PDA

View Full Version : screen capturing programes

Drift
05-29-2005, 10:27 AM
hi, i was wondering if DivX allowed you to screen cap videos, since windows media player doesnt save the frame. thanks :)

Croyles
06-01-2005, 02:30 AM
yeah i want to know the same thing.

sorry if i got you excited about having a reply :P

Sepho
06-01-2005, 02:53 AM
I don't have a real answer to your question, but if you're trying to <font face="Console" size="3">prt scr</font> during a stream in Media Player, try going into the options and turning the Video Acceleration all the way down.

Options -> Performance -> Video Acceleration.

Slide it all the way to the left (None). You may now see a frame when you Paste into an image editing application instead of the stream. Sometimes it works for me, and sometimes it doesn't. Still, it's worth a shot.

crono_logical
06-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Get VirtualDub. (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.6.6.zip?download) Open video file with it. Find frame of video you want. Copy :p No messing about with your video card settings making it run like a card from 10 years ago :p

Shlup
06-01-2005, 11:03 AM
I use ViPlay for screenshots.

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 01:24 PM
You want screenshots of windows media player?
Set it too Full screen and press 'Print screen Sys Rq' then Paste it on microsoft word

Shoeberto
06-01-2005, 08:28 PM
That doesn't work unless you turn hardware acceleration off. Hardware acceleration draws all the video on a seperate layer to increase speed and effeciency, and normal screen capturing doesn't have the capability of capturing what's drawn on the other layer.

Drift
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Get VirtualDub. (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.6.6.zip?download) Open video file with it. Find frame of video you want. Copy :p No messing about with your video card settings making it run like a card from 10 years ago :p

I don't know how to use it Cl_out TEACH ME L33t MASTER! PLEASE! Thanks ^_^

Lionx
06-24-2005, 12:29 PM
I dont know, all i do use virtual dub for is to play movies that i recorded using Fraps on FFXI. Then try to save it as an Avi...which will crompress a 1GBish movie of me killing something, into 100ish MB Avi file. Try messing with the Avi function.

rubah
06-24-2005, 09:39 PM

But then you loose teh cool effects from winamp trying miserably to display the in the proper color space!

like everything being red instead of green. it's rather prettyX.x;

Kakashi509
07-01-2005, 05:45 PM
If you have DivX player and Windows XP you can go into Windows movie maker upload the episode or movie and click the clip with the picture you want on the play screen theres 2 buttons 1 is a camera the other is to split the clip in half what you do is pause it of what you want the pic of and click the camera button. I suggest virtual Dub personaly though