PDA

View Full Version : Decline of Video Gaming

radyk05
05-25-2005, 12:55 AM
funny sutff:

Decline of Video Gaming (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/158631)

the sequel:

Decline of Video Gaming 2 (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/191110)

and

A Gamer's Manifesto (http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/manifesto.html)

will you coment on these?

black orb
05-25-2005, 04:35 AM
>>> "Decline of Videogaming" are the funniest flash ever created, Im waiting for the third one..

Captain Maxx Power
05-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Agreed. It certainly out-does their "Another Day" series, which is just plain rubbish IMO.

Laguna
05-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Woo hoo! Acknowledgement! Sorry, its just that I worked on both Decline and Decline 2 (and Decline 3 but its not finished). Im Dan of Double Helix.

Glad you all enjoyed them! And Another Day is pretty damn good for the number of hours Dim puts in.

Polaris
05-25-2005, 12:09 PM
I loved to see it, I cryed so much of laughing!

radyk05
05-25-2005, 06:56 PM
and what do you people think about the gamer's manifesto?

Tidus Andronicus
05-25-2005, 07:17 PM
While I love those flash movies, lol And I really want to see another sequal.

I can't really agree with that "A Gamers' Manifesto" thing...

For one, a lot of info he has it false... and only applies to older games and systems. He tries to apply old complaints to newer stuff. He doesn't even seem to know the processing power of these next gen systems IS enough that it can do graphics and AI without a problem, when they get this fast, its not hard at all. We just need developers to come up with more. lol
Second, how old some of his arguments are, and how he takes things out of context and compares the wrong things... The whole thing about women and gamming... blah... there are plenty of games out there for men and women... and don't tell us that Red Ninja is offensive to women... cause they wouldn't be playing that, unless they wanted to, its obvious from the cover and all the reviews how skimpy her cloths are... And the same goes for his other references, DOA and GTA... lol There are a lot of women that want to play that kind of stuff, and there are a lot that don't... and there are a lot of different games out there, and plenty for people that don't want violence and skimpy cloths.

Ok, that being said, and reading the whole article, I do agree with him on a LOT more than I disagree! ok? lol A lot of his business arguments make valid points... And things like save points should be abolished.

But, a lot of it is just ranting... and ranting about stuff that can't be fixed easilly... there are a LOT of technical limitations to developers, and a lot of other stuff that is just very hard to fix. And these kinds of things are being fixed slowly...

He is just fed up with gaming apearantly... LOL

The site is called "pointlesswasteoftime" and that applies to how he feels about games apearantly... but it also applies to reading this artical. XD

Yuffie514
05-26-2005, 12:34 AM
NO! video-games can't go away. is this about what happened if video-games died? pffst! they can't. game-design jobs are opening up and video-games will keep on evolving, just like radio, music, and television. these things will eventually last longer than the Great Wall of China.

YukiKiro
05-26-2005, 02:10 AM
i've seen number two multiple times. if you can't figure it out. the gaming ordination thing shortens to gonads. but i like the series and i think dim is actually pretty cool. i also find it impressive that those guys can make fun ofthemselves and take it in stride

Rainecloud
05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Instant-Failure Stealth Levels. Ack. This brings back horrible memories of a Goldeneye level where if you tripped an alarm, an infinite number of bad guys poured forth. We knew a man who failed that level 37 times, then got the Infinite Health cheat for it and came back. He intentionally tripped the alarm, the guards rushed out. Laughing maniacally, he proceeded to shoot those [bleepers] for four hours, killing 1,183 of them - 682 with groin shots - before his thumbs cramped up. Your game should not create this kind of bitterness.

I enjoy the bitterness. ;_;

Besides, I used to do that in Goldeneye all the time.