PDA

View Full Version : 1up Interview with Nomura: AC Details

BackRoomKid
05-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Read the Article Here (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3140927)

So who has read the article? Pretty interesting huh? This caught my attention:

1UP: Advent Children was originally conceived as a 20-minute film, but now it's, what, 100 minutes long? Any insights into 1) how it expanded into five times its original intended length, and 2) what sort of story did you think you were going to be able to stuff into the original 20 minutes? Lastly, what sort of extra material will be on the DVD?

TN: The 20 or so minute project was an experiment, and it just so happens that Final Fantasy VII's story and world was the material that was going to be used for that project. So the story for that version that was written by Mr. Nojima [Kazushige Nojima, scenario writer for many of the Final Fantasy games], and there was a theme and that was Cloud's story after the events of Final Fantasy VII. So now we had a theme and something we could work off of, and it became a bigger, larger, and "real" project, not just an experiment. That's when we decided to start over from scratch and go away from what the experiment project was all about...

There's more to the quote but what I found really exciting is the length of the movie....close to 100 minutes? most likely around 90 but still....better than that 70 minute timeframe, I'd say.

CloudStrife48
05-27-2005, 02:16 AM
I just recently read that article earlier today. I had to say it was pretty interesting. I didn't know those details. I'm glad that the experiment became real. Our hopes and dreams came true. :)

Squall of SeeD
05-27-2005, 05:05 PM
BackRoom, notice that 1Up is assuming it to be 100 minutes. Nomura doesn't confirm that to be the case. The last official word we received (through the film's Co-Producer) was that it is roughly 70 minutes long now. Being that it has been only about two months since that time, I doubt they've added another half hour onto the movie. 1Up was just being presumptuous, and illogically so at that if they've been paying attention to past interviews.

BackRoomKid
05-27-2005, 10:44 PM
I thought the same thing to, and then I read the response and Nomura never really said "well actually it's (insert length here) long"....so my assumption is that it would be longer than 70 minutes

but then I also realized, crap, he isn't really the producer that doesn't have that final say, ah well