PDA

View Full Version : shinryu and hp limits

boys from the dwarf
05-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Has anyone actually beaten shinryu without the use of coral rings to prevent his tidal wave because it does about 6000 damage if you dont and also is it possible toget your hp over 6000 and up to 9999 :confused: .

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Yes, in fact, I've done that. I had to do it in order to be able to beat Shinryuu without equipment and stuff. You'll have to level up a lot, though. And without equipment, Tidal Wave does about 8000 dammage. :greenie: It's completely possible to get 9999 HP and beat Shinryuu without coral rings, though. :)

Master.Pug
05-26-2005, 07:21 PM
but don't bring your chars to 99 to fight shinryuu! If you don't have a lot of luck, he uses lvl3 flare and you're party is well done!

boys from the dwarf
05-26-2005, 08:03 PM
How do you get your hp up to 9999 or do you just level up.

Ultima Shadow
05-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Well... you DO have to level up a lot... but you can also use the HP+30% ability that you gets when you've mastered the Monk class to get a nice HP boost. That way you don't need to be at level 90+, like I had to be in my FFV challange.

boys from the dwarf
05-27-2005, 08:16 AM
question 3.when do you get reina back in world3

theundeadhero
05-27-2005, 08:46 AM
You can use dragoons to jump with the white magic second ability. It's hard as hell, and takes a lot of luck, but that's how I did it.

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2005, 10:09 AM
question 3.when do you get reina back in world3
Very soon after getting the stone tablet in the pyramid.

How come you already asks questions about Shinryuu when you haven't got far enough to fight him? :p

boys from the dwarf
05-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Pre-preparation. i want to know how to fight him when i get to him.

ThroneofDravaris
05-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Pre-preparation. i want to know how to fight him when i get to him.

Then, if your not doing it as a challenge, wouldn't it just be best to equip corral rings...

boys from the dwarf
05-28-2005, 12:12 PM
by how to fight him when i get to him i did mean without coral rings.

Ultima Shadow
05-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Well... just be aware of that you'll have to level up pretty much in order to be able to have a high enough HP to survive Tidal Wave. :greenie:

Del Murder
05-28-2005, 05:09 PM
I use Coral Rings to fight off Tidal Wave, but then Blizzard kills me. Does the Ice shield protect against ice or is it the Fire shield?

Ultima Shadow
05-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Yea, Blizzard is one of Shinryuu's absolutely most deadly moves. I think it's the Ice Sheild that you should use to protect against that attack though. If you don't have any Ice Sheilds, being constantly under the effect of "Shell" is a good idea. Mighty Guard reings supreme... so if you have it, use it. Beaware for Shinryuu's Mealstorm (or whatever the name is) that reduces everyones HP to 1-9. That probably IS Shinryuu's most dangerous move.

boys from the dwarf
05-28-2005, 08:30 PM
if thats its effect just use an x-potion or elixer.

Ultima Shadow
05-28-2005, 08:44 PM
if thats its effect just use an x-potion or elixer.
Yes... but the problem is just that Shinryuu's extremely fast.
There's a pretty big chanse that you're not going to make it in time before Shinryuu attacks again. :greenie:

Del Murder
05-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Well that was easy. I totally schooled those guys.

Ultima Shadow
05-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Great, Del. :cool: How did "you" do it? :greenie:

boys from the dwarf
05-29-2005, 06:14 PM
answer him i tell ye ANSWER HIm. sORRY ABout tHAT

Del Murder
05-29-2005, 06:14 PM
Shinryuu
Everyone: Level 42-43, Bare class, Ribbons, Coral Rings (of course)

Bartz: !Sshot, !White 6, Masamune, Ice Shield
Faris: !Sshot, Counter, Brave Blade, Dragon Lance
Krile: !Time 6, !Blue, Power Staff, Ice Shield
Reina: !Redx2, !Sumn 5, Healing Staff, Ice Shield

Shinryuu - Tidal Wave (healed all)
Krile - Quick, Haste2, Guardian
Bartz - Sshot
Faris - Sshot
Reina - Golem, Bahamut
Shinryuu - Roulette (missed)
Krile - Attack (and it actually berserked him, though that turned out to be unnecessary)
Bartz - Sshot
Faris - Sshot
Reina - Bahamut, Bahamut
Shinryuu - DEAD

