PDA

View Full Version : What gaming systems did you have?

JAS4Yeshua
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
A thread for this was started on another site, and thought it would be interesting to see here. I know I'm going to be dating myself here, but I think it'll be fun.

For me, my first gaming console was the Atari 2600. Blocky games and all. :D

Of course, I played the most games on the Commodore 64. 16 colors and 3-channel sound. hehe

From there it was Nintendo, Super Nintendo. Didn't have another system until the PlayStation 2 (Purchased because of FFX).

How about you? What gaming systems did/do you have?

fire_of_avalon
05-24-2005, 09:40 PM
We still have our NES, SNES, PSX and PS2. I think that's all, I never was really much for handhelds. However, I have at some time "owned" the above, and a Sega Genesis, an N64, a Gameboy and a Gameboy Color.

Tidus Andronicus
05-24-2005, 09:43 PM
hmmm... hehe let me think as far back as I can!

Well, Originally, I had the Atari (dont remember what one it was lol) And I had this mac, that we used souly for like 5 games... that I dont even remember much about.
Then I had this computer thing that hooked up to the TV, it had this 3D defender game that ran off a casset tape... and it something about "Meet the turtle" and Logo i think was the name of the computer thing.

Then in order I had a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, then PS2 then GameCube. lol

Oh and I almost forgot the handhelds! lol
Original Gameboy (which I still have), Sega Game Gear, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced SP, And now the Nintendo DS. I also have a PDA, but it only has a few games.XD

Most of the old stuff either broke or was sold... and now I just have my PC, and PS2, GameCube, and still have the Dreamcast!

ChaosCalibur
05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Hito 8000,super bitman,sega genesis 3,game boy pocket,game boy advance, PSX,PS2,NGC,XBOX,PC

JAS4Yeshua
05-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Hito 8000,super bitman,sega genesis 3,game boy pocket,game boy advance, PSX,PS2,NGC,XBOX,PC
Hito 8000? Super Bitman? Haven't heard of those. Also didn't know there was a Sega Genesis 3. :confused:

Agent Proto
05-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I have owned the following, at one point.

NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Game Boy/GBColor, PlayStation.

I currently own the following.
GameCube, NintendoDS, PS2, Game Boy Advanced SP, and PSP.

Levian
05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
SNES, PS2, Gamecube.

In that order. I have 'em all still though.

Mercen-X
05-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Atari, Nintendo (rundown and twitchy before I got to it), GameBoy, Genesis, PlayStation, PlayStation (the first one broke), PlayStation (the second one broke), PlayStation2, PlayStation2 Slim (the original wore out), GBA.

ChaosCalibur
05-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Hito 8000? Super Bitman? Haven't heard of those. Also didn't know there was a Sega Genesis 3. :confused:

Sega Genesis 3 is just smaller. The other 2 systems are Korean

Shoden
05-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Megadrive master system game gear and Playsation and N64

i still have my megadrive and N64 and PSX

i now have a PS2 and PC

Mo-Nercy
05-24-2005, 11:20 PM
PS, PS2...I feel ashamed. :cool:

Shoden
05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
i also had a GameBoy Colour now i have a GBA SP and GBA as hand helds

Chris
05-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Commodore 64, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advanche, PSX, Nintendo Game Cube, Sega Mega Drive.

omnitarian
05-24-2005, 11:30 PM
SNES, N64, GameCube, GB, GBC, GBA, DS.

Noticing a trend? :-/

Necronopticous
05-24-2005, 11:32 PM
My uncle had Intelevision and Atari then >> NES >> Gameboy >> Gameboy Pocket Color >> SNES >> Sega Game Gear >> Sega Saturn >> Supervision >> Nintendo 64 >> Playstation >> Playstation 2 >> Game Boy Advance SP >> Playstation 2 >> Playstation 2 >> PSX mini + LCD screen >> Gamecube >> Only time will tell!

