fantasy, because you probably will eventually, but Suikoden is obscure and not so popular. blah blah blah

DMKA
06-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Try going around to people who aren't big enough fans of RPGs to register at a Final Fantasy message board and ask them if they have a clue about it.
Raist is right, it's just that absolutly everyone who's played them falls in love. But you wouldn't care about that, it's just us nerdy faggots who use firefox and dare to question you, who play it.

Edit: Also, it's the everyone wants to root for the underdogness. No one cares if you play Final Fantasy, because you probably will eventually, but Suikoden is obscure and not so popular. blah blah blah
I love you too, sweety.

Madame Adequate
06-12-2005, 03:57 AM

I like your style!

Yeah, pretty much, everyone who plays Suikoden gets really, really into it, especially the first two. I'm not what you'd call inexperienced with RPGs, I've played probably 80% of those released in the UK, and a good few US-only as well. I consider the Fallout series to be the only true contender to the crown of 'Best RPG series', and it's such a different style of RPG that the point is kinda moot. The only improvements I can think of for the first two Suikodens are more detail for many characters, and for for them to be less rare and hard to replace.

Luca Blight is probably the best villain in videogames. Yuber comes pretty close, and if Neclord weren't such a wimp in II he'd be there as well.

Also, Suikoden provides me with my fave videogame couple ever, Hix and Tengaar. Better, yes, than even Lulu and Wakka (And I <3 Lu and Wakka, believe you me.).

I can't see how it is possible to overrate Suikoden I and II. They are the best games in the best series of my favoured genre. Overrating is thus pretty difficult, unless you're expecting some very arousing stuff on top of the game, in which case you STILL only need to turn to Jeane.

Erdrick Holmes
06-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Kane, do you think you can go one post without making a masquared attempt at flaming people?

Stop provoking people, Joel ---RSL

XxSephirothxX
06-12-2005, 04:52 AM
I bought Suikoden III when I got my PS2 a solid year and a half ago, and I've only played it about 3 times since then. I got about five or six hours into the game, I believe, and it really didn't hold my interest. However, after reading this thread, I hope to find time in my summer to actually give the game another chance and possibly complete it. Based on what I've heard from anyone and everyone who's played Suikoden II, I'd love to get a chance to play that game. Too bad it's so rare.

FF Junkie
06-12-2005, 06:52 AM
>>> Suikoden 2 is the best but my fav is the first one, Tir McDohl was the best hero of all.

Agreed 100% I liked the storyline to Suikoden I a bit moreso than two, but the gameplay in 2 was a lot better. In the first installment I just loved recruiting the generals that you beat... and the battle with Pahn and General McDohl was one of my favorite things to look forward to. I also loved the Dragon Knights and Pesmerga, the ninjas, Flik and Viktor... hmmm, it'd be a lot easier to list the things I didn't like... and that's basically nothing, other than that the controls weren't as evolved as I'd have liked.

The thing that I loved most about Sui. II is the continuation of the story from the first; how it incorporated so many characters from the first game. The side quest where you can use Hero McDohl is awesome. Camus and Miklotov were amongst my favorite characters in this game... something about the nobility of those knights :) And that Georg... is it just me, or is the day you get him in your party as glorious as when you get Orlandu in FFT?! He's an amazing general, and he'll take out most enemies with a single shot (but might as well give him one of the infinite Double-Beat runes just to be sure ;) ). The only thing that I REALLY thought this game lacked was a final confrontation between Pesmerga and Yuber. You spend SOOO much time looking forward to it as they go through their little dialogues regarding one another.. then nothing.

As for the third and fourth games.. I've never played them :cry: I decided a few years back as game companies started sellilng rights saying they'd only make games for one system or another, (meaning we as consumers would have to buy every major system in order to enjoy our favorite games) that I wouldn't give in, so I wouldn't buy a system beyond the PSone. I hate it too.. I read all about Suikoden III when it was first coming out, and was itching with anticipation, but sadly, it never came out on PC, so I won't be playing it. I still have the promo video for it though... still gets me excited and gets my imagination going, seeing continuation from II... and Luc looking like a real bad-arse in this one.. plus one of the major characters' entire history is one of knightdom... my kind of game. If anyone knows of a place where I could obtain a PC version for it, 'twould be much appreciated.

MecaKane
06-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Kane, do you think you can go one post without making a masquared attempt at flaming people?
Oh, yes. Bad me. We should only be bad to people who like games we don't, Is that it?
Not people who judge games and won't even give them a chance based off the people who play them.

I decided a few years back as game companies started sellilng rights saying they'd only make games for one system or another, (meaning we as consumers would have to buy every major system in order to enjoy our favorite games) that I wouldn't give in, so I wouldn't buy a system beyond the PSone.
That's pretty damn foolish, firstly there've always been console specific games, and instead of whining about it, you could be a man and make a choice and at least have fun with the games for that system instead of missing out on everything.
There's no PC versions of any Suikoden games.