Omega
Everyone: Same levels

Bartz: Bare class, !Sshot, !White 6, Dragon Lance, Masamune, Fire Ring
Faris: Bare class, !Sshot, !Sword 6, Ragnarok, Brave Blade, Fire Ring
Krile: Bare class, !Time 6, !Blue, Power Staff, Fire Shield, Protect Ring
Reina: Mime class, !Redx2, !Time 6, !Black 6, Healing Staff, Fire Shield, Protect Ring

First Attack!
Bartz - Reflect (on self)
Faris - Bolt3 Sword
Reina - Bolt3 (on Bartz), Quick, Bolt3, Bolt3, Bolt3, Bolt3
Omega - counters with Missles and Encircle (bye bye Krile)
Faris - Sshot
Omega - DEAD

Piece of cake!

boys from the dwarf
05-30-2005, 10:01 AM
i never bother using the bare class but i remember how useful it can be sometimes so good for you del. hey heres a challenge that ultimashadow might be interested in.beat shinryu under level 5.

Ultima Shadow
05-30-2005, 03:09 PM
i never bother using the bare class but i remember how useful it can be sometimes so good for you del. hey heres a challenge that ultimashadow might be interested in.beat shinryu under level 5.
It's possible to get to that part in the game with a level 5 party? Well, I'll probably try it out sometime, then. :p

But I'll wait a while since I just played trough the game not too long ago. :greenie:

Oh, and Del... the way you beat Shinryuu seems to be pretty orginal. All the other strategies I've seen includes the "Jump" command. :cool:

You still owned him badly, though! :D

boys from the dwarf
05-31-2005, 09:21 AM
i dunno if it is posible but as low a level as possible.

Ultima Shadow
05-31-2005, 11:55 AM
i dunno if it is posible but as low a level as possible.
Yea, I'll try that out sometime. I've thought about playing a low-level FFVII challange first since I haven't played a FFVII challange for a very long time... :greenie:

boys from the dwarf
05-31-2005, 03:21 PM
if you can do level 1 ozma on FF9 this should be a cinch right.

Ultima Shadow
05-31-2005, 03:42 PM
if you can do level 1 ozma on FF9 this should be a cinch right.
Maybe... but in Level1 Ozma you can rely a lot on attacks like Limit Globe which ca do 9999 dammage, no matter the level of your party etc. I can't know for sure until I actually try. Maybe it will be easier than Level1 Ozma, and maybe it will be harder... :greenie:

boys from the dwarf
06-01-2005, 08:52 PM
just use the most powerful attacks. to beat carbuncle i reflected i demi2 at him and it did 9999 damage. it somehow lowered his reflect shield and i finished him with flame 3 demi2 trick may not work but look at teh blue magic list. theres bound to be something there.

Shin Gouken
06-15-2005, 02:45 PM
i beat shinryu in a single turn at level 50 :S he likes to use mealstrom and follow with lightening which instantly ends the battle. obviously im at a low level and hes much faster than me. the trick was to do as much damage to him in 1 turn. luckily he doesnt counter attack like omega so you get 1 turn per character to inflict as much damage as you can. easy, hold 2 swords, cast timemagic "quick" and use "Sshot" twice with all your characters and youve just killed him in 1 turn.

Shin Gouken
06-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Shinryuu
Everyone: Level 42-43, Bare class, Ribbons, Coral Rings (of course)

Bartz: !Sshot, !White 6, Masamune, Ice Shield
Faris: !Sshot, Counter, Brave Blade, Dragon Lance
Krile: !Time 6, !Blue, Power Staff, Ice Shield
Reina: !Redx2, !Sumn 5, Healing Staff, Ice Shield

Shinryuu - Tidal Wave (healed all)
Bartz - Sshot
Faris - Sshot
Reina - Golem, Bahamut
Shinryuu - Roulette (missed)
Krile - Attack (and it actually berserked him, though that turned out to be unnecessary)
Bartz - Sshot
Faris - Sshot
Reina - Bahamut, Bahamut
Shinryuu - DEAD

