PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth's New Design?

Larahl
05-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Everyone saw this year FFVII:AC E3 trailer right?
in the end of the trailer in the 2:22 minutes you see someone jump from somewhere and do a slash with his sword that someone is Sephiroth
but this Sephiroth (to me anyway I might be wrong) looks diffrent
he don't have a smooth hair down like we seen him in the older trailers he now looks more like his old design only in more realistic way
is it just me? or someone else noticed this?
go see the 2005 E3 trailer and stop it in the 2:22 minutes and tell me if I'm right or wrong
Have Tetsuya Nomura changed his design before the movie got released?

TheAbominatrix
05-26-2005, 10:34 AM
His hair is being tossed around by the wind, given that he's falling.

Shadow Bahamut
05-26-2005, 10:58 AM
what's the URL for this new E3 trailer??

Leene
05-26-2005, 11:17 AM
:save: No i do not think that he is different. :save:

Redfield
05-26-2005, 11:28 AM
I kinda thought he looks like a grey ahired marylin manson, we even made song lol...

My name is...something..?
05-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Looks the same to me.
It's just that in the older ones he's in front of fire in a lit area.
In the new ones, he's falling from a building that's crumbling and it makes everything on him look considerably darker.

Armisael
05-26-2005, 06:20 PM
what's the URL for this new E3 trailer??
i think this is:http://gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfa...n_ot_051605.asx

And i have to agree with Abominatrix..The wind just makes his hair look differently,it's not that his style is different..

Necronopticous
05-26-2005, 06:40 PM
His facial structure is slightly different from that of the menu picture of Final Fantasy VII but then again, that was just concept art. I like the Advent Children models of all of the characters I've seen so far.

Lord Magician
05-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Maybe he changed his hair of it is a clone of him.

Chibi Angel
05-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Didn't really look that wierd to me...

CloudStrife48
05-27-2005, 02:21 AM
I don't particularly like the new Sephiroth look. he looks.... much older than needed. I personally think he looks 30ish years old. His face looks weary like a tired old man.

Maybe I looked into it too much...

KoShiatar
05-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Advent Children Sephiroth resembles a little bit Kefka from FF VI FMVs?

Redfield
05-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Advent Children Sephiroth resembles a little bit Kefka from FF VI FMVs?

no, now you mention it, he does lol^^ but without the stupid laugh! well i assume anyway :p
I think Tifa looks amazing lol, and the Kadaaj, Loz and Yazzoo brothers... any spectualtion as to who they are?

05-27-2005, 02:44 PM
They're Sephiroth clones.

Redfield
05-27-2005, 02:57 PM
I assumed as much lol... i think they look really cool... Although Loz is kinda the odd one out? The others all have long hair^^

05-27-2005, 03:57 PM
I have trouble telling the two apart during certain scenes sometimes.
Even though I know Kadaj has shorter hair.
Loz just sticks out though.

Squall of SeeD
05-27-2005, 05:00 PM
I don't particularly like the new Sephiroth look. he looks.... much older than needed. I personally think he looks 30ish years old. His face looks weary like a tired old man.

Well, he was 30 years old during Final Fantasy VII. It makes sense that anything in his form would look his age.

Croyles
05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
he was 30 inthe game, but he looks much older than 30 in the movie, but i think its looks quite good, very different to the kingdom hearts's sephiroth. yes now that i think about it, he does look like kefka.

hillarychick250
06-03-2005, 05:40 AM
i always thought loz sorta looked like cid and just a thought, don't you think that adaj, yazoo, and loz are kind of like sephiroth split up?? like loz(sephiroth was really strong), yazoo(sephiroth was always kinda out ther), and adaj(his evil side??) ??

KoShiatar
06-03-2005, 10:10 PM
he was 30 inthe game, but he looks much older than 30 in the movie, but i think its looks quite good, very different to the kingdom hearts's sephiroth. yes now that i think about it, he does look like kefka.

They have the same nose and lips, don't they? I suppose they have a standars villain nose at Squenix or something like that. :P
By the way, how was Kingdom Hearts's Sephiroth?

