PDA

View Full Version : good ppl to play for cards

Francis Begbie
05-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how I can get my grubby mits on some decent cards? I've only at the part were you first meet Riona, but I always loose my cards. I've already lost Irfit and Diablos.

So is there any good people I should go up against? Or any other means of getting some?

redxiiii
05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Can`t really think of anyone good to play at that point in the game, but then at that point in the game I suppose you should be collecting as many different cards as possible.....oh yeah! if you go to dollet you can go into the pub and if you beat the man you will be awarded loads of cards, I think you should reset to before you lost diablos and ifrit though because those are some brilliant cards.

boys from the dwarf
05-25-2005, 07:38 PM
4 words queen :eek: of :joker: cards :tongue: quest :hat: .or just go up against the CC card group and rinoas dad zells mum and laguna E.C.T. :cool:

Francis Begbie
05-25-2005, 08:36 PM
4 words queen :eek: of :joker: cards :tongue: quest :hat: .or just go up against the CC card group and rinoas dad zells mum and laguna E.C.T. :cool:

Yes, but there cards just blow me away.

I need good ones so that I can challenge these people, the ones I've got are poor to say the least.

rubah
05-25-2005, 08:56 PM
If you've just got rinoa, hang on until you get Sacred and Brothers' cards. then if you're lucky you can try to take on Cid for Seifer's card, and then you'll have it more or less made for teh first disc or two.

TheSpoonyBard
05-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Watts has the Angelo card and the rest of his deck is pretty average, so you should at least be able to beat him. There is also the opportunity to acquire the Quistis and MiniMog cards in Balamb Garden.

If you need to expand your deck and you cannot yet beat opponents, have Quezacotl learn Card. This ability enables you to transform enemies into cards once you have beaten them down to low health. Some common enemies will transform into rare cards, but this will happen very infrequently.

Kamrusepas
05-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Learn to play better :)
And as a hint, when you get to the orphanage, Cid and Edea have some great cards :D

Ravenmorghane
05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
the cook in balamb gardens' canteen has the quistis card, and an old friend of selphie's has her card in the trabia garden when you visit it. apart from that the only advice I can give you is to learn the tactics really well. I suggest only collecting good cards and using the card mod ability to convert rubbish cards into useful items in case you come up against the 'random' rule anywhere.

The Anarchy Angel
05-26-2005, 07:48 PM
To get the Rinoa card you need your ifrit card and fast! Remember who took your Diablos card too? It may be a good idea finding a save point and challenging these two until you snatch your cards back! To get the Rinoa crad you have to loose the Ifrit to him in a card match: so if you want that card, definitely destroy the ones who took your cards!
Back to the subject, there's a man wandering around near the gateway in Deiling, on disk 3 he has the Ultima or Omega weapon card (which it is i can't remember) and he also has the majority of the upper level cards, so if you can wait for a bit then that'll be your prime time to get you some new cards.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Every time I play this game now, I collect ALL of the cards.

TheSpoonyBard
05-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Martine, the G-Garden Headmaster has some good cards when you play him on the FH sundish.

Francis Begbie
05-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks alot everyone, I've not really progressed very far in the game yet. But I just got 2 decent cards from the drunk whos in the bar before you enter the Tv station on disk one. I tried the guy for the Angeol card, but he never used it so I got impatient and just left him be. Will I be able to get this card gain? It's been about 2 years since I've played VIII But I remember the angelo refined into 100 holy wars I think. Which was very useful.

I'm going to put the cards on hold Untill I get the Brothers cards, Then I will challenge to get my Irfit and Diablos back with them In my possesion.

On a side note, Why do you think they have never attempted to impliment this version of the card game Into other FF games, It really adds Incentive to the game. Especially the good cards which you can refine for good items.