PDA

View Full Version : Actually...

Redfield
05-25-2005, 12:15 PM
What is it? lol call me suptid, but i am confused... i know its the vincent game, but what console is it for? and release date? and why?! lol If anyone could answer any of those questions (particually the why one) i'll be a very happy shuyin! lol and i may give you ice cream.... virtual ice ceam of cousre^^ lol

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 12:18 PM
It'll be for the PS2. The exact release date has not been confirmed, I'm pretty sure it will be in 2006.

Why what? Why make it? Just part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. And to make money, like everything Square makes.

ZuZu
05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
lol and i may give you ice cream.... virtual ice ceam of cousre^^ lol Hey, you are sharing ice cream here! Me first! :love:
I hope they will release more information about this game. There is no way I'm going to skip this game. :p

Redfield
05-25-2005, 01:34 PM
lol gives everyone ice cream^^
PS2 huh? yeah i kinda dont see why they're making it other than to make money... its not like they need it... then again, ff7 now has er.... 3? sequels? it just seems like a scam... i really want them to remake ff7 thouugh, that'd be uber cool lol

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 01:50 PM
That's silly. EVERY game they make is just to make money. Final Fantasy VII itself was just to make money. And yes, they do need it. They're a company. Their sole purpose is to make money. That's what companies do. It's no more a scam than anything else they make. Not to mention that they're catering to fans who've been screaming for a sequel since VII first came out, and whose screaming worsened after X-2 came out, because 'inferior' X got a sequel when 'omfg best ever' VII (note: I dont think either of those is true, I'm just refering to the sentiment of fans) did not.

VII has two sequels, a prequel, Crisis Core (not enough info to know what that is yet) and a Snowboarding game for cellphones.

Croyles
05-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I have to agree that the "why" question was a bit stupid.

everyone seems to think it will be a sort of Devil May Cry kind of game, but SE mentioned that people will be surprised by the outcome.

Redfield
05-25-2005, 09:42 PM
no no, sowi maybe i didnt explain that well enough... by why, i meant like why does the game need to be there, like what does it add to the story line. Obviuosly they make games only for money, but with things like this, it seems a bit pointless thats all... persoanlly i want that impressed with the screen shots (Cait Sith?????! WTF!) and i wouldn't run to own a copy, unless it had some relevence to the story line. Sorry if i confused you (oi confused me too) and clearly made a huge ass of myself... :(

Croyles
05-25-2005, 11:03 PM
ahh no need to beat yourself up about it *thud thud thud*, i said there is NO need! :D

even though you clarified you answer a bit, it still doesnt make too much sense. it probably doesnt matter to them whether it will add to the story line or not, but might do only if that brings them more money, which it will if in my opinion SE knows that only true FF fans, who usually want more elaboration on plot, buy the game.

But i do definitely hope it will play an important role in the story.

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 12:24 AM
There's really no point to anything they make. They make games for money, and for our enjoyment. DoC is no different, and just because it's a sequel, it shouldnt have to be.

Redfield
05-26-2005, 09:03 AM
hmmm....
i dunno... anyway the two games the guy that made ff has done for xbox 360 look pretty awesome...

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mystwalker company. Yeah, I like them... though I like the more serious looking one better, cant remember the name. The cartoony art of the one with the dragon is a turn off.

Redfield
05-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Blue Dragon?

Masamune·1600
05-27-2005, 11:28 PM
no no, sowi maybe i didnt explain that well enough... by why, i meant like why does the game need to be there, like what does it add to the story line.

While details on Dirge of Cerberus are admittedly sparse, SE has suggested that the purpose of the Compilation is, basically, to explore and expand upon the world of FFVII. Beyond continuing the story, DoC may provide answers to some of the more enigmatic elements of FFVII. Given that the information currently available is somewhat limited, it's difficult to determine precisely how DoC relates to prior events.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are the two titles that Sakaguchi has announced for the 360.