PDA

View Full Version : What if? "Star Wars"

Chris
05-25-2005, 12:56 PM
What would have happened if Yoda had killed Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith? Would Anakin still have turned to the dark site? It puzzles me; if Palpatine wasn't there to influence Anakin, would he still have been seduced by the dark site. How responsible was Palpatine for Anakin's turning? It puzzles me a great deal. Papatine obviously had something to say about Anakin's fate, but still, would Anakin had been strong enough to let go, even if Palpatine where dead? Ultimately, isn't Anakin 100 percent to blame, blaming Palpatine is a cop out if you ask me. When it all comes down to it; Anakin wasn't strong enough to "let go of his feelings". Ultimately resulting in Padmé's death.

Lindy
05-25-2005, 01:00 PM
The alternate ending of the Revenge of the Sith game sounds fun.

Anakin beats Obi-Wan, Dooku gives him a red lightsaber, he then kills Dooku and says "No, I will rule the galaxy alone!" or something like that. So, he'd go on to rule everything and kill Palaptine himself.

So, on the basis of that, I'd assume he'd still be super evil even if Palpatine was dead.

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I think it depends on what stage he was at when Yoda kills Palpatine. If you mean during the duel, after Anakin has already pledged his loyalty, I think he'd continue to be evil, and to rule the Empire. If, say, at the beginning of RotS, Palpatine was discovered and killed by Yoda, I think the outcome would have been vastly different. He still trusted the Order, moreover he still trusted Obi-Wan, so at that point I think he would have stayed on the side of the Light.

Lindy
05-25-2005, 02:16 PM
It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's holding me back!

...I would have slapped the kid at that point and told him to shaddup >=(

TheAbominatrix
05-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah, he was being an angsty twit. That really annoyed me. He seemed to grow up a bit in RotS, especially that little speech he gives Obi-Wan, about being sorry for his faults and all. He was well on his way down the right path, but wound up frelling everything regardless.

Anakin
05-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I think it depends on what stage he was at when Yoda kills Palpatine. If you mean during the duel, after Anakin has already pledged his loyalty, I think he'd continue to be evil, and to rule the Empire. If, say, at the beginning of RotS, Palpatine was discovered and killed by Yoda, I think the outcome would have been vastly different. He still trusted the Order, moreover he still trusted Obi-Wan, so at that point I think he would have stayed on the side of the Light.
I agree with this statement.

Chris
05-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Anakin definitely grew a lot from Episode II to Episode III.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-25-2005, 04:28 PM
What if Lucas had gone with the last name he originally had in mind for Luke--"Starkiller"?

Craig
05-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Well if Yoda had won, Anakin would've been left in the Fire to die.
But I think if he somehow managed to survive he'd of stayed evil.

However, if Samuel L Jackson (I forgot his Star Wars name) would've killed Palpatine, Anakin would've gained his trust and repect and would've stayed on the Light side.

-N-
05-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah, replace Yoda with Mace -> no Darth Vader.

Kishi: Quid est un nome?

What if Obi-Wan had killed Anakin in E.III?

fire_of_avalon
05-25-2005, 06:07 PM
I disagree. If Anakin had watched Mace Windu kill Palpatine, who was basically an unarmed prisoner at the time, his faith in the order still would have been irreparably shaken. While he himself did terrible things as a Jedi, do you really think someone that young and emotionally volatile (to say the least) would really have been like "Oh, ok well that guy who was GONNA HELP ME SAVE MY WIFE was a bad guy and he's dead because one of the most revered members of my Order broke all Jedi custom and tradition to MURDER HIM. I wonder if they'll make me a master yet?"

