PDA

View Full Version : chrono trigger?

Sephiroth_666
05-25-2005, 07:00 PM
played chrono cross. Loved. Can anyone tell me what chrono trigger was about?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Time-traveling teenagers take on the tendrils of a terrible extraterrestrial trespasser.

Master.Pug
05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
played chrono cross. Loved. Can anyone tell me what chrono trigger was about?

get it --> play it --> love it --> take it with you wherever you go --> go talk about it with anyone --> buy the SNES / PSX-Version to have both versions --> be happyhappyhappy and take it with you even when you pass away (to the other side)

Khimbar
05-26-2005, 06:06 PM
ohhh, nice alliteration Kawaii Ryűkishi, i like it...

Vortigar
05-28-2005, 07:27 AM
If you liked Chrono Cross, you'll love Chrono Trigger. It's pretty simplistic in concept; you travel through time to save your world from being destroyed.However, there's a lot more to it than that. Also, I would recommend trying out Radical Dreamers after you beat Chrono Trigger (I suppose i should say IF you end up beating it) as it helps tie together the events in Trigger and Cross.

Sarah Shirato
05-28-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm Modeled after Charater..I give a good inside of this game..what's all bout: Crono & Gang (Count my brother in!) go to the future to discover that this creature named Lavos distroys the future..so, crono & party (my brother is included..)go back and forward in time to stop him!!

The Unknown Guru
06-03-2005, 11:26 PM
I think Chrono trigger is just about the best game ever. It is about a bunch of people who save the future by traveling through time. It has just about the best story i have ever seen in any game, and the combat system is great. GET IT AND PLAY IT NOW! Once you have played it, play it again. Also, you can use new game + to create a new game with the stats from your old game.

Hroth
06-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Yeah, it is one of the best Square games ever. Get it now!

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-04-2005, 05:06 AM
I totally agree. One of Square's best. On par with FFVII, in my opinion.

I couldn't get into Chrono Cross until after I beat Chrono Trigger, so CT is better than a game you liked, in that regard. It will be easier to get sucked into the story and like most of the characters.

I'm also playing Radical Dreamers. It's ok. You have to like reading. It's a shame that RD wasn't released here. I was blown away when I learned a Super NES could get on the Internet.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Seriosly download it, you can find it easy and free on the internet. Its better than CC in my opinion, and many others.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-05-2005, 05:26 AM
Warning: downloading Super NES roms and recklessly googling for them will put you at a high risk of contracting spyware. Unless you get the PSX version, BE VERY CAREFUL. I should know.

At ROMNation, there are a couple BS (stands for Broadcast Sattelite, which let you go online with your Super Famicom; it doesn't stand for what you thought it did) titles which are kind of like CT extras, but Radical Dreamers is the only one worth spending extra time with, if you go to the wikipedia article and have it send you to the translation patch. If you want to change names, they also have a script hacker.

The extras on CT are worth getting the PSX version. If you have a PS2, the loading times are negligable.

I thought CT was better, but I just finished the Dead Sea part as Lynx. The story is just getting so amazing. It's too bad that most of the story up to that point was slower than a NES game, which is shameful for a PSX game. That's where they start alluding to CT. Those children you saw in that scene look like characters in CT. That's basically what CT is about: the adventures that Miguel tells Serge about, until he starts talking about the Dead Sea.

Anyways, I'd definitely recommend CT. It's so good that you shouldn't take too long to get used to the 10 year old graphics. The only sad thing is if you just played CC, then you'll be fighting Lavos several times in a New Game + before you know it.

EDIT: btw, here's that link to the patches for RD.

http://radicaldreamers.sourceforge.net/