PDA

View Full Version : LIVERPOOL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!

Pauten
05-25-2005, 10:39 PM
What a 2nd half! Steven Gerrard is awesome again!!

Those penalties were painful to watch!

Leene
05-25-2005, 10:48 PM
:save: Yea i am seeing it right now because my brother is seeing it. :save:

NM
05-25-2005, 10:50 PM
COME ON!!!

The mighty Reds are once again the Kings of Europe.

Shoden
05-25-2005, 10:57 PM
strange or what they win the champions league but lose the fa cup and end up in the premiership cool who would of thought a brit team dominating europe

Resha
05-25-2005, 11:17 PM
SHOCK AND HORROR. AND NO GLOATING PLZ.

Psychotic
05-25-2005, 11:38 PM
VICTORY!

All my life I've waited for this. HELL YES!

Doc Sark
05-25-2005, 11:40 PM

Get out of it. We have the right to gloat!!!!!!

GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are the Champions my friends!!!!!!!

They said we couldn't do it, but we have! What a comeback! Has to be one of the most amazing fightbacks in footballing history, an absolute stormer of a second half. They'll look back on this game and wonder how the f*** a team of players that included Vladmir Smicer and Djimi Traore lifted the UEFA Champions League Trophy.

Footballs coming home kids, we get to keep the trophy now, and by god we deserve it. If I ever recover mentally from this game, I'll let you know.

"Satyricon"
05-26-2005, 12:17 AM
congratulations all liverpool fans:):) you'll never walk alone!!!!!!!!

eestlinc
05-26-2005, 12:25 AM
I guess this means we have to put the forum jump at the top.

tomamar04
05-26-2005, 06:30 AM
On the night Liverpool deserved it. Milan had more chances, but failed to take them.

I just wish I put a £20 bet on them winning at the beginning of the tournament.

Kirobaito
05-26-2005, 06:35 AM
If this is supposed to be the best soccer the world can create for us deprived US fans, the football world is in bad shape. 50 minutes of boredom after Liverpool tied it.

Resha
05-26-2005, 06:50 AM

Get out of it. We have the right to gloat!!!!!!

GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are the Champions my friends!!!!!!!

They said we couldn't do it, but we have! What a comeback! Has to be one of the most amazing fightbacks in footballing history, an absolute stormer of a second half. They'll look back on this game and wonder how the f*** a team of players that included Vladmir Smicer and Djimi Traore lifted the UEFA Champions League Trophy.

Footballs coming home kids, we get to keep the trophy now, and by god we deserve it. If I ever recover mentally from this game, I'll let you know.

:D Alright! Gloat! BE HAPPIE~ I guess you guys do deserve it. After waiting so long...:) And I'd much rather Liverpool win it than any other EPL team except Arsenal, and DEFINITELY over Chelsea!

CONGRATULATIONS~! ^________^

Doc Sark
05-26-2005, 08:29 AM
If this is supposed to be the best soccer the world can create for us deprived US fans, the football world is in bad shape. 50 minutes of boredom after Liverpool tied it.

You have absolutely no idea do you? I don't think you can begin to comprehend what this game meant to Liverpool fans. You can't conceive the passion and the glory that we feel after our team pulled off one of the greatest comeback in footballing history. I'd sooner watch this game, every day for the rest of my life, then ever have sit through the total debauchery of a sport that is American Football. Hours and hours and hours of boredom. No one said it was the best football in the world, no one said it was mind-altering stuff, but for 120 minutes Liverpool worked harder than I've ever seen them work before. This isn't about pleasing American's, with respect, whether a bunch of guys across the atlantic that don't really understand or appreciate the magnitude of the occasion, is entirely irrelevant, this is about pleasing Liverpool fans and bringing them something they've dreamed about for the past 21 years.

Sporting events don't come much bigger than this. And neither do performances.

NM
05-26-2005, 10:22 AM

What do you want, a goal every minute!!

Americans will never understand Football. We Liverpool fans have been waiting along time for something like what happened last night in Turky, but what Doc said sums it up perfectly.

