PDA

View Full Version : PS2 NTSC-J backup games

Erdrick Holmes
05-27-2005, 03:32 AM
Is there a cheap way to get my PS2 to play games in the NTSC-J region and on backups?

MecaKane
05-27-2005, 04:11 AM
I thought... everyone knew about these... for quite some time.
I, I think they're called modchips? Or maybe bootdisks?
Surely, you must've heard about them before. So maybe they can't play burned off games. And it was all one big lie. Well of course it is, you certainly wouldn't waste time making a thread before testing something that seemed so reputable for yourself. Sorry you had to waste your money on one of those only to find out it was a big scam.

Erdrick Holmes
05-27-2005, 04:21 AM
Henceforth why I said "CHEAP". Modchips cost alot and I fear if I tried it I'd probably ruin my PS2 with solder. I wanna know if there's a cheap boot-disc I can get or something. If you're not gonna help or just post slack-assed remarks then just don't post.

RSL
05-27-2005, 04:58 AM
Cool it kids. This is a warning. You two have plenty of other places to be at each other's throats, you don't need to do it here.

Endless
05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Swap Magic Disc + slider tool/no solder modchip/modchip/flip top cover.

The slider requires only to remove the front cover of the dvd tray.

Big D
05-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Best yet, the 'swap disc' trick doesn't harm your warranty, and doesn't permanently alter your console either. It lets you play backups and imports cheaply and legally.

Mookies
05-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Swap magicz annoying. You have to take your ps2 logo out to use the slider tool, you have to replace your cover for a flip top. modchips are expensive.

Erdrick Holmes
05-28-2005, 01:20 AM
Not with magic Swap. Just load in the disc, then when it's done loading load in an import/backup.

Endless
05-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Swap magic still requires the use of slider tool/no solder modchip/modchip/flip top cover. See, the problem is that if you press the eject button, it will reinitialize and see you'e not playing an original game.

The slider tool is the least troublesome way, since all you need is to remove the dvd-tray door cover (it clips/unclips, and just two screws to undo/redo).