PDA

View Full Version : ePSXe anyone?

ezzarian
05-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Hi guys! I'm new here and am one of the poor ones around here so I know how it feels to not own a Playstation! Does anybody want a Playstation emulator? I f you want it just give me a holler!

Levian
05-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Yep, it's a nice option. I prefer to play on a playstation though, but since I live in PAL, I can't play NTSC games, so I use epsxe for NTSC games like Chrono Cross and Clock Tower 2. :)

DMKA
05-30-2005, 12:21 PM
I could never figure out how to make it work.

Shoeberto
05-30-2005, 06:55 PM
ePSXe is wonderful, but I always hated having to play with the configs forever anytime I switched games to get best quality. There is a certain level of convenience, though, of being able to play games whenever you're just sitting in front of a computer.

Seifer
05-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I have ePSXe...but I have one problem. FMVs lag to about 15 fps and I can't figure it out. It makes getting through a game like any of the Final Fantasies on the PSX really hard because most of them don't have an option to skip the FMV, and unlike playing it on the PSX, you can't open up the drive to skip it, because then you won't be able to get back into the game.

I've noticed this problem while trying to view .str files and .mov files with PSmplay too. I can't really figure out why FMVs suck so much. I'm going to try making an ISO from one of the CDs and see if it's just my drive having trouble reading.

Other than that, I really like prefer playing all the PSX Final Fantasys on an emulator as opposed to the console, because the graphics look so much better when you view them on a computer monitor. You don't get those crappy scanlines (unless you want them) and blur effect that a tube gives off. Of course, there are still a lot of games that don't work well on the emulator. That's why I still have use for the console. The sound isn't the most accurate thing in the world either.

Maxico
05-30-2005, 07:54 PM
There is a certain level of convenience, though, of being able to play games whenever you're just sitting in front of a computer.

You know you can buy games that do that without an emulator...

Rainecloud
05-30-2005, 08:11 PM
No thanks; I already have a Playstation. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/elenquende/welcometoeoff.jpg

Shoeberto
05-30-2005, 08:11 PM
There is a certain level of convenience, though, of being able to play games whenever you're just sitting in front of a computer.

You know you can buy games that do that without an emulator...
Okay, you caught me on a technicality there. There's a level of convenience in being able to play console games whenever you're sitting in front of a computer. Better? :)

KoShiatar
05-30-2005, 08:34 PM
There are a lot of people that know and appreciate Epsxe here, me included.
I'm looking for a good playstation emulator for Macintosh as well, can anyone help me?

Maxico
05-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Okay, you caught me on a technicality there. There's a level of convenience in being able to play console games whenever you're sitting in front of a computer. Better? :)

Much :p

-N-
05-30-2005, 10:53 PM
The only problem I have with ePSXe is that FMVs are sometimes played without sound. :(

DMKA
05-30-2005, 10:59 PM
I have ePSXe...but I have one problem. FMVs lag to about 15 fps and I can't figure it out.
All the PS1 Final Fantasy FMVs except FFIV run at 15FPS normally...that's what they were made to run at.

Hawkeye
05-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Too many plugins, confusing for me

Levian
05-30-2005, 11:34 PM
There are three plugins. Download -> unzip -> put in the plugins folder. -> configure

Shouldn't be too hard. :cool:

Samuraid
05-31-2005, 06:59 AM
ePSXe is excellent! The only one I like better is CVGS, but it's not free and no longer available.

Meat Puppet
05-31-2005, 08:15 AM
cloud's body is invisible and I can only see his eyes :(

DMKA
05-31-2005, 12:15 PM
ePSXe is excellent! The only one I like better is CVGS, but it's not free and no longer available.
You mean someone has the nerve to charge for an emulator? WTF?

Dreddz
05-31-2005, 01:40 PM
, so I use epsxe for NTSC games like Chrono Cross and Clock Tower 2. :)

How, what is a epsxe ?
I live in UK and have not yet played Chrono cross !

Levian
05-31-2005, 02:02 PM
, so I use epsxe for NTSC games like Chrono Cross and Clock Tower 2. :)

How, what is a epsxe ?
I live in UK and have not yet played Chrono cross !

epsxe is a program that can be used to play PSX games on the computer. However, you're going to have to download the game somewhere off of the internet.

Google for epsxe to find epsxe
Google for mininova to find a place to download Chrono Cross. :cool:

Dreddz
05-31-2005, 02:32 PM
thx m8

Shoeberto
05-31-2005, 08:27 PM
You mean someone has the nerve to charge for an emulator? WTF?
You've obviously never heard of Bleem.

Skogs
05-31-2005, 11:12 PM
There's a pretty good tutorial for getting ePSXe set up on its web site. I'm no expert in such matters, but I managed it ok.