Dianom
05-26-2005, 10:57 AM
WOOHOOOOOOO, I wotched the entire match and was ready to give up after the first half, but wotever Benetez said to them at half time, holy crap it did the trick.

3 goals in 15 minutes, and Smitzers goal, magnificent, we definitely deserved it.

Thats the 5th time they got the championship, which means the cup will stay at thier grounds 4ever, bak where it belongs.

WOOOOOOOOOOOW, CHAMPIONEZ,CHAMPIONEZ,CHAMPIONEZ,CHAMPIONEZ,CHAMPIONEZ,CHAMPIONEZ,CHAMPIONEZ,CHAMPIONEZ.

And those penalties, i was almost holding my breath the entire time, go on Dudek
wooooooooow

Project G
05-26-2005, 11:10 AM
The match was excellent, I don't really like football, but that comeback was unreal

Master.Pug
05-26-2005, 11:42 AM
da'h, how boring!!

2006/2007, the FSV Mainz 05 (Germany) will be the new champion [lets say 7:1 vs. Real^^]!

FSV rules :D

Rye
05-26-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm American, so I obviously couldn't watch it, but good job to Liverpool. What a comeback~ :)

Cuchulainn
05-26-2005, 12:12 PM
KB...for a man who likes American Football and baseball, tw games that can guarantee me falling asleep faster tha cricket, to call this boring is very rich. Basketball isn't much better.
For Liverpool to pull this off was simply..amazing. As much as I want to hate, one can only applaud. A comeback like this in Europe hasn't been seen since, well Man U in 1999. Luck was involved but luck always is, it was for us in 1999. Milan in the second half were already mentally lifting the cup and forgot there was another 45 minutes. Their complacency and arrogance let them down & yet again mainland European teams underestimate British football's 'Balls'. This win was down to Liverpool having bigger balls than Milan, nothing more. But fair play you scouse gits. You won the biggest prize in European club football, but next season...IT'S OURS :(

Dianom
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
KB...for a man who likes American Football and baseball, tw games that can guarantee me falling asleep faster tha cricket, to call this boring is very rich. Basketball isn't much better.
For Liverpool to pull this off was simply..amazing. As much as I want to hate, one can only applaud. A comeback like this in Europe hasn't been seen since, well Man U in 1999. Luck was involved but luck always is, it was for us in 1999. Milan in the second half were already mentally lifting the cup and forgot there was another 45 minutes. Their complacency and arrogance let them down & yet again mainland European teams underestimate British football's 'Balls'. This win was down to Liverpool having bigger balls than Milan, nothing more. But fair play you scouse gits. You won the biggest prize in European club football, but next season...IT'S OURS :(

Sorry mate but no chance, in the next 3 weeks the officials will allow liverpool to defend it next year, and they will raise it above their heads for a 6th time.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-26-2005, 12:50 PM
when i liked football, Liverpool were my favorite team, and last night i was sitting on the edge of my seat watching the penalties, i even celebrated afterwards, i still love liverpool, i am so glad that i could see them win :choc:

gokufusionss1
05-26-2005, 01:45 PM
YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

Shoden
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
congratulations Liverpool! finally someones brung down the itallian titans

i like Liverpool but not as much as Newcastle because all ,my life ive stuck with em but does that mean im not allowed to support another team?

the British footballers will reign supreme well done Steven Gerrard hope all you Liverpool fans are grateful they didnt fight so hard for nothing!

its a shame not all tournaments turn out like this how lucky Liverpool are

they are truly amazing even though they came 5th personally i think Uefa wont allow Liverpool into the champions league they are meanies! they dont give a damn about racism

italians have foul mouths Inter Milan V Newcastle anyone? the Arsenal v (some spanish team i forgot the name of) anyone? they are twats man fish for brained idiots who cant see clearly im glad Liverpool didnt go down like Newcastle did against Lisbon im still upset about that

i dont like chelsea man u nor arsenal but i think Liverpool and other teams are on the way to surpassing man u and chelsea

even though i hate man u the most no offence supporters
AC Milan underestimated liverpool and slept the 2nd half allowing liverpool to do one of the greatest combacks ever

