PDA

View Full Version : Err...

Redfield
05-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Um... anyone heard the rumour (and seen the piks) that Tifa dies?

My name is...something..?
05-24-2005, 02:59 PM
No, Where'd you hear that from?
And there are pics of it? Why would they release pics of that? Pics like that would ruin the whole movie if it happens.

Redfield
05-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Thats true
you know the ones with coud in the church with tifa in his arms?
oh well lol.... i like the chocobo things on the main forum... kweh! lol

Destai
05-24-2005, 03:02 PM
No you're talking about the picture where Cloud finds her badly beaten in the Church after her one on one fight with Loz. But no she doesnt die from that as shes seen later protecting Denzel from Bahamut Sins attacks on Midgar.

silentenigma
05-24-2005, 09:51 PM
I've seen the pic of the KO'd tifa, but They would never let her die. It would just be dumb if they
FFVII kill off both of the main female characters. Or maybe that's just what we need... :rolleyes2

JAS4Yeshua
05-24-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't think it will ruin the movie, if it is done well. Sometimes a major character's death could have a profound effect that can only improve the movie. Other times, it is completely pointless and can ruin the movie. It is a hard to say one way or the other if her death would be good or bad for the movie. I know I wouldn't like it if it happened, but we'll have to wait and see, won't we? ;)

KoShiatar
05-24-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't think it's gonna happen. But I see a major rumour coming and in eight years from now there will be people saying "See, they wanted to make Tifa die, but then they didn't have the time to make the scene and they left her alive":P

JAS4Yeshua
05-24-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't think it's gonna happen. But I see a major rumour coming and in eight years from now there will be people saying "See, they wanted to make Tifa die, but then they didn't have the time to make the scene and they left her alive":P
Eight years? I give it eight days, max. :p

Raven Nox
05-25-2005, 12:37 AM
I give it eight hours max.

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 12:47 AM
If they were gonna do something major like kill off a character, it wouldnt be shown in the previews. Sheesh.

And yeah, that rumor will be going around, no doubt.

Raven Nox
05-25-2005, 01:02 AM
I think this topic should be hidden away as so people don't get the idea... won't work, but at least we can say we tried to stop the rumor. The last thing we need is a Tifa death rumor to go with all the reviving Aeris ones.

BackRoomKid
05-25-2005, 02:33 AM
first Aeris, now Tifa (presuming it's true)

i don't really care...but if Square is smart enough, they wouldn't let that happen...because there are gonna be whiney fans writing worthless petitions to "resurrect' her *sigh*

Ah well...it'll be rumored 'till AC's release in September

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 03:16 AM
It's NOT true. If they were going to do it, they WOULD NOT show it in the previews. That'd be like if, when FFVII first came out, they showed Aerith dying in the magazines.

ShivaBlizzard8
05-25-2005, 04:31 AM
True. . . but to be fair, the television ads for FF7 that came out in the US showed Cloud lowering Aeris into the water, with the voiceover, "and a love that could never be" or something like that, so in that case, they did put a spoiler in the previews.

At any rate, yeah, that scene in the church shows Tifa hurt, not dying. If anyone dies in this movie, its going to be Cloud or something. :p

Redfield
05-25-2005, 09:02 AM
If it were to happen... i dunoo i like tifa alot, i think her new outfit is well cool... but as AC is supposed to be the last in the series, it'd end it well....
and besides, the revive aerith thing was true lol if you lived in japan, or had an action replay^^ but you couldn't take her off your team... same with sephiroth and zack -who looks amazing- in the film lol

and yeah theres the watery bit and a bit where they are stodd back to back in a field of flowers which is nice.
Bahamaut looks really cool too its a nice touch, by adding the summons^^

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 09:30 AM
The revive Aerith thing is not true in any country. It's only done through cheats. You cannot revive Aerith in Japan.

Redfield
05-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Aha lol... why would you want to cheat anyway? If Aerith dies as part of the story line, whats the point bringing her back?

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I dont know why. I do know how, and that's the only way, which is my point.

Redfield
05-25-2005, 12:12 PM
yeah i see lol
do you know what you're supposed to do with the super sweepers you get from the rollercoaster game in the gold saucer?

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Nothing. They're just to have. They have no special purpose.

DMKA
05-25-2005, 12:30 PM
LOL!