DMKA
06-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Not people who judge games and won't even give them a chance based off the people who play them.
And who has done this? o_O

FF Junkie
06-12-2005, 07:22 AM
I decided a few years back as game companies started sellilng rights saying they'd only make games for one system or another, (meaning we as consumers would have to buy every major system in order to enjoy our favorite games) that I wouldn't give in, so I wouldn't buy a system beyond the PSone.
That's pretty damn foolish, firstly there've always been console specific games, and instead of whining about it, you could be a man and make a choice and at least have fun with the games for that system instead of missing out on everything.
There's no PC versions of any Suikoden games.[/QUOTE]

True, there have always been console specific games.. but it's gotten much worse since PS2 and the rest of this generation of systems came out. As for the rest of this LOVELY reply, I'm not even going to bother responding. I'll "be a man" and turn the other cheek. Have a nice day.

black orb
06-12-2005, 08:53 AM
The only thing that I REALLY thought this game lacked was a final confrontation between Pesmerga and Yuber. You spend SOOO much time looking forward to it as they go through their little dialogues regarding one another.. then nothing.
>>> Yeah, I was expecting to see what was going on between those two.:mad:
Yuber have some major role in Suikoden 3 but there is no trace of Pesmerga, they also gave Yuber a puny black suit instead that super cool armor he used..:mad:

As for the third and fourth games.. I've never played them :cry: I decided a few years back as game companies started sellilng rights saying they'd only make games for one system or another, (meaning we as consumers would have to buy every major system in order to enjoy our favorite games) that I wouldn't give in, so I wouldn't buy a system beyond the PSone. I hate it too.. I read all about Suikoden III when it was first coming out, and was itching with anticipation, but sadly, it never came out on PC, so I won't be playing it. I still have the promo video for it though... still gets me excited and gets my imagination going, seeing continuation from II... and Luc looking like a real bad-arse in this one.. plus one of the major characters' entire history is one of knightdom... my kind of game. If anyone knows of a place where I could obtain a PC version for it, 'twould be much appreciated.
>>> I think you should try to get the games, forget about the console, The Games are the important thing..
I never owned a PS2, but that didnt stopped me to purchase the games I wanted, then I just borrowed a PS2 from a friend and played everything. Everybody has PS2, just a few own good games like Suikoden 3..
I think you still have time to find Suikoden 4 easily but S3 is kind of old so is gonna be hard find it..

Erdrick Holmes
06-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Maybe S5 will have the final battle between Yuber and Pesmerga.

RedCydranth
06-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I dunno, S5 i was hoping would show the rise of the Scarlet Moon Empire, before its fall in S1. The Toran Republic has a lot of sites, history and potential.

Also, I heard there was a game/movie in which the story centered around Nash (from 3) and it showed a lot of behind the scenes stuff we didn't get to see in S2, like why Lucia and Sasarai join Jowy's side against the Dunan Army, and who exactly is Nash's "missus". Although that mystery isn't fully revealed, many speculate its Sierra or Theresa Wisemail of Greenhill. The Game/movie has a deeper history of who Sierra is, and the telling of how she lost her True Rune to the Neclord. Also it goes deeper into Clive and Elza's "feud". I'm curious to see this game/movie or whatever it is.

Jebus
06-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Suikogaiden. It was never released in America, cause it was basically a text game thing with pic-a-tures.

But hey. Story is story. Wish I understood Japanese.

kawaiileena
06-12-2005, 04:03 PM

What!? Thanks a lot for Spoiling it for me and possibly other people who haven't got that far! :mad2:

But, on topic, I've only played S1 and S2, and I prefered S1, possibly cause that was my first PS game ever... or because I've completed that one. :D

:eek: Eek! I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, sorry, Ms. yuna_elena! I have forgotten to use the Spoiler button! OMG! I'm sorry if I have spoiled it for you... Terribly, I am. And I am also sorry if I have spoiled it to a few out there... :( I didn't mean to spoil it...

Shauna
06-12-2005, 04:17 PM

:eek: Eek! I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, sorry, Ms. yuna_elena! I have forgotten to use the Spoiler button! OMG! I'm sorry if I have spoiled it for you... Terribly, I am. And I am also sorry if I have spoiled it to a few out there... :( I didn't mean to spoil it...

It's OK, I'll forget about it in a matter of days. :D
*huggles*
I haven't played Suikoden 2 in a while... I might play it... :greenie:

kawaiileena
06-12-2005, 04:20 PM

It's OK, I'll forget about it in a matter of days. :D
*huggles*
I haven't played Suikoden 2 in a while... I might play it... :greenie:

I'm glad, then! Thanks for forgiving me! Have you completed Suikoden 2 yet? If not, you better finish it. There's at least 3 endings waiting for you. 1 very sad, the other one is just... balanced, and the last one is a very happy ending. ^^

FF Junkie
06-16-2005, 07:26 AM
[/QUOTE]
>>> I think you should try to get the games, forget about the console, The Games are the important thing..
I never owned a PS2, but that didnt stopped me to purchase the games I wanted, then I just borrowed a PS2 from a friend and played everything. Everybody has PS2, just a few own good games like Suikoden 3..
I think you still have time to find Suikoden 4 easily but S3 is kind of old so is gonna be hard find it..[/QUOTE]

I hear ya..... from the moment I first saw the Episode 3 trailer I was hooked on it. I actually had the PS2 console and all of the add-ons in my hand one day when I went to the mall and found a used version of the game. I was about to go up to the desk and buy it all when I saw a copy of a computer game i'd been looking at. That wouldn't require all the extras I'd need for the PS3, Suikoden deal, so I talked myself out of it and bought the computer game instead. If I see it again I might go ahead and do it up, seeing as how all the PS1 games are compatible. However, with all this talk of PS3 coming out, would it be a better idea to wait and buy that? Will all the PS one and two games be compatible with PS3?

Ste
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Suikoden II is one of my favourite games ever, had the best bad guy of all time in luca blight, a great story with a load of twists and turns that hideo kojima would be proud of and and superb set of characters, even the minor optional characters had god backstories and decent development, but the main ones where unbelievably good.

good battle system and its just fun to play.

never found the original, and was deprived of 3 because of translation difficulties, and havent got round to getting 4 yet.

love 2 though, 2nd best rpg ever - to grandia