Kirobaito
05-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Oh, I'm certainly not saying that it didn't mean something to Liverpool fans. The closest thing I've ever experienced to an event is the Rangers making the playoffs in '96 after failing to make it the first 24 years of the franchise, and my excitement at that moment I'm sure was absolutely nothing compared to the experiences of Liverpool fans. I'm quite aware of what a big deal it is to the fans of the team that wins. But, as someone who doesn't watch soccer every weekend, but still watches the World Cup like a disciple and the occassional FC Dallas game, I still just don't get the excitement in watching no less than 50 minutes of scoreless soccer, even after those admittedly exciting 15 minutes at the beginning of the second half.

Shoden
05-26-2005, 05:54 PM
you call yourself a football fan? its about performance and how the game goes not scoring every 4 seconds you want to see that? try matching Barcelona vs Nottingham forest for that even though sunderland lost to hudersfield once championship vs league 2
back then

it was tense i admit i had my doubts about liverpool but they were fantastic and who are these dallas

England is going to batter america this weekend or is it next? dont you think so peeps!?

Doc Sark
05-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Shoden, when you talk about football it makes me cringe. I don't think that KB ever called himself a football fan for a start.

My problem with you KB is that I don't understand the passion in American Football, but I don't feel the need to post my disdain for the sport in American Football threads. It bugs me that every football (soccer) thread that gets posted by one of the British members, and we are a prominent gorup, gets hijacked by American Football fans slagging off the game. I'm sure the same thing happens the other way, but be big enough to ignore it.

The fact is, to football fans, the game last night will go down as one of the greatest ever European matches of all time. Six goals to us, is like a really high scoring American football game. Something you don't see too often, and know it's a truly special thing when you do. I mean if you're someone that only watches football regularly on a four yearly basis, ie the world cup, then really your opinion becomes mostly irrelevant as you don't keep up with the ever changing European Football scene. I watch the Superbowl every year, but know little or nothing about the sport in America, and frankly don't care enough to post about it. So I don't.

-N-
05-26-2005, 08:22 PM
This was certainly great to hear. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I was unable to watch the match, but I was definitely following Liverpool's remarkable run through the playoffs and was astounded to hear of their victory, especially after coming from so far behind in the second half. 3-0 is quite a hole to be stuck in, especially in soccer. Congratulations Liverpool. :)

Although being from America, I will have to say we will kick England's ass this weekend, just to start fanning the flames. :p

Shoden
05-26-2005, 08:35 PM
oh common am i not allowed to speak football?

;-; no fair

Football was invented here in the 15th century (even though its bull i still say they were drunks! really) its the national sport of europe America is odd with it and names it soccer for no apparent reason

think England can beat America?

meh im still young i support a football team i dont have the best knowledge of past achievements i only found out who jackie milburn was in march when i went to st james's park to see England V Azerbaijan i saw the name

im not the smartest about football though but i think i can still talk about football evem though people dont know what im on about half the time and they struggle to understand me whoch can be hard sadly

Psychotic
05-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I think the USA will hammer England, you can quote me on that after the match if you like. We'll be playing 3rd rate players, but eh, I doubt even our first rate ones would win as it's just after the season has ended and everyone will be tired.

Anyway, I find baseball as exciting as Kirobaito finds football and I find football as exciting as he finds baseball. That's just one of those things.

EDIT: Oh, and Heath showed me this. :laugh:

Cuchulainn
05-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Shoden, when you talk about football it makes me cringe.

You've no idea how much i hear you on that...

Shoden
05-26-2005, 10:07 PM
thats funny

sheez am i banned from online football debation?

gokufusionss1
05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
yep , your not allowed unless you know all the teams for every club from 1954
i hate stats whore fans.

Shoden
05-27-2005, 12:12 AM
who da wat wat da wat wat da wat?

people really cant understand me somehow Xp

Cuchulainn
05-27-2005, 01:14 AM
i hate stats whore fans.