Monol
06-03-2005, 10:28 PM
I thought he is supposed to look diffrent...Isn't that supposed to be the new sephiroth that kadaj and the others ressurect? Also i think yazoo's the odd one out...not so much apperance...but presonality...kadaj is the leader...loz is the brawn (and apparently the cry baby?) but yazoo is just kinda there...which is why he is my fav. character :D :cool:

Croyles
06-03-2005, 10:39 PM
in KH he looked very very young. still evil tho :D

Sepho
06-04-2005, 01:33 AM
http://tim.digitalfault.com/hosted/sephcollage.jpg

You can expect the Advent Children version of Sephiroth to look different from both the concept art and the FF7 model because you're comparing different mediums. In this new trailer, there seems to be a small difference in Sephiroth's hair style, notably in the bangs, giving him more of that funky, video game character look he and the other characters sported in the game.

I prefer his look in the more recent trailer, with the more volumized hair, and there may have been some small changes made to the face.

Croyles
06-04-2005, 02:18 AM
yeah he does look different.
seeing as how this kind of concept art is not drawn to be realistic (the same thing kind of goes for the fmv graphics where it has a hint of anime,), you need to invent new features for a persons face and body, rather than just improving polygon count or whatever. for example, in that concept art picture his nose basicly seems to be unexistent, which is normal for a lot of anime. this can simply not be taken into the film without being changed if you dont want it to appear comical. in an anime you dont really laugh at that kind of thing because, well i dont know why, but you just dont, but when making a full animated video, youve gotta make them look like humans (if thats their intention). same goes for his, clouds and probably aeris's hair. you simply could not have those two bits of hair sticking out of the top of their heads as much as they do, it would look ridiculous, instead they either changed it or reduced the amount of how MUCH it sticks out. in an anime or video game however, people dont look at it as ridiculous but somehow adds to the characters. The makers can however, realize what kind of impression that persons face gives off and try and match that with different features for an animated film like this, or at least reduce the level of extremety (i know extreme is the limit, but i dont care). for example, sephiroths face is quite "sharp", its not well rounded everywhere and has some sharp turns etc, for example his shin in the concept art is just a triangle, but in the animated movie they had to change that into something a bit less obvious, yet still gave him sharp features, which you can still tell by his chin etc.

i dont know if i explained that too well, but hey, english isnt my first language.

KoShiatar
06-04-2005, 09:58 PM
I have trouble telling the two apart during certain scenes sometimes.
Even though I know Kadaj has shorter hair.
Loz just sticks out though.

I was thinking the same just today. What is the sense of that? Then maybe they're REALLY clones...

Ravenmorghane
06-04-2005, 10:31 PM
i think that sephiroth looks really evil but I imagined him to look much sexier than that. I like how kadaj and yazoo look, I guess I have a thing for guys with long hair haha
They all look really cool though but I like the old manga characters with their big hair and all.

Croyles
06-04-2005, 10:46 PM
yeah kind of true. its interesting to see how they were converted tho. but theres always bound to be dissapointment.

meowwl
06-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Keep in mind the difference between the popular hairstyles of now and the hairstyles of when the game was made...Tetsuya Nomura would have been 25 or 26 years old when the game was designed, and would have been a teenager in the 80s...the era of big hair and mousse abuse, so he probably would have seen such hair in real life.

ff-fanatix
06-08-2005, 03:51 PM
i recon we should just wait unitl the film comes out and see for ourselves....your not really doing yourselves any favours by thinking so much about the characters before the film is even finished.....

could ruin it if it doesnt pan out the way you want it to...

Tanwen Strife
06-08-2005, 06:52 PM
When I saw the trailer and saw the fire sceene the only thing I thought was LIPS! There's just something... wrong about them...

Ramza-Chemist
06-15-2005, 04:17 PM
a tad off topic here but i think they made Tifa look a bit like a man and less of the hottie...

