PDA

View Full Version : PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE BUT THIS IS A JOKE!

Y-Rikku-P
05-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Anyone else getting impatient about the arrival of this game? It feels like this game has been teasing its release date for so long.

Has anyone any news on the date it is coming out or reasons as to why it is so late?

Raven Nox
05-27-2005, 03:07 AM
They are trying to improve graphics, and are probably making finishing touches to the storyline it self, testing it for bugs, fitting all the voice work into the game, things like that.

No one knows it's release date, not even Sqaure.

squareSOFT
05-27-2005, 04:06 AM
They are trying to improve graphics, and are probably making finishing touches to the storyline it self, testing it for bugs, fitting all the voice work into the game, things like that.

No one knows it's release date, not even Sqaure.

Well it better be bloody good

Raven Nox
05-27-2005, 04:11 AM
Yeah, it better be! I think it will be, but it might not be... but that probably what they are doing.

Fire_Emblem776
05-27-2005, 05:14 AM
Well it better be bloody good
damn strait!!

Bomber
05-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Oooooh, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't WAAAAAIIIIIIT!!!

*jumps up and down doing a pee-pee dance*

My name is...something..?
05-27-2005, 08:23 AM
It's taking longer because they're improving the graphics(I'm loving the look of this game).
They are also improving the battle system, apparently there was a glitch in it that made it work improperly. That's the main reason it's taking so long.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-27-2005, 01:50 PM
there not helping themselves the longer the delays the higher the expectation that this game should be good...and im praying that it should be...

Super Christ
05-27-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't mind it taking an ass long time, as long as they don't do what they did with X and X-2 - hurry it up, and then make a plus version with extra stuff which never gets released in the states. (Was international released in europe? Ahh well, the point is is that I got screwed.)

Sephiroths Clone
05-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I dont know about all this fixing up and stuff. I heard that its not to be released til 2006!!!! :mad2:

Croyles
05-27-2005, 05:40 PM
yeah we did get the international version.

SE...what are you thinking?

Gwelenguchenkus
05-28-2005, 12:50 AM
I hope this game isn't going to get looked over thanks to the PS3's release.

Just like FFIX with the PS2 *sniff*

Croyles
05-28-2005, 01:07 AM
well FFXII is coming out on the PS3 as well.

squareSOFT
05-28-2005, 01:27 AM
Actually being "re-made" for ps3? Or are you just redferring to the backwards compatability? Assuming it's the latter I still think that it will get looked over just like IX did even with backwards compatability.

TurkSlayer
05-28-2005, 01:30 AM

No, its not. I'm pretty sure they've already announced it for PS2, not 3.

I'm growing rather inpatient myself. I have a question though. Are we sure that all the playable characters shown so far (Vaan, Ashe, Balfear, ect.) are the only playable main characters? I mean, there are all these diverse races around, but the only one in your party is a Veira, who looks very close to a human. I just wish they would add a Bangaa, or at least a moogle.

Croyles
05-28-2005, 02:15 AM
i said "as well". It is being made for PS2 and PS3, and im not just talking about the backwards compatibility. trust me, Square-enix have announced it and its official. They will most likely improve graphics and whatnot so it wouldnt be pointless to release it for the PS3, but it is definitely coming out on both consoles. Marketing skills... evil..evil..companies.

squareSOFT
05-28-2005, 02:34 AM
i said "as well". It is being made for PS2 and PS3, and im not just talking about the backwards compatibility. trust me, Square-enix have announced it and its official. They will most likely improve graphics and whatnot so it wouldnt be pointless to release it for the PS3, but it is definitely coming out on both consoles. Marketing skills... evil..evil..companies.

Where did you get this from?

Croyles
05-28-2005, 02:55 AM
well i read it on several websites after being told about it from my friend and numerous forums, including EoFF, but youll need to give me some time to find it again as its hidden in the depths of my Firefox's History.

EDIT: and im not just talking about the fact that they were planning on releaseing 'a' Final Fantasy title on the PS3

Gwelenguchenkus
05-28-2005, 09:02 AM
They're releasing Final Fantasy XI on the XBOX 360.

Final Fantasy XII is for the PS2.

I do not believe that it will be released for the PS3. That would be called /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty marketing tactics. You don't release a game 6 months in NA before the new PS3 and then release it again. What the heck is the point of that?

SE hates making remakes, and I doubt they'd make one RIGHT AFTER releasing it as their last FF title. I mean, come on.

Croyles
05-28-2005, 02:11 PM
aaahhh you dont understand, its official! stop thinking that im mistaking it for something else like FFXI or whatever.
And since when do SE hate making remakes? as far as i know when they were still squaresoft (pretty much the same apart from the financial gain) they remade FF games all the way from I to VI.

Plus, FFXII will not be a complete remake for the PS3, they will make it just a little bit better. IT WAS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

But to get back to the point of the thread:
I cant wait till this game comes out, it will be great. A breath of fresh air to the final fantasy series!