What in God's name are you talking about?

gokufusionss1
05-27-2005, 02:12 AM
i don't know, but your reply is making me cringe.

Dianom
05-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Rite shouldn't we be talking about liverpools great achievement here.
WOOOOOOOOOO

And no offence to any Americans on this site, but if the England team went up against the American team ( I mean soccer, if ur american, but footie if ur from anywhere else) England would win, no problem, when was the last time America was in the world cup?

NM
05-27-2005, 12:08 PM
when was the last time America was in the world cup?

The USA have been involved in every World Cup since Italy 1990.

Dianom
05-27-2005, 12:21 PM
when was the last time America was in the world cup?

The USA have been involved in every World Cup since Italy 1990.

How cum they've never came to the quater finals then

Doc Sark
05-27-2005, 12:37 PM
They got to the quarter finals in 2002 only to be beaten by a very lucky Germany team.

Did anyone see the parade through Liverpool with the trophy yesterday. I thought Dudek was going to please the United fans some more by dropping the trophy over the side of the bus!!!

i hate stats whore fans.

Anyway, what's wrong with knowing a few stats? I hate fans that try and blag that they are actually football fans when they know sod all about the game. Shoden, I actually think you know a fair bit about the game, but sometimes the things you say...talk about controversial, train of thought comments...especially in your violent dislike for Souness and Man Utd.

Dianom
05-27-2005, 12:42 PM
They got to the quarter finals in 2002 only to be beaten by a very lucky Germany team.

Did anyone see the parade through Liverpool with the trophy yesterday. I thought Dudek was going to please the United fans some more by dropping the trophy over the side of the bus!!!

Thats not like Germany to be lucky, they normally are a good site, well apart from the 5-1 (i think it was) against England.

Doc Sark
05-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Thats not like Germany to be lucky, they normally are a good site, well apart from the 5-1 (i think it was) against England.

Well they were. They won 1-0. Franz Beckenbauer said one of the funniest quotes I have ever heard after the game.

"You could put all the German players in a sack and hit it with a stick. It wouldn't matter which one you hurt because this performance would be their fault."

Or something like that.

Dianom
05-27-2005, 02:04 PM

Well they were. They won 1-0. Franz Beckenbauer said one of the funniest quotes I have ever heard after the game.

"You could put all the German players in a sack and hit it with a stick. It wouldn't matter which one you hurt because this performance would be their fault."

Or something like that.

Ha never heard that before, but Germany still are a good team

Shoden
05-27-2005, 03:09 PM
hey whats wrong with my destructive nature well souness deserves hate and majority of my family hate Man U

the mackems are on a spending spree man they are desperate to stay in the league but thats how they went into debt last time wait are they even out of it?

you thought Dudek was going to do a michael jackson with the trophy dangle it! you gotta admit that picture is funny

Liverpool played well but its strange they won the most important tournament in europe but got knocked out in the others they finished 5th in the premiership and UEFA is going to need a good wellying of encouraging to give liverpool the go ahead

Cuchulainn
05-27-2005, 05:25 PM
How cum they've never came to the quater finals then

Eh...2002 Vs Germany ring any bells?

tomamar04
05-27-2005, 08:27 PM
I remember that game, USA deserved to win.

Psychotic
05-27-2005, 11:07 PM
The USA team will beat England in the upcoming game. Just so that I can say it twice. :)

Anyway, estimates for turnout at the parade began at 200,000 and by the end the media was reporting it as over 1,000,000. Officially, the city of Liverpool has a population LOWER than that, so haha, I somewhat doubt one million were there.

I like how the "underdogs" of football are now beginning to do really well. Like Greece winning Euro 2004, who'd have thought it? And I don't think many had Turkey and South Korea down as semi-finalists in World Cup 2002. Liverpool were not expected to win, or even make it past the group stage according to some. Football, it's a funny old game.

Shoden
05-28-2005, 12:01 AM
erm most of the players wouldnt be tired at all its been a week since several teams finished the season

plus England are favs to win my cousin went into the brookies

Psychotic
05-28-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't think a week is a long enough rest from a 9 month season, but maybe that's just me. Also, don't forget that some of our best players won't be going, for example the Real Madrid duo.

