PDA

View Full Version : Namco X Capcom

Lionx
05-26-2005, 03:31 AM
Two new trailers on gametrailers.com, and well all i have to say is...does anyone else want this game more? Its released already in japan if the trailers indicate right, does anyone know when a stateside(and hopefully japanese dubbed) release is going to come? Know where i can find music of it too? O_o

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1561

YukiKiro
05-26-2005, 03:46 AM
if this is what i think it looks like, a flawless cross between a 2d fighter and a tactical rpg, then i think i just fell in love. besides, it has Jin in it, how can you not like Jin?

Black Mage
05-26-2005, 03:55 AM
The game looks amazing.

I've been following it since it was announced, and I can't wait.

If the game is dubbed, I hope they make the effort to get the voice actors they had previously gotten for each character's respective game. Of course, I also hope they have an option for subbed japanese, too.

All in all, I can't wait.

Erdrick Holmes
05-26-2005, 04:14 AM
MUST... RESIST... ERGE... TO... MASTURBATE.....

Lionx
05-26-2005, 04:27 AM
*tempts Joel*

You can be Ken in the game :D

Erdrick Holmes
05-26-2005, 04:42 AM
My... lovely... chun-li is in this game..... *goes away for a little bit*

Yoko-sama
05-26-2005, 04:33 PM
I hope Lee Yun is in it..Or atleast Balrog(Vega)...I really wanna play it though.Oh I also hope Nightmare is in it^^;;;

Erdrick Holmes
05-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Bison, the greatest video game villain ever concived will be in it.

I just seen the begining intro to it and already I felt like dancing. This will be the last good game coming out on the PS2. I hope the US gets it soon.

Somebody help me find a US release date.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-26-2005, 04:53 PM
There isn't one because the game will probably never come out here.

Lionx
05-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Then we must rally and flood monolith's mailbox

Erdrick Holmes
05-26-2005, 05:10 PM
We should, this game HAS to come out in the US. If it doesn't I will proceed to take my own life.

Dreddz
05-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Im not so into the game anymore, but I still would get it *if* it comes to UK

Erdrick Holmes
05-26-2005, 06:03 PM

Actually, it was showcased at E3. So it should get a US release, why bother showing of a game at E3 if you're not even going to release it.

Craig
05-26-2005, 06:39 PM

Actually, it was showcased at E3. So it should get a US release, why bother showing of a game at E3 if you're not even going to release it.

To make people move to Japan?

XxSephirothxX
05-26-2005, 09:26 PM
It does look pretty fun, and the art style is really cool. I'd definitely play it if it came out in the US, but it does seem like a very "Japanese" game. Then again, games like Katamari Damacy and Animal Crossing came out over here and were fairly successful.

Lionx
05-26-2005, 10:22 PM
People tend to forget theres an interest for those games here as well O_o Its THOSE games i want usually..alot of other games people say are good like Halo or Half-Life are games i cant really care too much about and i rather have those..

black orb
05-27-2005, 04:27 AM
>>> Whoa! they have the Dig Dug guy in there .. :eek:
I want to see Pacman too!

Erdrick Holmes
05-27-2005, 04:48 AM
I'm gonna try and get a boot disc for my PS2, a friend of mine is helping me get my hands on an import copy. I don't care if it's pirated, if Monolith is taking so long to make this game for US fans then so be it.

Erdrick Holmes
05-31-2005, 03:35 AM
I recieved news that it'll have a state side release in Q4 of 2005 or Q1 2006. Friend told me, so I don't know if that's a 100 percent fact or not.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Again, sources.

Erdrick Holmes
05-31-2005, 03:58 AM
http://forum.vgcats.com/showthread.php?t=692&page=2&pp=10

Top post, like I said. I don't know if it's 100 percent, but I'm putting my faith in this.

Blitzball Hooligan
06-01-2005, 01:16 AM
I've been following news since they announced the game and it looks very cool. It has a lot of my fav characters and I really hope they decide to bring it over.

Though I probably would be 10x more excited if it was a Namco vs Capcom fighting game...

crashNUMBERS
06-02-2005, 12:42 PM
*tempts Joel*

You can be Ken in the game :D
-_-................

YES!!!!!!