Erdrick Holmes
05-24-2005, 11:53 PM
PS2 (Only have it to play Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and Monster Rancher 2 and 3)
Xbox
Sega Genesis (needs an RF switch)
Sega Dreamcast (I will never get rid of this baby, EVER!)
Gamebody Advance SP

Necron, how much do you want for your Sega Saturn? I want it.

Samuraid
05-25-2005, 02:58 AM
A few computers...

DMKA
05-25-2005, 12:17 PM
In the order I had them:

Atari (dunno which one...it was a little black and brown one)
Gameboy
Super Nintendo
Nintendo
Sega Genesis (aka Megadrive)
Atari 2400
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Sega Saturn
Gameboy Color
PSone
Gamecube
Playstation 2

Now I only have Playstation, Playstation 2, Gameboy Color and Gamecube left. :(

Lionx
05-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Nintendo
Game Boy
Super Nintendo
Neo-Geo Console
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64
PlayStation2
Game Boy Color
GameCube
PC
Mac

Xander
05-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Commodore 64 was the first thing I started gaming on too! *love* Although technically it was my brother's, same with the Spectrum and Amiga I first played on. Then I played PC games so I guess you could say PC was my first.

My own first proper console was the Sega Megadrive ^_^ Then the Playstation...then Playstation 2, and more recently a GBA SP and Gamecube too. I still have the Megadrive up and running <3 Oh and I have an N64 too although somebody else has it right now. Grr.

Endless
05-25-2005, 08:28 PM
The first I had (may parents weren't exactly fan of video games, so it took a while to convince them) was a GB. After that the Snes, then the GB pocket, then the GBC, then the N64, then a PSX, then the GBA, then a DC, then a PS2, then a GBA-SP, then a GC, then a DS.

XxSephirothxX
05-25-2005, 09:17 PM
My parents wouldn't let me have a system for a long time, but I finally got a Sega Genesis. I'd never really been exposed to the SNES at the time, and I loved Sonic. Then I got a Nintendo 64, and then a GameCube when it was launched. I got a GameBoy Advance a few months later. I nabbed a PS2 just over a year ago and got an Xbox this Christmas. And I still have every one. :)

Necronopticous
05-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Necron, how much do you want for your Sega Saturn? I want it.That was so long ago, I don't even know what happened to that damn thing. It got stolen from me one time but I got it back then I don't quite remember what we did with it. The only games even worth playing on it were Virtua Cop and Panzer Dragoon, I was really dissapointed in that crappy system. I think we might have put it in a closet somewhre and forgotten about it or perhaps my uncle got drunk and shot put it in the parking lot of our apartments one night. Can't remember.

black orb
05-25-2005, 09:43 PM
>>> Just a NES and a Playstation, all the other consoles are owned by my brother.. :/

Gabriel
05-25-2005, 10:28 PM
let's see.........

-------------------------------------
Commadore 64
Commadore 64 (2nd edition)
Atari
Amiga
Spectrum
--------------------------------------
Sega Saturn
Sega Master System
Sega Mega Drive
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Playstation 2
Xbox

rubah
05-25-2005, 10:37 PM
supposedly we had an atari. I haven't seen it for myself though.

Apart from that it was a direct upgrade from teh NES to the PS2

Chris
05-26-2005, 08:55 AM
SNES, N64, GameCube, GB, GBC, GBA, DS.

Noticing a trend? :-/
Yeah! You like typing the letter "G"?

:banme

NM
05-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I've had the following games machine's.

Spectrum +2
Spectrum +3
Comadore C64
Amiga 500
Game Gear
NES
SNES
GBA
GBA SP
Nintendo DS
Playstation
Dreamcast
Playstation 2
GameCube

I still have the 2 Specturm's, SNES, GBA, GBA SP, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, GameCube and Nintendo DS

Super Christ
05-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Sega Master System
Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Gamecube
Playstation 2
X-Box
Game Gear
Game Boy Advance

I still have them all. And they still all work, except for the Sega CD. Now I gotta get myself an Atari 2600 and a Sega Saturn. And a new Sega CD.

Erdrick Holmes
05-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Damnit I want one of your guys' Saturns.