Omega
Everyone: Same levels

Bartz: Bare class, !Sshot, !White 6, Dragon Lance, Masamune, Fire Ring
Faris: Bare class, !Sshot, !Sword 6, Ragnarok, Brave Blade, Fire Ring
Krile: Bare class, !Time 6, !Blue, Power Staff, Fire Shield, Protect Ring
Reina: Mime class, !Redx2, !Time 6, !Black 6, Healing Staff, Fire Shield, Protect Ring

First Attack!
Bartz - Reflect (on self)
Faris - Bolt3 Sword
Reina - Bolt3 (on Bartz), Quick, Bolt3, Bolt3, Bolt3, Bolt3
Omega - counters with Missles and Encircle (bye bye Krile)
Faris - Sshot
Omega - DEAD

Piece of cake!

dude well done, i mean to try and defeat them on a lower level soon but my level for both of them still pretty low (lvl 50 :))

your omega method could have been simplified hugely though.

i made two characters with the "sword" and "Sshot" ability (one for the primary attack and the other as a decoy) and my other 2 characters (one primary one as back up) as mimes with "white 6" "time6" and "hide" (wud you believe a level 1 bard ability :)) hide your two mimes and cast bolt 3 on your swords. omegas 1st attack you will easily survive (if he encircles 1 character u have a decoy, ribbons to avoid his petrify, if the worst happens just cast return) Have your primary attacker attack (with excalibur and enchanter as your weapons you will do 5000+ damage per shot a total of 8 times) omega counters and if you are lucky you will survive to attack again and finish him off. if you are unlucky, bring out one of ur hiding crew and cast quick then arise and go back into hiding.

you cannot lose this way!!!!!!!!!!!! if things dont look good (a couple of encircle attacks) just cast return.

06-20-2005, 03:50 AM
easiest way to beat omega and shinryuu appears to be using holy water + maiden's kiss on it to make it beserk, come into the battle with everyone wearing running shoes to put haste on, give the mirage coat to whoever is using ragnarok + another sword in their hand, and to have everyone use x-shot with two weapons in each hand so that you hit him 8 times. I just beat him on my second try at lv46 with everything maxed except beserker

The x-shot with everyone worked for me too for shinryuu, except you can just go into the battle and use it and not have to put any magic defense on yourself or even haste.

http://img157.echo.cx/img157/6718/omega1ng.jpg
http://img157.echo.cx/img157/6189/omega25tt.jpg
http://img157.echo.cx/img157/1013/omega31ko.jpg
http://img157.echo.cx/img157/3395/omega56ty.jpg

rubah
06-20-2005, 05:42 AM
If you have mimic maxed, why not just go bare? X.x

06-20-2005, 05:57 AM
i dunno, what are the advantages of bare over mimic besides the fact mimic cannot equip ribbons by default?

Shin Gouken
06-27-2005, 03:53 PM
go to the "theories" thred. you can defeat shinryu without aqua rings on level 48 or lower using my strtegy :P

Ultima Shadow
06-27-2005, 04:41 PM
i dunno, what are the advantages of bare over mimic besides the fact mimic cannot equip ribbons by default?
The mimic class may equipp 3 special abilities, while the bare class only may equipp 2. However... the mimic class have the "mime" command instead of the attack command and it doesn't have the Item command.

Shin Gouken
06-27-2005, 06:11 PM
The mimic class may equipp 3 special abilities, while the bare class only may equipp 2. However... the mimic class have the "mime" command instead of the attack command and it doesn't have the Item command.

with mime you would need to equip "eqaxe" "eqkatana" "eqsword" ect ect which uses up your third ability anyway unless you want to only equip ninja based weapons. and the mime can equip "item" and "attack" as abilities if you want them.

Mirage
06-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Wth is !sshot?

Ultima Shadow
06-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Wth is !sshot?
Same as X-Fight. The move where you attack phsycically 4 times.

Shin Gouken
06-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Wth is !sshot?

lol i play the anthology psx. in that x-fight is otherwise S(super)shot.

Mirage
06-29-2005, 09:42 PM
I see.

Grovyle
07-04-2005, 09:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Grovajl/Final%20Fantasy/Shinryuu2.gif
Pretty tough. I never fought him, Exdeath can be beaten without Ragnarok .)