EDIT: Actually, believe what you want cause I cannot be bothered to have this argument if people just dont want to believe it. :mad: :rolleyes2

Gwelenguchenkus
05-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I would actually believe it if there was an article, anywhere, that actually said it. Just give me the link! :greenie:

Croyles
05-28-2005, 07:15 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=77&e=3&u=/mc/20050517/tc_mc/e3xbox360vsplaystation3

last paragraph of that page. and thats only one source, im still looking for other ones. It DOES say something about FFXI being released to 360 inthe same paragraph but just bear with it and read on.

squareSOFT
05-29-2005, 12:57 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=77&e=3&u=/mc/20050517/tc_mc/e3xbox360vsplaystation3

last paragraph of that page. and thats only one source, im still looking for other ones. It DOES say something about FFXI being released to 360 inthe same paragraph but just bear with it and read on.

Well, i'l be darned

ff-fanatix
05-29-2005, 01:35 AM
hmmmm i know its an article its there in writing and everything.....but i find it hard to get my head around.....

with SE basically not letting in on anything to do with ffxii release date or other wise....i find it hard to believe a site like yahoo news could get that kind of information before any of the main SE source sites or at E3 for that matter.....

not saying that it aint true...im just doubting the likelihood of it....

if its coming out for the ps3...then so be it.....but it'll probably be a waste of time and money on SE part...because by the time it comes out people would have beaten ff12 inside out for 6 months...why would they buy it again just for better graphics.....surely they cant rely that much on their die hard fans to be conned into this......cos that would involve me :(

anyway......

GIVE ME FF12 I WANT IT NOW........

cant wait....this has been so overdue....and no amount of set backs will hype it anymore than it already is.....its prob one of the most anticipated ff games in a long time....prob equal to that of ff8....im gonn have to do what i did for ff9 now aint i.....book time off work to play it ;)

*~Nirvana~*
05-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Dunno if I heard right or not but apparently SE delayed the release so that it wouldn't clash with KH2's release. Coz if you think about it, if they released both games at the same time obviously people would go for FF12 not KH2. So they're delaying it to make full advantage of sales and all that stuff. That's just what Ive been hearing and I'm not too sure myself whether thats right or not. SE have also supposedly completed the game, they're just waiting for the right time to release it

But whatever, I just want it NOW :mad:.... desperately!

Gwelenguchenkus
05-30-2005, 04:29 AM

Well, i'l be darned

That is interesting that they would just lump that in the end paragraph.

There has got to be a full article on that somewhere.

Y-Rikku-P
05-31-2005, 01:38 PM
You would have thought that SE would have began advertising a little sooner to its release. Like many have said this has been built up and many fans are looking for a repair to what XI and X-2 did as they are very much marketed to certain groups of the FF fanbase.

Don't get me wrong I have never found an FF game I despise, I always find good parts to the games but this is a major risk they are taking.

crazybayman
05-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Dunno if I heard right or not but apparently SE delayed the release so that it wouldn't clash with KH2's release. Coz if you think about it, if they released both games at the same time obviously people would go for FF12 not KH2. So they're delaying it to make full advantage of sales and all that stuff. That's just what Ive been hearing and I'm not too sure myself whether thats right or not. SE have also supposedly completed the game, they're just waiting for the right time to release it

But whatever, I just want it NOW :mad:.... desperately!

I think you're right. That, and Dragon Quest VIII is also being released soon, and they don't want FFXII sales to clash with DQVIII sales either.

Its all about timing. They know that us FF fanatics will buy FFXII, no matter when it comes out. They want to release it when sales of their other releases (DQVIII, KHII, etc) have already peaked, and are on the decline, so that they can sustain revenue with a spike in sales due to FFXII's release.

last I heard FFXII's release would be Dec '05, and now sometime in '06. Evil b@stards.

Croyles
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Concerning my previous posts, maybe what i said really is only a rumour... i cant find any other urls where i have read it before, so i take back what i said. However, we'll see if it also comes out or not on ps3 as well as ps2 in the near (yeah right...) future.

Mercen-X
06-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Maybe the PS3 statement was a typo. Even professionals make mistakes.
Or maybe SE has scrapped its plans to release on PS2 and make us suffer by overextending the release date for a PS3 compatibility.

Shoden
06-01-2005, 10:03 PM
i have been browsing game covers and lookie here a Pal Front cover for the PLAYSTATION 2

the projects been going on and is nearly finished i doubt theyd put in on the PS3 or DOC will be on the PS3 aswell as this

Croyles
06-01-2005, 10:36 PM
? i agree that its not official, but that logo doesnt prove it wont be coming out on the ps3 in the future, and i dont think that just because DoC is coming out around the same time that they would have to put that on the ps3 too.

