PDA

View Full Version : Need to Know

Khimbar
05-29-2005, 11:29 PM
A friend of mine went through the game another time, and he told me he found two extraordinary accessories. one that nullified ALL PHYSICAL attacks and another one that nullified ALL MAGICAL attacks. He cant remember the magic one, but he thinks the physical one is called Knights of the Order.

They were allegedly found in the Ancient Forest. The Physical accessory he recalls was found when he accidently got launched from the Venus Fly-trap and into the Tree Stump with a huge hole in it.

Can anybody out there coonfirm there items for me?

Levian
05-29-2005, 11:52 PM
No. :roll:

-N-
05-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Shenanigans. Steal his memory card or call him a liar.

boys from the dwarf
05-30-2005, 09:32 AM
nick his memory card then wipe it if he lied. keeheehee!

Captain Maxx Power
05-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Kick him in the nuts for such a terrible lie. Next he'll tell you you can revive Bugenhagen.

Khimbar
05-30-2005, 08:33 PM
I love all the positive feedback to by question. Another question i was curious about was: According to the "Unofficial FFVII Strategy Guide" (And that was official. It has a black cover, it really exists, trust me) it said that in Corel Prison, does everybody remember the pit with an empty chest you have to climb down to get? well that book said you can get into a random battle with either 2 or 4 (i cant remember) monsters that give you mad exp/AP/etc. (cant rememberr that either) but the OIfficial (the white one) never mentions this. Anybody have an opinion?

Masamune·1600
05-31-2005, 06:52 AM
To reply to first question, it seems your friend is confusing his outlandish FFVII rumors. While there is a "Knights of the Order" (Or, rather, Knights of a Higher Order) rumor, it is usually the name for an upgraded KotR. Obviously, neither the upgraded summon, nor the accessories in question, nor anything with the name "Knights of the Order" actually exists in FFVII.

The only ways to obtain any sort of physical or magical immunity in FFVII are via Aeris' Planet Protector and Great Gospel Limit Breaks (each of which conveys temporary invincibility on the party) and the spell Shield (which adds temporary physical invulnerability, along with full elemental absorption). If the rumor had any truth to it, there would likely be an accessory which automatically sets a character in Shield. However, this does not exist; the closest thing would be a Protect Ring, which grants the equipped character Barrier and MBarrier at the beginning of battle.

As to the second question, it's simply another rumor. Supposedly, one can fight a doglike monster (or monsters, or boss, depending on the version of the rumor) in the well in the Desert Prison. This monster is known as "Test 0" or "Test Zero." Most variations on the rumor maintain that Test 0 was a monster used in early versions of FFVII for debugging purposes. Occasionally, however, it could be encountered in the well as a glitch. However, even if one accepts this glitch as having actually occurred, all versions of the rumor state that it only occurred in the original Japanese version of FFVII, and was corrected in all subsequent releases. While I can't personally invalidate the idea that Test 0 may have occurred in the Japanese version as a glitch, even there it was not an intended enemy. In any case, it has no bearing on later editions of the game.

Khimbar
06-01-2005, 04:43 PM
well thank you very much. I appreciate it...

Del Murder
06-04-2005, 08:51 AM
So, have you lynched your friend yet? We demand blood.