PDA

View Full Version : Facial hair *dudes only*

Erdrick Holmes
05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Do you have facial hair? Why or why not? and what kind of approaches do you use in facial hair?

At first, I hated it. But then I realized something, I look hot with a goatee, so I decided to do something about that. Shave off every bit of my facial hair but a little bit on my chin. I'm gonna let it grow out then trim it.

Pros: Chicks love it
I look really damn good with it

Cons: I have a velvet bedspread, it gets anoying and itchy when it gets caught in it
I constantly feel like I have a carpet sample stuck to my chin.

Rye
05-27-2005, 11:32 PM
I don't have facial hair, but I don't really like it on guys. The only guys I like it on are Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. Clean shaven rocks.

escobert
05-27-2005, 11:36 PM
I have a mustache and goatee. Sometimes in the winter I grow a beard but not often. I feel really weird if i don't have a goatee since I've had one for so long.

Polyonymous
05-27-2005, 11:38 PM
I simply hate shaving, so only a few times a week will you see me without facial hair. Though recently I have decided to keep a goatee and shave the rest more often. I just look too childish without the goatee.

Necronopticous
05-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I loathe shaving as well but I still manage to get it done every two or three days. On the weekends I start looking pretty scraggly but that doesn't matter because I just sit at home and play video games all day anyway. I had a moustache and blip of hair under my bottom lip for a while but I started to look like a young father and then an escaped prisoner of war. Unfortunately, my driver's license picture happened to be taken while I had the P.O.W. escapee look going on so people constantly give me weird looks when I show them my ID.

mike without a hat
05-27-2005, 11:48 PM
I like having a beard and mustache but i usually shave it so people dont get all pissy at me.

Jojee
05-28-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm kinda lazy so I grow beards all the time, it's really annoying... but at least I look good in it.

Alice
05-28-2005, 12:55 AM
hm i shave every day, sometimes ill skip a day or on weekends when im lazy i dont shave at all..l but usually i shave everyday, though u can barely tell cuz my facial hair is like indestructible :(

Agent Proto
05-28-2005, 01:01 AM
I shave whenever I'm arsed to. That means that I'll probably have some sort of beard going on under my chin. My mom usually hates it, and when she complains about it, I'll shave it. =)

faster skating penguin
05-28-2005, 01:05 AM
I have very light facial hair. I can let it do for weeks and no one would notice. I look totaly crap with facial hair, though.

Wait, that's impossible because I'm so hot.

I look really hot with facial hair.

ShunNakamura
05-28-2005, 01:10 AM
Uhgg.. I hate my beard/facial hair. It is itchy... and if I rough-house with someone I can literally draw small a mounts of blood... and I love rough-housing.

Unfortunately I haven't masted being able to shave multiple days in a row(I actually may have to shave 2 times a day with how fast this bush grows), without causing serious damage to my skin (and I am usually pretty good about not cutting myself... not if I shaved just the other day though).

Oh yes... My beard is stupid too.... earned me the nickname the Amish wrestler...(and it never grows long either... it only grows partly in, then stops :mad2: )

withered
05-28-2005, 01:33 AM
I hate style facial hair. If you are going to let it grow let it grow do not style it into a goatee: I hate goatees.
And it is common knowledge that everyone should go by what I like or do not in this case.

Triple T
05-28-2005, 02:14 AM
I don't have facial hair... only sometimes. I'm 14, so it's weird. When I get it I shave it right away.

Meat Puppet
05-28-2005, 02:36 AM
I only shave my the hair on my neck, just so I don't look homeless.

ps. girls have facial hair, too.

TasteyPies
05-28-2005, 03:10 AM
I shave about once a weak because I look so awesome with a good amount of fuzz.

nik0tine
05-28-2005, 04:19 AM
I have 3 hairs on my chin. That's it.

black orb
05-28-2005, 04:29 AM
I hate style facial hair. If you are going to let it grow let it grow do not style it into a goatee: I hate goatees.
And it is common knowledge that everyone should go by what I like or do not in this case.
>>> you must be the only person who agrees with me on that matter, I hate style facial hair too.
And yeah i have beard and mustache..

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-28-2005, 04:48 AM
I hate facial hair *cringes at the thought*

DMKA
05-28-2005, 06:37 AM
I have a moustach and a goatee, because I hate to look at myself in the mirror without them.

CloudSquallandZidane
05-28-2005, 07:05 AM
I have a moustach and a goatee, because I hate to look at myself in the mirror without them.

Amen to that. I like to go with the long thin sideburns that stretch down the sides of my face.

My name is...something..?
05-28-2005, 08:25 AM
It depends.
Sometimes I have a mustache and goatee, sometimes I'm clean shaven.
If I'm on a date, I'm definitely clean shaven though. :D
Because alas, most women hate facial hair.

Rase
05-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Used to have a nice goatee, but than shaved it off when I was told by many people I looked better without it. Probably grow it back in a year or two.

theundeadhero
05-28-2005, 09:06 AM
The Man makes me shave everyday, but sometimes I get away with not doing it. When I'm home I don't ever shave. I hate it.

Rainecloud
05-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Facial hair annoys me, so I shave it off.

*Note to self: Joel looks "hot" with a goatee.

Levian
05-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Yer, facial hair. I have a beard, but I shave away the moustache. I'm not going to let it grow until the hair grows more in that area, like with the beard. I only ever shave once every other week. I like having a beard plz. :cool:

Devourment
05-28-2005, 10:08 AM
I have quite a lot of facial hair, but because I'm fair-haired it's hard to tell if I have a lot! If you look at me from a little distance away from me, say just a metre, you can't tell!