Craig
05-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Actually, you have a point there. But still, without Palpatine around to influence him, and without the guilt of killing Mace, things could've been different.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Kishi: Quid est un nome?<i>Starkiller</i>, man.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Well if Yoda had won, Anakin would've been left in the Fire to die.
yes that is true

What if Obi-Wan had killed Anakin in E.III?
no darth vader.........thus no 4, 5, and 6 episodes

FF Junkie
05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
I disagree. If Anakin had watched Mace Windu kill Palpatine, who was basically an unarmed prisoner at the time, his faith in the order still would have been irreparably shaken. While he himself did terrible things as a Jedi, do you really think someone that young and emotionally volatile (to say the least) would really have been like "Oh, ok well that guy who was GONNA HELP ME SAVE MY WIFE was a bad guy and he's dead because one of the most revered members of my Order broke all Jedi custom and tradition to MURDER HIM. I wonder if they'll make me a master yet?"

Good points,but I still have to disagree that he'd have turned. True, his faith in the order MAY be shaken for a TIME, but he'd have gotten over it later on.... It was HIS turning that lead to Padme's death, not child-birth (they make this clear in the movie that she was perfectly healthy in terms of her physical self..she'd lost her will to live due to having a broken heart and that's why she dies). Thus, if Windu'd killed Palpatine, Anakin MAY have been untrusting of the order, but wouldn't act on anything at that time. He'd have waited at least until the birth of his children...then when he saw his children and wife all survived he'd have realized that Palpatine was just a great manipulator, come to realize that he had done the same thing to Dooku that Windu did to Palpatine, and gotten over it all. It was, after all, Palpatine who even said that Dooku was too dangerous to be left alive. Anakin obviously agreed with that notion of a Sith being dangerous, as he beheads him. Also keep in mind that prior to even going to reveal Palpatine's true nature to Windu, Anakin says he wants very much so to kill Palpatine himself. So that's basically telling you that Anakin's reasoning was still working. The ONLY reason he wanted to spare Palpatine's life was because he thought he needed him to save Palpatine (thus why he says "I need him"). So I really feel that while he might speak out against the action initially, he'd ultimately swallow his pride and see the necessity, accepting others' opinions, as he did several times in Episode 2.

Also, entertain the notion that Anakin's whole bringing up of the Jedi law of not killing an unarmed foe may have simply been in order to try and keep Palpatine alive so he could save Padme later on. By using this argument he could justify his position as being a righteous one, claiming the moral high ground and at the same time avoid having to come out and tell Windu that he needs Palpatine in order to save his wife, an action that would certainly mean his expulsion from the Jedi Order, even if Windu did then spare Palpi and take him in as a prisoner.

Lindy
05-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Some people think about this far too much >_>

fire_of_avalon
05-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't think Anakin would've still gone to the darkside, I think he would've left the Order and just been like yo.

Lindy
05-25-2005, 09:54 PM
It's all the Order's fault! They're holding me back! I'm going to my room to listen to Linkin Park and cut myself with my lightsaber now! ;(

CRAWWWWLLLIIINNGGGG INNNN MYYYY SKIIIIINNNN~

That's what you meant, wasn't it?

Rye
05-25-2005, 10:16 PM
It's all the Order's fault! They're holding me back! I'm going to my room to listen to Linkin Park and cut myself with my lightsaber now! ;(

CRAWWWWLLLIIINNGGGG INNNN MYYYY SKIIIIINNNN~

That's what you meant, wasn't it?

I could seriously see that happening. xD

fire_of_avalon
05-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Something like that.

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 12:30 AM
I don't think Anakin would've still gone to the darkside, I think he would've left the Order and just been like yo.

Yeah, I think he was gonna do that anyway. So with no Palpatine, the war would be over, and he'd take his woman and flutter off to Naboo and live happily ever after. Well, knowing Anakin and Padme, they'd live angstily ever after, but yeah.

Lindy... that was hilarious. xD

-N-
05-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Kishi: Quid est un nome?<i>Starkiller</i>, man.You win this time.

Or do you?

nik0tine
05-26-2005, 06:01 AM
What if Lucas had gone with the last name he originally had in mind for Luke--"Starkiller"? Starwars would have undoubtedly flopped.