And were Greece the bookies' favourites for Euro 2004? Were Liverpool the bookies' favourites for the Champion's League? It's a friendly. If it was a match in the next World Cup, for example, I'd definitely put England down as winners, but it's a friendly on away soil with a lot of our best players absent...

Shoden
05-28-2005, 12:39 AM
but becks and owen arent the only tops

3 days is all it takes to rest and the extra days to strengthen up

we'll have to see who wins

tomamar04
05-28-2005, 07:57 AM
The England starting line up has been revealed:

GK - David James
RB - Glen Johnsen
CB - Wes Brown
CB - Sol Campbell
LB - Ashley Cole
RM - Kieran Richardson
CM - Jermain Jenas
CM - Michael Carrick
LM - Joe Cole
ST - Andy Johnsen
ST - Peter Crouch

Shoden
05-29-2005, 05:49 PM
England 2 USA 1

gokufusionss1
05-29-2005, 08:11 PM
they were awful as well, the yanks seemed to consider marking some form of cheating they refused to do it point blank.

tomamar04
05-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Hopefully England will put in a better performance against Colombia on Tuesday.

Does anyone else think Carrick and Richardson should be in the World Cup squad next year?

NM
05-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Does anyone else think Carrick and Richardson should be in the World Cup squad next year?

No.

Carrick has a slim chance. Richardson has no chance imo. He may have scored 2 goals but other than that he wasn't that good. His first touch was terrible and his passing wasn't much to write home about either.

And does anyone else think Wes Brown is the worst central defender to pull on an England shirt in the last 10 years? Or is it just me?

Shoden
05-29-2005, 11:01 PM
they need pros Jenas Dyer Beckham Owen and Rooney

Psychotic
05-29-2005, 11:14 PM
Looks like I was wrong :laugh:

Shoden
05-29-2005, 11:20 PM
i do better than that Wes Brown in defence im always playing that position and im not as bad as him lol

Jakkko
05-30-2005, 10:11 AM
I dont remember Peter crouch (GIANT) starting?!?!?!?!
O and Back to liverpool,
WHAT A GAME, i actually thought theyd lost wen Maldini scored in 50 seconds! lol
but Gerrards Goal !!! WOW, lol, And Shevchenko the 70 million pound "best" attacker in the world hitting the ball from the penna straight at dudek, well he did do Bruce gobblars wobbli legs dint he lol, i mean i was laghing my head off at it!

Cuchulainn
05-30-2005, 11:32 AM
O and Back to liverpool,
WHAT A GAME, i actually thought theyd lost wen Maldini scored in 50 seconds! lol
but Gerrards Goal !!! WOW, lol, And Shevchenko the 70 million pound "best" attacker in the world hitting the ball from the penna straight at dudek, well he did do Bruce gobblars wobbli legs dint he lol, i mean i was laghing my head off at it!

Crouch was due to start but gotn injured in training shortly before kick off as far as I know.
Shevchenko is still arguably the best striker in the world, that miss doesn't alter that being fact.

Dianom
05-30-2005, 12:26 PM
O and Back to liverpool,

I prefered smicers goal myself, very good, did anyone see Baros I think it was kinda dodging that ball.

And dudeks leg thing was hilarious, he said benitez told him to do it to syke the players out

Doc Sark
05-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Actually Carragher told him to do it. They had a fairly lenghty conversation about it after extra time. It's good to see that postmodernism has found its way into football too.... :rolleyes2

Ste
06-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Wow, what a game. Being a liverpool fan since before i can remember i was living and breathing every moment of the game in istanbul. I dont think there are words to decribe the emotional rollercoaster that i was taken through that night, but i loved every minute of it. okay, when crespo scored the first i dont think many of us beleived we could actually come back and win, but as i pointed out to one of my friends "remember basle, its been done once, it can be done again" for those of you that dont know, liverpool where 3-0 down to basle and came back to draw 3-3.

would have been out there, but it was just way to expensive.

back to the game, when dudek made that double save i knew deep down that we had won, but i didnt want to jinx it by saying "we've got this in the bag now" or somethign to that effect. and yeah, jamie was getting jerzy very fired up for the shootout, and told him to remember what grobbelar had done, and dudeks was just as effective, if not more. never fancied shevy to score his pen to be honest.