Redfield
05-25-2005, 01:37 PM
lol like the soldier things then? -looks disapointed- lol you sepnd all that time to get them lol....

CloudStrife48
05-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Tifa will never die

but assuminig she did. Atleast the love triangle would die finally once and for all. All those Clo/Tifa fans would be mad because Cloud would go off into the lifestream to be with Aeris! (where he should be) :cool:

TheAbominatrix
05-27-2005, 02:31 AM
How would Tifa dying solve the love triangle? Tifa dying means Cloud goes into the Lifestream to be with Aerith? That makes no sense.

Raven Nox
05-27-2005, 02:46 AM
The love triangle should all ready be dead, as one of the triangle is dead, but it isn't, and even if Tifa dies, the triangle will go now... unless Cloud finds a three girl. I think that's really the only way to stop the triangle, kill both Aeris and Tifa and have Cloud get another girl, and even THAT wouldn't stop it! If both died, I think Cloud would go after both of them, actually, not just Aeris, what would Tifa's death have to her with Aeris anyway?

TheAbominatrix
05-27-2005, 02:51 AM
Well their souls would just be reborn, as is the way the Lifestream works. If Aerith is outside of that, then she'd be in the Promised Land, where non-Cetra cant go. So Cloud couldnt get to her anyway. And if normal people can get to the Promised Land, why wouldnt she be with her first love, Zack?

And yes, the Love Triangle will never die. In AC, Cloud could go to Tifa, confess his undying love, have sex with her, marry her, and have 7 kids, and still the argument would go on.

edit: And before you rabid folks start in on me, I'm using Tifa as an example. Use Aerith if you wish, it'd be the same outcome.

Redfield
05-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Or they could just throw a phoenix down lol...

kikimm
05-28-2005, 01:22 AM
edit: And before you rabid folks start in on me, I'm using Tifa as an example. Use Aerith if you wish, it'd be the same outcome.

See, that's what pisses me off about the whole thing. You have to constantly defend yourself against these crazy people.

Anyways, no, I KNOW she isn't going to die. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I', positive that I read and/or saw that after Cloud found Tifa in the church, she wakes up a few hours later, and they're talking. So...definitley not?

EDIT: I read through the whole thread before, but if I happened to miss it, and someone else already pointed this out, I apologize. I'm...backing them up, then.

:D

TurkSlayer
05-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Why don't people let the triangle die, anyway? Seriously, Aeris is GONE. And the only reason she fell in love with Cloud is because he reminded her so much of Zack. (At least, that is what I've been led to beleive) But now she is dead. So really, unless Cloud dies, he can't be with her, and even then, he probably still can't. While that doesn't necassarily mean he will have to be with Tifa, but he is definately not going to be with Aeris. I've just gotten tired of people talking about the "love triangle" when one of the people in the triangle is dead!!! AGH!!!!!!!!

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest.

KoShiatar
06-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I've seen a pic of Clud holding a very much beat (dead?) Kadaj instead. That is far more interesting. Anyone knows anything about that? Or was it just a promotional picture?

TheAbominatrix
06-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Looks like a fake to me.

BackRoomKid
06-06-2005, 11:59 PM
where did you get that pic? the quality of the pic is convincing

TheAbominatrix
06-07-2005, 12:04 AM
It's a spliced picture of the scene where Cloud lowers Aerith into the water, the background from when Cloud stands near Midgard I believe, and some scene where Kadaj has fallen. It doesnt even look like Cloud is holding him.

Squall of SeeD
06-07-2005, 08:07 AM
It's very much an authentic picture. It has been in at least two magazines in Japan so far, and in an interview with Nomura, he mentions it saying it wasn't necessarily Cloud that beat the tar out of him:

http://adventchildren.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1117736887&archive=&start_from=&ucat=35& (Click the pictured marked "2")

http://adventchildren.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1117499692&archive=&start_from=&ucat=35&
http://media.adventchildren.net/scans/jp050513-02.jpg
http://adventchildren.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1115901307&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

TheAbominatrix
06-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Seriously? It looks so cheap and fake... hm. Well, I concede defeat.

KoShiatar
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I found it online along with other magazine scans. The quality is poor but I think it's not a fake. Sure not one made by me, anyway. This is going to be interesting.

BackRoomKid
06-08-2005, 12:18 AM
they're just magazine promotions...not like..."oh my god, stop the presses, look at this"