PDA

View Full Version : Whats Chrono Cross about?

Destai
05-29-2005, 06:01 PM
:?

Shoeberto
05-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Alternate universes split by some super computer. I didn't really understand it myself. Play Chrono Trigger instead.

Destai
05-29-2005, 07:49 PM
By super computer do you mean the frozen flame?

Shoeberto
05-29-2005, 08:16 PM
There was something about a big computer in there somewhere.

Levian
05-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Yes, different parallell worlds and travelling between them and fixing stuff and meeting lots of people so they can join your party and leave your party over and over again. Oh, and the main character has blue hair. :cool:

Khimbar2775
06-28-2005, 04:01 AM
with really big eyes, and when he isnt talking, his mouth its really small, but when he does, itys redicoulusly huge! :D But some average joe teenager finds a rift in the fabric of the universe and is transported to a second reality without his existance and he hops back and forht to save humanity.

Archer
07-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Well its like this you the main character cheated his fate... he was sopposed to die. becouse of that history gets messed up cuz he was supposed to die but he didnt so he is still alive to save the world . thats it in a really smallnut shell. if you played the game you know there is a lot more to it then that but thats the basic idea.

Prancing Mad
07-16-2005, 03:19 AM
I suggest playing the game again and taking your time. I can't remember all the details myself, but i know there were points in the game where I literally outloud said, " that's cool!" lol. And i understood the whole thing when i took my time. And make sure you get the best ending by freeing Marle. It won't take as long the second time thanks to the ol' time egg thing.

Destai
07-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I suggest playing the game again and taking your time. I can't remember all the details myself, but i know there were points in the game where I literally outloud said, " that's cool!" lol. And i understood the whole thing when i took my time. And make sure you get the best ending by freeing Marle. It won't take as long the second time thanks to the ol' time egg thing.I cant play it, its not out in Europe. And do you mean Harle? Or is Marle really in it? (if she is please do tell)

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-16-2005, 02:50 PM
oh. that sucks, being in europe an all, not that europe sucks, but chrono cross is great. and i agree, take your time with the game and youll love it. maybe try getting it on ebay or something? i got mine from amazon.com

Destai
07-16-2005, 03:04 PM
oh. that sucks, being in europe an all, not that europe sucks, but chrono cross is great. and i agree, take your time with the game and youll love it. maybe try getting it on ebay or something? i got mine from amazon.comId have done that long ago if it would work :p Id need to have a chip put in my playstation to make american games (Ntsc) work on my european (pal) system which can damage your PS2.Hopefully one day PS1 games will be downloadable as easily as Snes games. thats how I played Chrono Trigger.

TurkSlayer
07-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Marle's in the game, but not until the very end.

Destai
07-16-2005, 04:54 PM
What is she doing in the game exactly? Whats her role? Are there any pictures or screenshots?

TurkSlayer
07-16-2005, 04:57 PM
What is she doing in the game exactly? Whats her role? Are there any pictures or screenshots?

Like I said, its been a long time since I played the game, and its a pretty confusing game. I believe she had something to do with Kid's origin, and in the very end you have to Rescue her in the final battle with Lavos... Or was it Lavos spawn?

Masamune·1600
07-16-2005, 06:48 PM
That's not Marle at the end; it's Schala. After Crono and his time-travelling companions dispatched Lavos at the end of CT, the alien being wound up in the Darkness Beyond Time, arguably a resting place for dead timelines. In the original timeline, Schala was able to escape the Ocean Palace disaster, but, when time was rewritten by Crono and the gang, the situation changed. Apparently, Schala was thrown through a Gate and also wound up in the Darkness Beyond Time, where she merged with Lavos to become a new, more powerful entity known as the Time Devourer. Before losing all control to the Time Devourer, Schala managed to send a clone of herself, Kid, through to the world, in the hopes that Kid might one day help save her from her fate, and the world from the Time Devourer. Kid was discovered by Lucca, who had opened the orphanage. Later on, the Time Devourer would also engulf the Dragon God, essentially a biological machine built by the Reptites (who evolved to the Dragonians) in their Timeline.

Marle does make a brief appearance in CC; an apparition of her appears before Serge and company take on the Time Devourer in the Darkness Beyond Time.

I'll try to write a summary of CC later; I don't have time at the moment.

