PDA

View Full Version : Lost-What's Down the Hatch? (Spoilers)

Shadowdust
05-26-2005, 07:25 AM
That was quite a season finale tonight. I've always had a theory that the hatch was sort of like Pandora's Box. The way the kid responded when he touched Locke in an earlier episode seemed to confirm this to me. And then Locke said something this evening about believing they would find hope when the hatch was opened.

Well that was my theory until the end. Now I'm stumped. It leads somewhere, somewhere very deep. It seemed as if there was no end to that tunnel. And the numbers etched on to it. Way too creepy. Whatever is down there, it's not good, that I am sure of.

So we have all summer until we'll get anymore info so may as well start your theories. What do you think is down the hatch?

Miriel
05-26-2005, 08:04 AM
I am so good. I called 3 of the biggest twists tonight before they happened.

1) I knew Artz was going to die. He might as well have worn a shirt with the words DEAD MEAT on it.

2) I've always had the theory that the hatch was some kind of tunnel that led elsewhere. Right now, I'm guessing that there's some kind of civilization underneath there.

3) I knew that when the "others" weren't by the smoke, that they were going to go after Walt.

The "monster" is definitely something mechanical, I think that's pretty much a given at this point. I have no idea how the Others managed to get a hold of a boat, or guns, or what they want to do with Walt. Also, does this mean that Danielle was working with Ethan to kidnap Claire and her baby from the beginning?

Amazing season finale. Honestly, I don't think I've yelled "OH MY GOD" so many times in one night.

J.J. Abrams blows my freakin' mind.

Shadowdust
05-26-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't think Danielle was working with Ethan. I think that when Claire escaped that she may have come across Danielle in the jungle. Whatever happened, Claire must have felt threatened and with good reason as we could see.

I'm not sure about the monster. Definitely there's something mechanical about it, but I've never seen a machine move around like it did. Before the trees started getting ripped up, you can see some sort of black, shadow like twirl and right after the dynamite is thrown down and explodes, you see that same shadowy looking thing escaping. If it is a machine, it's extremely fast.

Well Walt is very special. We've seen two instances so far where he has been able to imagine and then materialize animals. The first time when he's with his mother he was reading about a certain type of bird and then one flew right into the window. Second time was when he read that comic book with a polar bear on the cover and then was attacked by a polar bear. Not to mention he seems to have some sort of telepathic ability considering how he knew that Locke was trying to open the hatch simply by touching his arm. Perhaps his Dead Zone is active. xD

This is most definitely one of the best shows of the year. Every single show grips you and leaves you wanting more. I wish we could fast forward to season two to see what's going to happen next.

Rye
05-26-2005, 08:59 PM
My theory was that the people on the boat were the others, and they wanted Walt all along, because he has "powers." Danielle isn't crazy, she did hear that they wanted a BOY, but she thought it was the baby.

The hatch probably leads to a tunnel with either water and a boat for the Others, or the area where they experiment on animals, because Polar Bears don't live on islands, and most animals aren't invisible weird things.

I think the island was an experimentation place. I really wanna know about those numbers!

That was such a good episode. :)

Leeza
05-27-2005, 01:22 AM
1) I knew Artz was going to die. He might as well have worn a shirt with the words DEAD MEAT on it.
Yep. It was like an episode of Star Trek when a newbie character would get beamed somewhere with Spock, Kirk and Scottie. :)

I don't think that the <i>monster</i> is mechanical because it's too wispy and fast and it just looks like a cloud when you can see it. I really thought that the hatch thing was some spaceship because of it's size, but having just a narrow tunnel in it is kind of weird. I really wasn't expecting that, but it's good. I'm just kind of worried about the all the guys on the raft. They're pretty far off shore by now.

Del Murder
05-27-2005, 01:47 AM
I only watched the last ten minutes but I thought it would be cool if they opened the hatch and on the other side was a parellel dimension where the survivors in that dimension were opening their hatch at the same time. Ok that's all I had to say.

krissy
05-27-2005, 05:25 AM
i liked the part with the sealing of the scar
should really watch the actual season cuz it's a good show but i never have any time really
so i've seen like ep 1,2, and 23 or whatever this one is

Quina
05-27-2005, 05:28 AM
At least it wasn't as disgusting as the last time a Hatch exposed itself on an island.