PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Audio from Video?

I_Am_Ashe
05-29-2005, 06:31 AM
Does anybody know how to rip the audio from a quicktime video? I am not doing this for illegal reasons. The thing is, my computer doesn't have a sound card so I can't hear the sounds of this Advent Children trailerI want to watch. So, I want to rip the audio from the video, put it in my iPod and play it while watching the video :P

Sounds stupid, I know, but does anyone know how to do it? Please help! I really want to hear the sounds!!

rubah
05-29-2005, 07:13 AM
you could use the thing that kane pointed out at some point, of recording the input from the stereo source, but I dunno how that works when you have a broken soundcard.

I_Am_Ashe
05-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Is there any program that can record sound made by the computer? The only part of my soundcard that is broken is the one that connects with the speaker, I think the other components are all right? What's the thing that kane pointed out?

Endless
05-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Start > run > sndrec32 if you don't feel like finding some better audio recording program. You'll have to hit record a few times so that it allows you to record long enough, and it will let you save as a .wav

crono_logical
05-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Does that work though if there's no sound card in the computer to record from, even if you're recording from wave out? :p

Assuming mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html) can play the file though (look under Windows Releases to download it), you can use that to play the file and save the audio to disk at the same time :p Being command line based though, it's not that easy to do :D

I_Am_Ashe
05-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks so much for the help everyone! Rion was so nice that he gave me the file!! Thanks again everyone!! :D