Destai
07-16-2005, 07:04 PM
That's not Marle at the end; it's Schala. After Crono and his time-travelling companions dispatched Lavos at the end of CT, the alien being wound up in the Darkness Beyond Time, arguably a resting place for dead timelines. In the original timeline, Schala was able to escape the Ocean Palace disaster, but, when time was rewritten by Crono and the gang, the situation changed. Apparently, Schala was thrown through a Gate and also wound up in the Darkness Beyond Time, where she merged with Lavos to become a new, more powerful entity known as the Time Devourer. Before losing all control to the Time Devourer, Schala managed to send a clone of herself, Kid, through to the world, in the hopes that Kid might one day help save her from her fate, and the world from the Time Devourer. Kid was discovered by Lucca, who had opened the orphanage. Later on, the Time Devourer would also engulf the Dragon God, essentially a biological machine built by the Reptites (who evolved to the Dragonians) in their Timeline.

Marle does make a brief appearance in CC; an apparition of her appears before Serge and company take on the Time Devourer in the Darkness Beyond Time.

I'll try to write a summary of CC later; I don't have time at the moment.Ah yes Ive downloaded FMVs of the Time devourer and Schala and Squall of SeeD answered a few of my questions about her in a pm. Thats given me a good idea of the plot of CC, thanks.

Daryl
07-17-2005, 03:01 AM
with really big eyes, and when he isnt talking, his mouth its really small, but when he does, itys redicoulusly huge!

I love you.

Chrono Cross has an intricate enough storyline that I'd recommend playing it to learn it, really. Though others have posted some pretty good summaries.

FranXII
07-29-2005, 02:50 AM
Chrono Cross is about a boy named serge. He lives a happy life in his time but as he does an arrond for his friend he was in a different world. He tries to figure out what went wrong and went to his village but everybody says he died and his friend he had to do an arrond for doesn't think he's serge and tells him to see his grave at a cape. Then As he goes there and finds out he's dead. Then runs into these Knights known as the Aciada
Dragoons and challenge him for a fight. Then a girl comes and helps him and if you don't die in the battle the journey begins.

The Unknown Guru
07-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Yes! I finally know what the hey happened to Schala! Thank you, Masamune!!!

G SpOtZ
08-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Guys and girls, i found this huge thing on GameFAQS... it's under Crono Cross faqs and guides, and it's this post called "Story Guide." some guys (i'm not included in it at all) got really really technical and scientific with it, and there's this huuuuge story/explaination of how chrono trigger fits in with chrono cross and gets really really into detail. i guess a lot of it is based on theories but it's hella interesting and kinda makes ur head hurt >< lol. anyways u can check it out if u want, n i dunno if i'm supposed to advertise those type of things but i did, haha, and it's just there if anybody wants to really really get into the story of chrono cross

Destai
08-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Guys and girls, i found this huge thing on GameFAQS... it's under Crono Cross faqs and guides, and it's this post called "Story Guide." some guys (i'm not included in it at all) got really really technical and scientific with it, and there's this huuuuge story/explaination of how chrono trigger fits in with chrono cross and gets really really into detail. i guess a lot of it is based on theories but it's hella interesting and kinda makes ur head hurt >< lol. anyways u can check it out if u want, n i dunno if i'm supposed to advertise those type of things but i did, haha, and it's just there if anybody wants to really really get into the story of chrono crossDo you have a link to the site by any chance?

G SpOtZ
08-01-2005, 11:04 PM
yeah, actually i do haha... but watch out, it's freaking long and confusing, i skipped through some parts of the chrono trigger story/explaination because they used too many big words and stuff hahah -.-;;

anyways, here it is:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/chrono_cross_story.txt

Discord
08-13-2005, 05:47 PM
oh. that sucks, being in europe an all, not that europe sucks, but chrono cross is great. and i agree, take your time with the game and youll love it. maybe try getting it on ebay or something? i got mine from amazon.comId have done that long ago if it would work :p Id need to have a chip put in my playstation to make american games (Ntsc) work on my european (pal) system which can damage your PS2.Hopefully one day PS1 games will be downloadable as easily as Snes games. thats how I played Chrono Trigger.

Actually there's a way to play it europe. I ordered CC from the states with NTSC coding just few days ago after I found a web page where you can download a page that changes NTSC to PAL. Well, apparently you get the game, make an image of it on your PC, patch it and burn it as a new CD. I hope it works... otherways I'll have to enjoy it in black&white :tonberry:

auronfan1
08-18-2005, 12:23 AM
yea i like going back and forth your world and other i like the cut video