PDA

View Full Version : Natalie Portman

Armisael
05-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Well i think she deserves her own thread!^_^
So she is beautiful,talented,young..I think she will soon be the number one star of Hollywood!*not that she already isn't but anyway!*

Your opinion about her?

http://www.abc-du-gratuit.net/images_stars/natalie_portman.jpg

TheAbominatrix
05-24-2005, 01:32 PM
She's gorgeous!

I think she's a very good actress when she's paired with a good script and a good director. As I've said, I dont like her acting in Star Wars... but seeing her in those beautiful dresses was enough.

She's one of my favorite actresses in Hollywood, I really really like her. She's beautiful, but she isnt slutty about it. I've never seen her wearing overly revealing clothing, and come to think of it I've never heard her badmouth anyone, which is really a big thing considering the fueds and seeming immorality of many of her fellow young actresses.

After writing this, I like her even more! xD

Armisael
05-24-2005, 01:42 PM
She's one of my favorite actresses in Hollywood, I really really like her. She's beautiful, but she isnt slutty about it. I've never seen her wearing overly revealing clothing, and come to think of it I've never heard her badmouth anyone, which is really a big thing considering the fueds and seeming immorality of many of her fellow young actresses.

Exactly..That is probably why most of the people like her..I have seen some backstages videos,and she seems to be very funny and cheerful person!She doesn't act like diva at all and that's what it makes her so easily-loved!^_^

Chris
05-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Natalie Portman is an unearthly beauty. Her stunning looks and amazing capability as an actress is unequalled amongst the young crowd in Hollywood today. She's fierce; unfortunately she's not had the opportunity to fully blossom on the screen, mostly because people prefer Kiera Knightley and Jessica Biel. Sad, but true.

Armisael
05-24-2005, 01:53 PM
unfortunately she's not had the opportunity to fully blossom on the screen, mostly because people prefer Kiera Knightley and Jessica Biel. Sad, but true.
What do you mean?

And btw i find Natalie more attractive from Kiera and Jessica..She has a very strange beauty and sweetness that makes her on top of all the others teen-actresses..

TheAbominatrix
05-24-2005, 01:59 PM
I think Natalie has a very natural beauty, which is rare. Anyone can be made gorgeous by those expensive beauticians. But, Kiera for example, she always seems to have the make up piled on. Even in every scene of Pirates, after being wet and all that, the make up still seems caked on there. Natalie, though she wears make up, doesnt seem to wear very much, and it seems to look natural. And above all, she looks her age... not like, say, Lindsey Lohan, who looks so much older because of her clothing/make up.

Natalie, to me, looks like a girl you'd see on the street everyday. She doesnt look plastic or fake.

Chris
05-24-2005, 02:10 PM
unfortunately she's not had the opportunity to fully blossom on the screen, mostly because people prefer Kiera Knightley and Jessica Biel. Sad, but true.
What do you mean?
She's not had that vital role yet that establishes her like Kiera Knightley, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Biel or Mandy Moore. What I'm trying to say; Natalie Portman has been widely overlooked.

Armisael
05-24-2005, 02:10 PM
And above all, she looks her age... not like, say, Lindsey Lohan, who looks so much older because of her clothing/make up.

Oh God you're so right here!I mean:
age-19!!--->http://www.celebritiesworldwide.com/Images/Lindsey-Lohan-pic.jpg

age--23---->http://www.arnadal.no/film/actors/images/portman_natalie.jpg

Chris
05-24-2005, 02:16 PM
You're so right:

http://www.screensavershot.com/persons2/portman.jpg
Natalie Portman without make-up.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/albums/album12/Jessica_Biel_01.jpg
Jessica Biel with full make-up.

Who looks the best? Natalie without make-up or Jessica with full blown make-up? You go figure.

Armisael
05-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Of course Natalie looks far better!Like it stated above Natalie has a natural beauty and that what she makes her so special!

Hawkeye
05-24-2005, 02:54 PM
I'd do them both

Itsunari 2000
05-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Hmm - pretty enough ... and I'd agree she has strong potential as an actress if in a comfortable role.

Captain Maxx Power
05-24-2005, 05:39 PM
It's Natalie Portman for crying out loud. What's not to love or find hopelessly attractive?

fire_of_avalon
05-24-2005, 06:33 PM
She's ok, but I think she's way more popular than Keira Knightly or Jessica Biel, especially the latter.

Alice
05-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I myself like her very much, did you know she has a degree in psychology from harvard.. thats pretty kick ass ^_^

As much as i love the girl, I love kiera knightly a bit more, Kiera is a much better actress if you ask me, shes done so much more than Natalie that its hard to compare. They both bring their own to the table, but im afraid as far as asking goes, that goes to kiera for her roles in several of the best movies, while Natalies movies (besides SW) tend to fall short.

Beauty and personality wise, i know more about natalie so i love her ^_^

The Captain
05-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Ms. Portman has already established herself as an accomplished actress, especially with the Oscar nomination this past season, and she does seem more willing to try roles that don't cast her as the beauty queen, but more as a unique person in a given situation than many other young actresses.