Doc Sark
06-19-2005, 10:48 AM
There is now a tribute dance routine to Dudek.

Look out for Du the Dudek.....coming to dancefloor near you!

I remember Basle, I remember us coming back from 3-0 down and still going out of the Champions League. At least this comeback reaped the reward it so thoroughly deserved.

gokufusionss1
06-19-2005, 11:00 AM
i don't think 1st round is a reward, i think it's a punch in the belly.

Ste
06-19-2005, 11:03 AM
lol there is indeed, and a tribute song lol.

and yeah, we still went out after that great comeback, but as you said, we got what we deserved this time around.

who you reckon is comin in this summer then. Hopefully, reina, kuyt, milito and a right winger needs to be a priority as well. We also need a couple of squad players, maybe youngsters. if we are going to be playing these early games, the christmas period of games could really take it out of us, especially after the world club cup in japan, if we go that is.

Doc Sark
06-20-2005, 09:00 AM
i don't think 1st round is a reward, i think it's a punch in the belly.

I was talking about winning the trophy and the £20 million reward. Someone thinks the cup is half empty I think.

Ste, as long as we don't spend £7 million on that donkey Crouch, I trust Rafa entirely in the transfer market. I've not seen much of Kuyt to be honest, but we are in need of a strong centre forward so either him or Andy Johnson. I think Robbie Keane would be a good alternative.

Reina looks a done deal. So that's good. And Milito is solid so hopefully he'll join to but there is as you say a desperate need for a right winger. I'd love to say SWP, but I can't see us shelling out 16 million for him. We missed out on Routledge who would have been good so it looks as though we'll have to go abroad. Schweinsteiger would be nice in a fantasy world, but I imagine Rafa will plug the gap with someone from the Spanish league. Don't know who.

gokufusionss1
06-20-2005, 11:31 AM
people keep bad mouthing crouch but he is a good player he may not be tip top, but clubs win trophys as teams not individual superstars ala real madrid, and i have seen nothing of kyut.

NM
06-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Crouch isn't a bad player, no. But he isn't good enough to play for Liverpool imo. If you want to win the league you need the best players you can get, and £7m is far to much to spend on a player like Crouch. I don't think he's even worth £5m.

If Liverpool do buy a striker, i'd bet it's someone from Spain. Fernando Torres, would be a nice, but it'd probably cost us our entire summer transfer budget, to buy him from Atletico Madrid. :p

Dianom
06-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Did anyone read that michael owen wants to transfer to united.

I know this is off topic, but I find it interesting

Doc Sark
06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
No he doesn't. It's tabloid speculation. Owen would never join United.

Crouch isn't a bad player, no. But he isn't good enough to play for Liverpool imo. If you want to win the league you need the best players you can get, and £7m is far to much to spend on a player like Crouch. I don't think he's even worth £5m.

Couldn't agree more. He has had one good season in his entire career and the media have hyped him as some kind of superfreak. For a man of his height, he is useless in the air and while he has a good first touch and an eye for goal he's never worth the kind of money being touted in a thousand years.

We do need the best we can get right, and Crouch isn't the best we can get by a long way. We're the European Champions for christs sake.

Ste
06-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah, 7 million for an average striker from a championship side is taking extortionate to the upper limits. 10 million for andy johnson is also taking the michael in my opinion. dont rate him that high. everyone forgets he is the main man in a team that normally plays 1 up front, course hes gonna get 10 goals from open play in a season.

kuyt would be a great buy, maybe getting rid of dudek in the deal. hopefully get shot of baros. Quit while we still have the good memories. Jerzy will leave a legend, instead of what he was before, a blundering, but occasionally great goalie.

routledge would have been awesome but yeh i trust rafa to snap someone up. Mark Gonzalez was supposed to be coming (20 year old right winger who is unbeleivably quick) but did his cruiciate knee ligs in so that looks unlikely now.

i damn well hope michael doesnt go to manure, i dont think he would. he better not.