Raven Nox
06-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Normally, when a company starts making games for an upgraded system, they stop making them for the older one, so if they really come out at around the same time, then they'll probably end up on the same system, which will probably be the PS2, I see no reason for them to put it on the PS3. If they release it on the PS2 and then again on the PS3, they only way it would sell it if they added or changed so much stuff, that it was worth it to buy again. And if they wait for the PS3 and not have it come out on the PS2, it's probably be release with the PS3, and since people would have to buy one first instead of most people already having one, they'd actually have less sales then they would with the PS2, 'cause not everyone can get on when they first come out, plus, they'd have to work on the game MORE to get it up to PS3 standards. It's pretty safe to say it's not coming to the PS3 I think, it really wouldn't make as much money as a PS2 release would, plus, Square likes to wait a little before going to a new system, FFIX come out on the PS right when the PS2 came out, though they could've put it on the PS2.

Shoden
06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
it will come out before the PS3 is released out of japan i reckon

the FFXII project has been going on before the PS3 was revealed its been years since we were informed about this game

yunafan01
06-14-2005, 01:54 PM
I have been following up on this for a long time. Final Fantasy XII will be for the PS3 (Did you know they are remaking FF7 for the PS3?!), and it will be released January-April 2006!

---

I also forgot to add that they are making Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3. Sony says that FF13 is soppost to be the last one, but they also signed a contract with Microsoft for the XBOX360. So I think that FF13 might be on XBOX360 also.

EDIT BY BoB: Please do not double post (in other words, post twice in a row without anyone else posting inbetween your posts) - if you need to add anything to your post, feel free to use the edit/delete button on your post which will allow you to make any changes or additions to it :) Thanks!

Loony BoB
06-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Since E3 began, rumors surfaced about the game 'Final Fantasy XII' being released on the upcoming Sony Playstation 3 instead of the previously planned PS2. According to Spong, Square-Enix reports that they are keeping the previous commitment of releasing the game on the PS2, and when asked about a release of a Final Fantasy game for the PS3, they said; "It is just beyond the horizon".

Final Fantasy XII will be available for gamers in the last stretch of 2005 for Japan, early to mid 2006 for North America, and there is no set date for Europe at this time.
Straight from EoFF's frontsite. There is not yet, as far as I know, any known specific title slated for the PS3. We know there will be a title, but not what it will be - and that includes XII.

I read the FF news (usually three or four articles) on a daily basis - it gets emailed to me from Google News. I'm pretty sure that XII being released on the PS3 is just that - a rumour. the news I quoted above is a lot more recent than the news that was linked to in Yahoo! News by Croyles.

EDIT: Taken from spong.com...

In the wake of E3, confusion reigned as gamers struggled with rumour and misinformation regarding the final platform on which the long awaited Final Fantasy XII would reside. Various publications ran news claiming that the game had been shifted away from PlayStation 2 in favour of a next-gen outing alongside Sony’s new machine.

According to SE today, this isn’t the case. The firm announced, “…Final Fantasy XII will be released on the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system in fiscal year 2005 in Japan and fiscal year 2006 in North America.” No mention of a European date was made, however; strange as the press release received by SPOnG came from Square Enix Europe.

The release continues, “In addition, plans to bring a Final Fantasy title to the PlayStation 3, Sony Computer Entertainment’s next generation computer entertainment system that is currently in development, are just beyond the horizon.”

“We are extremely pleased to be able to finally announce the release timing for Final Fantasy XII and hope that our fans can wait just a little longer, as the development team is working very hard to complete our latest instalment,” said Yoichi Wada, president of Square Enix. “We were also very happy to showcase a technical demonstration of Final Fantasy VII in collaboration with Sony Computer Entertainment. Thanks to the PlayStation 3’s powerful Cell processor our acclaimed classic has never looked better.”

SPOnG contacted Square Enix for further details regarding Final Fantasy XII over here, but at time of press was unable to glean any clarifying, soothing word medicine. As soon as we hear, we’ll update this story. Keep it locked and as ever, we value your thoughts - as does Square - so let everyone know what you think in the forum below.
http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mode=news&type=n&cid=&pid=&vid=&prid=8779&n=Square+Enix+Makes+Final+Fantasy+XII+PlayStation+2+Commitment%2C+Underlines+PS3+Support

Be careful with rumours - unless you have a quote directly from the people at Square Enix, you can't be too sure about things in the gaming world.

Croyles
06-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Loony BoB is right.
And now they are NOT remaking FF7 at the moment, they said they had no intention. and the only thing signed with xbox 360 was to release FFXI.

yunafan01
06-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Loony BoB is right.
And now they are NOT remaking FF7 at the moment, they said they had no intention. and the only thing signed with xbox 360 was to release FFXI.

I wasn't entirely sure, i just posted something i thought that they said, i must have overlooked an article. Sorry about the confusion, and they did sign a contract with xbox360 for future games, i have been on the thing for a long time. Also if you look at my other posts i also said that my father was pulling my leg for final fantasy 12. And they are making Final Fantasy 13. I saw the thing on a website.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff13/ff13.html

But i soppose it is subject to change. Sorry yet again for the confusion.