She's actually originally from a town not too far from me, and I've encountered a few people that knew her when she was growing up and they all said essentially what we've said about her: that she is real, honest, naturally beautiful, humble, and whip smart.

I wish her all the best, though I think she's already solidified herself and has the staying power.

Take care all.

Miriel
05-24-2005, 08:43 PM
As much as i love the girl, I love kiera knightly a bit more, Kiera is a much better actress if you ask me, shes done so much more than Natalie that its hard to compare. They both bring their own to the table, but im afraid as far as asking goes, that goes to kiera for her roles in several of the best movies, while Natalies movies (besides SW) tend to fall short.
Whoa. I couldn't disagree with you more.

Have you seen Natalie in Closer? It was one of the best performances of 2004 and Keira Knightley hasn't done anything that could be comparable to that performance. Not to mention that she was brilliant in Garden State and in the few moments she had in Cold Mountain, managed to outshine both Jude Law and Nicole Kidman. As much as I like Keira, she's nowhere near the same level in terms of talent as Natalie. Natalie Portman will win an Oscar one day. Keira Knightley...not so likely.

Also, ditto everything TheAbominatrix already posted. I think Natalie Portman has a dignity that is severely lacking in other young Hollywood actresses.

Rye
05-24-2005, 08:46 PM
She's pretty talented as an actress, but I don't find her very attractice. She has the body of a boy, in my opinion, not enough hips.

Miriel
05-24-2005, 08:50 PM
I think she has a lovely body. I'd trade anyday. :p

VampireCrono
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
She's uNFable

Rainecloud
05-24-2005, 09:41 PM
She's very pretty, but I don't normally go for Nabooians.

muchacho
05-24-2005, 10:19 PM
i think shes hot.

but i think she was hotter in episode 2 than in episode 3. maybe it was the fact that she was pregnant in episode 3, i dont know.

Shlup
05-24-2005, 11:09 PM
She's a classic and natual beauty. I'd do her and bring her flowers.

Chris
05-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Don't you have like a... BJ? :greenie:

...that is you, right? :D

Shlup
05-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Of course BJ wants in on the action. We've discussed this.

nik0tine
05-24-2005, 11:19 PM
She's damn hot if you ask me. I don't really dig the new shaved head, but it's her body. Im not gonna complain.

RSL
05-24-2005, 11:48 PM

ditto, minus the flowers.

Chris
05-25-2005, 12:14 AM

ditto, minus the flowers.
Cheap, cheap, cheap. :greenie:

eestlinc
05-25-2005, 01:57 AM
her face is weird. Not enough vertical size.

also, I've never even heard of Jessica Biel or Kiera Knightly

Erdrick Holmes
05-25-2005, 02:33 AM
She's sexy!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-25-2005, 02:46 AM
She was hot in Léon.

RSL
05-25-2005, 03:00 AM
I knew you were gonna say that, Kishi.

Yamaneko
05-25-2005, 04:17 AM
Doesn't she have a degree from NYU? I think that's hotter.

Miriel
05-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Doesn't she have a degree from NYU? I think that's hotter.
She has a Psychology degree from Harvard, and I think she's fluent in Hewbrew, German, Japanese, and French.

Crazy talented girl.

Leene
05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
:save: She is PERFECT! :save:

Excelsior
05-26-2005, 04:38 AM
she shaved her head!??! well...i used to want to do her.

Calliope
05-26-2005, 06:14 AM
Natalie Portman in Closer vs Scarlett Johansen in Lost in Translation.

BATTLE OF THE WIGWAMS GO!

Shadowdust
05-26-2005, 07:18 AM
I have to agree that she is quite pretty. I think that it may stand out more because of the kind of person she is. After seeing a few interviews, the biggest being inside the Actor's Studio or some thing like that, I appreciated how honest she is. And she's really quite mellow with a goofy sense of humor. It definitely adds to her attractiveness.

Rostum
05-26-2005, 07:41 AM
I want to marry her. ;;

Alice
05-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Have you seen Natalie in Closer? It was one of the best performances of 2004 and Keira Knightley hasn't done anything that could be comparable to that performance. Not to mention that she was brilliant in Garden State and in the few moments she had in Cold Mountain, managed to outshine both Jude Law and Nicole Kidman. As much as I like Keira, she's nowhere near the same level in terms of talent as Natalie. Natalie Portman will win an Oscar one day. Keira Knightley...not so likely.

Just finished Closer a couple of hours ago and I have to say I might wanna take that one back. She is very good actress and I was positively reminded of her kick-ass-ness this evening.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-26-2005, 09:01 AM
shes very beautiful and talented and she has the brains as well

who ever has her will be very lucky!

I can never forget her performance in "the professional" very young but very good!

Ill be looking forward to her new movie "V for Vendetta" she seems to be streching her acting range, take risks which is very nice to see these days!

Armisael
05-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah she was simply amazing at Closer..