PDA

View Full Version : Question

h0rr0r
05-30-2005, 05:20 PM
I have sent one of my clan members on a dispatch mission and she fails it, so i was wondering, if i kept on restarting, would i eventually do the mission or would it always fail?

Xalioniaf
05-30-2005, 07:07 PM
depends. Did you check what they did when you were selecting a mission? When choosing a clan memmber to dispatch, wait about a second after highlighting them.One of three things will happen to them. If they jump with their arms raised, then they will most likely succeed. If they just walk in place, there's a normal chance they'll succeed. If they kneel on the ground, they will most likely fail that mission. If you don't remember, just let your clanner fail, and look for the mission another time.

omnitarian
05-31-2005, 09:22 PM
No matter how weak the character is, there will always be a chance for them to clear the mission. So yes, if a character fails a dispatch mission, you can send them back again and again, and they'll eventually clear it.

There is only one big exception to this rule: some dispatch missions have a hidden bit of code that completely prevents a certain job from clearing it. (This is different from the dispatch missions which require a certain job to accept.) For example, a Bishop will never be able to clear the mission 'Hundred eye'. There is no way to tell if a dispatch mission has this little rule.

But don't worry: as long as your character is walking or jumping when you choose them for a dispatch, they will always have a chance to clear it. And you can always just level them up and come back to the mission later.

P.S.: If you were asking if you could take a mission, save your game, finish the mission, re-open your save if you fail, repeat as many times as needed, and eventually clear the mission, the answer is almost certainly no. I would assume that the outcome of a dispatch is calculated the moment you accept it.

kriminal99
06-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Yeah hes right, you have to save before you accept the mission to get a chance for a different outcome by reloading.