PDA

View Full Version : crisis core

PoIsOnCoNcEpTiOn
05-26-2005, 07:45 PM
whats the hell is this smurfin game about

Necronopticous
05-26-2005, 08:04 PM
It's listed some places as a PSP title, I honestly don't know yet.

The trailer I saw for it at E3 was a full anime trailer detailing scenes from the Sephiroth, Cloud, and Zack scene around the Nibelheim reactor.

BackRoomKid
05-26-2005, 09:37 PM
it's supposed to be similar to before crisis correct? what I mean by similar is that it's a prequel and it deals with Cloud's past story

squareSOFT
05-27-2005, 12:27 AM
it's supposed to be similar to before crisis correct? what I mean by similar is that it's a prequel and it deals with Cloud's past story

Ya, and from what i've seen/heard Zack will play a major role. Also, it will defenitly be an action-rpg

Francis Begbie
05-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Well this is all news to me.

Does anyone have any screenshots?

TheAbominatrix
05-27-2005, 12:54 AM
It would have been perfectly logical to assume that Square Enix was done making Final Fantasy VII spin-offs when Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII was introduced just over a month ago. However, the company apparently has more in store for the series, as Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII has just been announced.

This fourth spin-off of Final Fantasy VII will appear on Sony's handheld PlayStation Portable in early 2006. Unlike the original, this title will be an action RPG. Character designer Tetsuya Nomura will be in action again, as he has been with all Final Fantasy VII projects. Yoshinori Kitase and Hajime Tahata will also be involved in the game's production. While it doesn't yet have much content, the official website is up and running. No other details are known at this time.

New characters continue to be added into Before Crisis, a mobile phone game, on an ongoing basis. Recently announced, Crisis Core is said to be a traditional RPG for the PSP and is scheduled out in Japan in 2006.

Even though the game's projected release date recently shifted to some time in 2006, the development of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is still chugging along, with Nomura saying that he has worked on the art for the game. Moreover, Nomura dropped a few hints about the game's gameplay system: "We're planning an interesting, previously unseen gameplay system. We announced [Crisis Core] as an action RPG, but I think it will end up as something that exceeds everyone's expectations. I personally want to get my hands on it quickly."

No screenshots have been released.

Aedan
05-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Does someone have a link to the trailer

TheAbominatrix
05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
There is no trailer on the net yet. Just at E3. Give it time.

edit: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/preview_6124931.html here's some info from other people who saw it.

Final Fantasy 7
05-30-2005, 03:05 AM
My friend told me that the game revolves around Zack, i hope this is not true and hope that the main character is Sephiroth. It would be cool to see his story. Zack would be cool too i guess and so would Cloud, or all 3 of them. Well it better be good cuz im buyin a PSP for this game.

BackRoomKid
05-30-2005, 09:08 AM
Probably won't revolve around Sephorith since his story is already told

Zack's is still a bit fuzzy...either way it sounds interesting

Solid Snake 53
05-31-2005, 01:54 AM
First of all, Hi. I'm Solid Sanke 53 (or SS53 for short if you wish). I hope to have a good time here, the place looks excellent. I've been drawn into this place over the past month and once again the place seems great. SO back on topic....
Zack has a cloudy past so i'd actually like to know about the guy. And perhaps Aerith/ Aeris will have a role in the game since she claims Zack was her first love and mabye they'll be dating in it or something. Im excited to see what comes out of this. I think we need to broade the horizons of Final Fantasy VII and tell a new, yet closely related story of events leading up to FF VII. And i dont think Square should make the game players favorite character. I like the fact that Square doesnt give a damn about what the people say and just go with what they want. Hell this whole compilation is probobly due to fan demand. But from there it SHOULD be all in Square's control.

SomethingBig
05-31-2005, 01:59 AM
The story revolves around Cloud and Zack and their relationship.