Ashi
05-26-2005, 10:12 PM
My family had a lot. Pretty sure we had something before an Atari. And then an Atari. Then someone brought something called... "Neo Geo"(?). I remember we got pretty addicted to that. There were games that we spent family holidays trying to take turns to finish, even us, "the kids". Gameboy. NES and SNES were brought at around the same time. We raced our uncles in clearing games, in one big race we cleared it up in a matter of hours before they did (or was it the other way around...hmm). Then came Sega Saturn and Dreamcast. Then Nintendo 64. Then Playstation. Then Playstation 2. Gamecube. XBox. Gameboy Advance. Pretty sure my brothers brought that Nintendo DS thing.

I, myself, only own playstation, playstation 2 and a GBA. Though I did/do have access to the others and get/go to play whenever.

Swordicanus
06-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Nintendo 64-ps1-Xbox-Gamecube-Ps2-(game boy colour and advance too) if they count?

Black Mage
06-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Atari 2600 -> Apple Computer (For Oregon Trail, Mixed up Mother Goose, and some Olympics game) -> Nintendo Entertainment System -> Game Boy (Original) -> Super Nintendo -> Nintendo 64 -> Game Boy Color -> Playstation -> Nintendo GameCube -> Playstation 2 -> Game Boy SP -> Nintendo DS

I have managed to keep all of them, except the Apple Computer, and they all are still in working order.

Ryth
06-25-2005, 08:30 PM
My first system was a NES I still have it along with all my games my dad bought it about a year or 2 before I was born then we got a Genesis, a PS1 the year it came out, Game Boy Color too, Game Boy Advance, Gamceube, then an Xbox and DS, then I bought a N64 a while back and my grandfather let me have his Atari 2600.

Craig
06-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Amiga
NES
SNES
Mega Drive
Playstation
Playstation 2
Dreamcast
Gamecube
Xbox

DJZen
06-26-2005, 05:16 AM
NES
SNES
Gameboy
Virtual Boy
N64 (sold it)
PS1
GBC
Dreamcast
NGPC
PS2
GBA
GC
Atari Paddles (it has Warlords! ZOMG!!!!1)

I only regret being such a Nintendo fanboy for so long. Little did I know the awesomeness that was to be found on Genesis, Saturn, TG16, and other wonderful systems. :cry:

Madame Adequate
06-26-2005, 05:28 AM
Amstrad of some sort or another. Ancient, loaded from cassettes.
BBC Micro (Parent's, but I used it occasionally)
Master System
Genesis/Mega Drive, Mega Drive II
Saturn
Dreamcast
N64 (Now broken ;_; )
PS
PS2 (Had PAL, now NTSC)
Game Gear
X-Box
GameCube (Had PAL, soon to be an NTSC GC)
GameBoy
GameBoy Color

No particular order, and I don't have any of the handhelds anymore.

Zeldy
06-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Megadrive
Ps1
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Gameboy Pocket
Game boy Colour
Game boy Advance
Game boy SP
Gameboy DS

The Megadrive, Pocket and Colour went bye-bye :(

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Megadrive
PS2

*crys*

KentaRawr!
06-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Let's see... (The Words in between the ( )'s are what we refer our systems to.)

Radio Shack Full Color TV Score Board (It had 3 different versions of Pong on it. o_o Also we call it "That old Pong thing")
Nintendo Entertainment System (N.E.S)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Super Nintendo)
Sega Genesis (Sega Genesis, but we used to call it our Sega.)
Super Gameboy (Super Gameboy)
Nintendo 64 (N64)
Sega Dreamcast (Dreamcast)
Gameboy Color (Gameboy Color)
Gameboy Advance (Gameboy Advance)
Sega Saturn (Sega Saturn)
Nintendo Gamecube (Gamecube)
Sony Playstation 2 (Playstation 2)
Gameboy Player (Gameboy Player)
Nintendo DS (DS)

The Systems closest to the bottom are the systems we got most recently. (My Mom had that Radio Shack Pong thing for a looooooooooong time...)