Dreddz
06-02-2005, 03:02 PM
urgh...............Ken

Erdrick Holmes
06-04-2005, 02:29 AM
There is a scene were Ryu goes nuts and Ken has to fight him. God, I can't WAIT for this game. It will be the last PS2 game to not suck.

KoShiatar
06-04-2005, 08:56 PM
A friend talked to me about it just yesterday. I suppose he's gonna get a japanese disk when it comes out (he's much better at Japanese than me...>.> ) so maybe I'll be able to tell you about it one day.

Lionx
06-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Omg theres a new trailer with Ryu and Ken x 2 Shoryuken on Akuma @_@ sweetttss..

Erdrick Holmes
06-23-2005, 12:25 AM
I nearly snotted myself when I seen that.

Boy, with games like Xenosaga episode 2 and Capcom Fighting Evolution, I think Namco and Capcom had BETTER release this game in the states as a way of saying "Sorry for all of that bullcrap gaming, here's an awesome RPG to make up for it." We'll see how good it will be when it gets to the US.

SomethingBig
06-23-2005, 12:31 AM
Gah, shoot. That means it's going to compete with KH2, FFXII, and possible the Legend of Zelda for me. It'll get a HUGE +, though, if Akuma is a playable character and also if his Raging Demon attack is in it.

Erdrick Holmes
06-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Hehehehe, a friend of mine is givng me his Jap import version with a translation guide with boot discs so it'll play on my PS2. I'll let you guys know how good it is when I get to play it.

Lionx
06-23-2005, 12:45 AM
*psst* send em hereee!!! @_@ or at least tell me where i can find that kind of stuff...never knew theres translation guides.

SomethingBig
06-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Holy crap! Dark/Devil Ryu's in this game. The fact that Strider and Jin are in this games warrants my perpetuating desire for it.

And just for the record, Morrigan > Chun Li.

DJZen
06-23-2005, 03:36 AM
The people in my FFXI linkshell know how much I want this game. Let's just say that if it doesn't come out in the US, I'm gonna have to buy every last copy of every "quirky" or "Japanese" game I see until developers are convinced that Americans like "weird" games too. It doesn't even make sense for them to not release it here. Sure, tactical RPGs aren't HUGE over here, but Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, La Puecelle, Fire Emblem and the handful of others that have come out were all well recieved. Namco and Capcom are both VERY big names here. Namco being behind Tekken and Soul Calibur, the two biggest names in 3D fighting. Capcom is even MORE well known with games like Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Mega Man, and uh... Capcom vs. SNK? It's almost a guaranteed hit for them. It's foolish of them to not release it.

Erdrick Holmes
06-23-2005, 03:44 AM
Plus, I think the Street Fighter fanbase in North America is higher then it is in Japan.
I think there needs to be a Konami and SNK crossover game, or Square Enix and Sammy/Sega. It'd be weird to see Iori Yagami and Tir MchDol work together.

For the translation guides go to gamefaqs.

Black Mage
06-23-2005, 04:00 AM
It's easy for you guys to say that it's going to be a hit, but I would have said the same thing about Japan.

Lo and behold, it hasn't done nearly as well as projected. Whoo.

There's no doubt in my mind it's a great game, but I don't expect to see it come over.

Lionx
06-23-2005, 06:03 AM
In a way Japan is divided since they dont recognize some of the more obscure characters. However that doesnt mean it wont be fun either way. I can easily just find out more about the games and play them too in the end they win through alot of commercializing. I mean wouldnt you be interested in the unknown characters too?

DJZen
06-23-2005, 02:45 PM
I am. Mashups are cooler when obscure songs are used, I can't imagine the same can't be said for crossover games.

Erdrick Holmes
06-25-2005, 08:53 PM
I got the game working. (I litterally had to skin my PS2 to play it) and I can tell that this game was destined for a US release even before it got done.

So far I have the following news

There is very little voice acting, so no need to worry abou dubbing voices
Combat plays almost like a Tales game
Chun-li and KOSMOS are EXTREAMLY overpowered
Shion and MOMO are insultingly weak.
Apperently Shadowlaw from the Street Fighter series plays a big role in this game storyline

I'll have more updates when I play the game more.