Doc Sark
06-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Apparently Baros now wants to stay...god help us all. He couldn't hit a barn door if his nose was touching it.

tomamar04
06-21-2005, 10:50 AM
You guys don't appreciate the talents of Baros!!!

NM
06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
You guys don't appreciate the talents of Baros!!!

Baros is a good player. Trouble is he isn't consistent enough, except when he plays for the Czech Republic. He did play well the first part of last season, but after Christmas he scored about 3 goals in all competitions. He may of been injured for a month or so, but when he was playing he missed some real sitters.

I think he's a decent player, but theres no way he's going to sign a new contract so imo, it's best to sell him now rather then let him walk for nothing next summer. Plus I think Cisse and Morientes will be the first choice strikers next season. So unless there's another serious injury crisis, like last season, I don't think Baros will be playing that much.

Doc Sark
06-21-2005, 03:17 PM
I hope not. There's only so many times my tolerance levels will allow me to sit through one of his howlers without developing tourettes.

gokufusionss1
06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
13 goals before he got injured.

Doc Sark
06-21-2005, 06:03 PM
And then only 3 in over 20 appearances afterwards. He's not good enough, simple as. Owen could hit 20 a season even with injuries. He's had his chance to be Liverpool's first choice striker and he failed to prove himself. Time to move on.

gokufusionss1
06-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Bad form doesn't make him useless, his pre christmas form clearly shows his talent. Give him time and he may rediscover his ability to score.

Owen is special.

Doc Sark
06-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Of course bad form makes him useless. What good is a player who has bad form. It's not like his form before xmas was incredible. He scored 9 goals in 26 league games last season, two of them were penalties. He struggles against good teams, if you look at who he actually scored against, barring Monaco and Leverkusen (his last goal for Liverpool this season), the best team he scored against was Man City. The more I look at his performances from last season, the more of a case I find against him.

Sell him while people still are under the Houllier inspired illusion that he's any good, and get our transfer money back. He cost £3.6 million, I'd be happy if he went for that or more.

Shoden
06-21-2005, 06:40 PM
i just Hope Owen doesn't go to Manchester United he could ruin himself just because t5he club is good doesn't mean the player is treated good sheez look at what madrid did to him he needs to go to a team who will have him on the first team most of the time treat him great and have a player with a legendery status to play with though i cannot think of any teams and i cannot see him go to Newcastle, he'll probably go to bloody Chelsea

Owen is a good player he hasnt got good talent because he hasnt had chance to push himself he just gives in when its too hard hes a really good player but he is like a flat ball if he doesnt get some air hell be useless

Ste
06-21-2005, 08:30 PM
The thing with Milan is that he has no thoughts what so ever. He'll pick the ball up and run with it, maybe pass it off but probably shoot or get tackled. This can be a good thing, but its not what we need. When he played off Koller in Euro 2004 he was brilliant, but he just cant do it for us. Occassionally he is great, but he just cant do it consistently overa season. His runs arent particularly intelligent either and when he isnt on form his finishing is damn near awful (remember the derby, 3 missed one on ones then gets himself sent off)

If we get an offer of upwards of 5 or 6 mill then he is on his bike. expecially since rafa will be wanting to oust a few players to get some more money in the transfer kitty. baros going will undoubtedly be the best thing for the club.

on the owen thing, he needs to be the number one striker, he wont be at man u, nistelrooy and rooney, so he will be playing only a slightly more important role than he does at real.

Doc Sark
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
For my money he is better than Van Nistelrooy, especially this season. But you're right, out of the frying pan and into the fire doesn't seem particularly intelligent and Owen isn't stupid. But where does he go? Personally, I think he'll stay and fight for his place.

The thing with Milan is that he has no thoughts what so ever. He'll pick the ball up and run with it, maybe pass it off but probably shoot or get tackled.

That just about sums Baros up for me. Good post.