PDA

View Full Version : Just a little help please

Lion
05-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Sorry to bother everyone, I've got a few FFVII problems and maybe some of you could help me out: so... the first thing goes like this: the movies are up-side down. Ok, i found a patch somewhere on eidos's website that fixed the problem so it's not really a problem anymore. But here comes the sad part :) When i try to config the game, i can only run it in software mode and on 320x240 resolution. I've got an Intel Celeron 1700 mhz, GeForce FX 5500, 512 DDRAM and plenty of disk space :) If i try to switch to any other resoultion other that 320x240, the game gives me a black screen right at the start of it and it just gives me an executable error (you know, the 'send' and 'don't send' thing :D ). Anyway, i got windows xp sp 2. I know it's pretty buggy, especially when it comes to games, so i searched and came up with an xp patch (1.3). But, even though now i have the option to change it to Direct 3D, the game gives the same black screen when i start it and then just kicks me out with that executable error. Now it's not that i wouldn't play the game in 320x240 resolution, it's just that i can only see a quarter of the screen when movies are playing, so it's pretty odd. Somebody please help me, it's all a bit too weird for me :) Especially the thing that the game actualy starts in 320x240 resolution and in none of the 640x480 modes. I don't know, maybe it's something about my video card, but i've got the latest drivers so there can't be a problem there. Don't know, so, if anyone had theese problems before, please post your sollution :)

Lion
05-25-2005, 04:34 PM
sorry for the double post, if any of the eoff staff would be kind enough to delete theese topic please. my apollogies again