I don't shave yet, because I can't be bothered to set it off. But I think I will have to soon though because it's growing at an alarming rate!

I'm not into the hole hairy-monkey look people go for. I'll be fine with just two nice long side-burns. :p

Old Manus
05-28-2005, 10:18 AM
I dont like goatees and 'taches, but I only shave when I start to look stupid.

Big D
05-28-2005, 10:27 AM
The Man makes me shave everyday, but sometimes I get away with not doing it. When I'm home I don't ever shave. I hate it.I'm curious, what are the army rules for facial hair? In my country, the officers are allowed moustaches and (I think) beards, but not the soldiers.

64% of New Zealand women prefer men who are clean-shaven, but 100% of women prefer me bearded.

I'm not in favour of tiny facial hair. If you're gonna do something, do it well, I say. I generally wear a full beard, or rarely a full moustache and goatee. The beard's trimmed fairly short kept in a tidy shape, but it's still pretty expansive.

Loony BoB
05-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Pros: Chicks love it
Massive generalisation that at a guess is more incorrect than correct, there. Most of my past girlfriends have preferred me without facial hair. My current one likes it on me, so that's fine, but it really does depend on how it makes the guy look and also how much the girl can stand it. I've found that most girls don't like it because it can get in the way when kissing. And before anyone says "Oh, well, just keep the hair away from your lips!" - kissing can be done anywhere on the face, silly. Of course as I said, some girls do like it.

It also depends on the kind of hair, 'cause some beards are soft while some are stubbly.

EDIT: As for the actual topic at hand, I have a goatee because most of my friends think I look a lot better with it, including my girlfriend (who, naturally, gets the most influential vote). I also have a light moustache.

Chris
05-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't have any facial hair - it gets in the way of my unearthly beauty. :love:

RSL
05-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I have a beard. Too bad to all those who don't like beards because I'm not shaving it off any time soon.

Meat Puppet
05-28-2005, 01:23 PM
And I wouldn't have it any other way. :love:

theundeadhero
05-28-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm curious, what are the army rules for facial hair? In my country, the officers are allowed moustaches and (I think) beards, but not the junior officers.
The regulations don't change by rank. I'm allowed to have a mustache that doesn't extend past the corners of my upper lip and it has to be tapered down at the sides instead of just straight down. I can wear side burns as long as they don't go past the middle of the opening in the ear and keep a neat appearance so they can't be too long.

When I'm home on leave I don't plan to shave and I might keep the mustache when I come back. Once I'm out for good I probably won't shave and grow a full beard. Winter will be coming up so it won't be all that hot, just itchy.

SadisticStreetSoldie
05-28-2005, 04:51 PM
A mate of mine has straight black hair and a fuzzy ginger beard. Heeheehehe. Anyways most of the girls I know like clean shaven guys while I like guys with gotees and a bit of stubble :D

eestlinc
05-28-2005, 05:01 PM
I shave about twice a week, because shaving is annoying, but facial hair gets annoying after a certain (very short) length. <A href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/eestlinc/JaneyandBrendanBarHumbug.jpg>I had a goatee once, though.</a>

Jojee
05-28-2005, 06:59 PM
eest, goatee does not suit you :(

Beard suits RSL though :love:

bennator
05-28-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm a guy, and I do my best to keep my face hair free, my girlfriend likes it better that way anyways.

War Angel
05-28-2005, 08:56 PM
I have a full beard, about half an inch long, plus a light moustache, which I wish was a bit darker and thicker. Also, I'd like my facial hair to be a bit more dense... it's a bit scattered. The army won't let me shave it off then grow back again, so I'm leaving it the way it is.

Either way, I look sexy.. the beard just emphasises the shape of my face and my facial features (not hide it), like a frame, so like it, as do everyone else I've asked, or that have commented ("OMG you are so sexy, good looking and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifable, what's your name?!") :P.

Big D
05-29-2005, 12:38 AM
I shave about twice a week, because shaving is annoying, but facial hair gets annoying after a certain (very short) length. <A href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/eestlinc/JaneyandBrendanBarHumbug.jpg>I had a goatee once, though.</a>eest, goatee does not suit you:(Looks fine to me, in that photo. And so does she;)Either way, I look sexy.. the beard just emphasises the shape of my face and my facial features (not hide it), like a frameIn my case, the advantage comes from concealing my features:p

ff-fanatix
05-29-2005, 01:07 AM
for some insainyl starnge reasons the hair on the right side of my face grows faster than the left....one of those cruel things life throws at you.....

so i cant really grow anything before it starts to notice.....not like it grows out to look any more like anything than a glorified dead beaver.....

i would if i could but i cant so i wont......but i hate shaving anyway.....so it just goes til i shave it..... one sided and all ;)

Yamaneko
05-29-2005, 02:11 AM
I have the whole thing going on during the middle of the week before I shave on the weekends. I'm too lazy to shave every couple days, which is what I require to have a clean face.

eestlinc
05-29-2005, 02:58 AM
I shave about twice a week, because shaving is annoying, but facial hair gets annoying after a certain (very short) length. <A href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/eestlinc/JaneyandBrendanBarHumbug.jpg>I had a goatee once, though.</a>eest, goatee does not suit you:(Looks fine to me, in that photo. And so does she;)
seriously.

Jebus
05-29-2005, 05:38 AM
I just have a short goatee. I think it looks good.

Wish I had a picture of it though. :/