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 12:47 AM
I like Tifa's new outfit,though.Dressing in all black has always been cool,IMO.Even though it resembles too much like Rinoa's outifit in FF8......

meowwl
06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah...waaaay off topic. :eep:

I like the new look, except for the eyes..they seem to have taken out the mako glow for the most part and made them a muddied shade of jade green...they should be about the color of my post, a glowing aqua green.

The True seeD
06-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Yeah, you got a point. But who knows, this is SquareEnix. Maybe he just got new contact lenses? Or mabe, like it seems to me, the lighter shade, while off from the FF7 shade, seems to "glow" more.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Green eyes rule,anyways.........RAWR.:p
Actually,I think it should be lighter.Having a "glow" sometimes makes eyes lighter.......

KoShiatar
06-19-2005, 09:51 PM
It seems they're not being too careful with eye color, since Vincent appears to have amber eyes while in the game they were red. Curiously, in the Dirge of Cerberus trailer pics, they're red again.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Strange.......they aren't paying attention! Or maybe the color thing they use are not good at making certain colors?
It may be a mistake they might fix later.......

Croyles
06-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Or maybe the color thing they use are not good at making certain colors?
It may be a mistake they might fix later.......

I doubt that their programs cant handle certain colours.

When filming batman from comic book to film, do you find an actor that has a square jaw? no. youve gotta change a few details. these characters are being modelled to look reasonably realistic

Good day :D

Strawberry_Mew
06-22-2005, 12:54 AM
I love how he looks -drools- can't wait for the movie 2 come out XD

Death Gigasx
06-24-2005, 12:00 AM
I doubt that their programs cant handle certain colours.

When filming batman from comic book to film, do you find an actor that has a square jaw? no. youve gotta change a few details. these characters are being modelled to look reasonably realistic

He speaks the truth. besides Square-Enix is know to spend Millions on FMVs for there games. Knowing SE they wouldn't dare not to spend Millions on this movie so it could be good cause if they screw this movie up then there will probably be no more Final Fantasy. And are we not just picking at details that do not really matter. eye color? come on and for all we know Cloud and Sephiroth are the same damn age these are trivial matters that most people will notice unless you are actually looking for them. if your gonna nitpick do it at home. Now Don't get me wrong I have Played FF7 thru to completion and I absolutely love the Blasted Game but I am getting side tracked aren't I?

ali b
06-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the AC version of Sephiroth? He's supposed to be some evil, terrifying god-like person...and they made him look like a girl.

Squall of SeeD
06-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the AC version of Sephiroth? He's supposed to be some evil, terrifying god-like person...and they made him look like a girl.

Go back and look at his design in Final Fantasy VII. He always looked feminine.

In any event, how is looking feminine lacking a powerful appearance and/or the might to back it up? You should really play Final Fantasy VIII. (Final Fantasy VIII Spoilers Ahead) Almost all the villains in that game are females, and they wield tremendous power, possibly greater than any other FF villains.

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 01:24 AM
The guy in the flames?? Yeah that's seph. His hair does look more slick and his bangs aren't as blocky and big as before...

http://www.basilsoft.net/img/img_30092003/ff7ac/ff7ac-hr-3.jpg

ali b
06-27-2005, 06:07 PM

Go back and look at his design in Final Fantasy VII. He always looked feminine.

In any event, how is looking feminine lacking a powerful appearance and/or the might to back it up? You should really play Final Fantasy VIII. (Final Fantasy VIII Spoilers Ahead) Almost all the villains in that game are females, and they wield tremendous power, possibly greater than any other FF villains.

I just don't find feminine looking men very threatening. And I agree with you, the villains in FFVIII are great, I have played it. :)

MushroomZOMBIE
06-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Edea is the coolest magic user,next to Vivi & Lulu.....I've noticed most of the magic users in the FF series are female......

Kakashi509
07-03-2005, 06:01 PM
No I dislike the version too I don't like his hair and he looks a bit more feminine than really needed but if they want to make a mess of his character design thats their descision but I say they should have sticked with his original look