PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell does the soldiers can make magic?

Abraxas
05-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm quite demanding in the logical development of stories.

If we can't make magic without junctioning a GF...
does that mean that every Galbadian and Esthar soldier that make magic have a junctioned GF?
That is weird.

I noticed that in the beginning the soldiers only attack phisically.
It would be better if they later, instead of using magic as a result of our higher level, made stronger physical attacks or enhanced weapons!

The Anarchy Angel
05-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Hmm, i think that they have some other form of GF that they use, but they don't junction directly to their magic...because their stats don't exactly seem to raise do they? They may just have some magic form of weapon that allows magic to junction to the weapon (an ff7 connection?).

Mercen-X
05-30-2005, 08:18 PM
The sorceress.

Abraxas
05-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Do you mean the sorceress gave them the power to do magic? That can be a possible reason, yes. Thank you.
Adel gave her powers to Esthar's soldiers, and Edea to Galbadian soldiers.
That may be.

The Anarchy Angel
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
But even before they were under the reign of Edea, they still had magic right? Or did they just not use it? I can't remember

boys from the dwarf
05-31-2005, 09:28 AM
my theorie is that i dont have a theorie so some one explain this please.actually i think they have a small amount of magic power but not as much as a sorceress and they used draw to get magic from the monsters. but how did the monsters get magic and how did whatever they got there magic from get magic? all i9 can can say realy is game programming.this is turning into one of the what came firdt the chicken or the egg things.

Ultima Shadow
05-31-2005, 12:03 PM
Monsters are super sexy, cool, awesome and magical beings... therefore they can use magic.

The Galbadian soldiers can use magic since they are cool guys who breaks the laws and do whatever they FEEL like! So basically... they don't care at all about the "laws of nature" and just use magic because they feel like doing so. :greenie:

DMKA
05-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Did it ever say they didn't have GFs? o_O

Zanius
05-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Well I have a theory. Not a brilliant one... but here it goes:

I think that the soldiers know to make magic because it's a military ability. They learn to fight, use weapons and to use magic.

Like the SeeDs who also learn the same abilities like magic as well. I could be wrong but the soldiers are also trained to learn magic...

What do you guys think, about that?

Drift
05-31-2005, 12:54 PM

i agree with that

boys from the dwarf
05-31-2005, 03:15 PM
It doesmt need to be explained. its only a game but still these explainations are interesting apart from saying monsters are sexy. that almost as wrong as that shake it aeris because.THAT SHAKE IT AERIS THING IS SO WRONG!

crazybayman
05-31-2005, 03:17 PM

I think that the soldiers know to make magic because it's a military ability. They learn to fight, use weapons and to use magic.

Like the SeeDs who also learn the same abilities like magic as well. I could be wrong but the soldiers are also trained to learn magic...

What do you guys think, about that?

Seeds junction GFs. That's why they can use magic. However its unknown if regular Galbadian and Esthar soldiers junction GFs, but unlikely that they do. I'd have to say they don't have GFs, but use magic through one of the sorceress', as mentioned earlier.

Abraxas
05-31-2005, 07:03 PM
I agree. Seeds are trained to use magic as well... but they can't use it unless they have a junctioned GF!
Unless the GFS can be taken from under every stone of the road (we saw that is not the case! Getting GF's is a hard task!), the soldiers have a special abbility that seeds don't have! That is not logical from me.
Soldiers shouldn't use magic. As I said before, the right way to improve their abbilities should be higher physical attacks or weapon enhancement.

Yuffie514
05-31-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm quite demanding in the logical development of stories.

If we can't make magic without junctioning a GF...
does that mean that every Galbadian and Esthar soldier that make magic have a junctioned GF?
That is weird.

I noticed that in the beginning the soldiers only attack phisically.
It would be better if they later, instead of using magic as a result of our higher level, made stronger physical attacks or enhanced weapons!

well, despite Edea's sorcery powers, she could already cast magic w/out a GF. if she can do it, any human can.

SeeDRankLou
05-31-2005, 10:33 PM
well, despite Edea's sorcery powers, she could already cast magic w/out a GF. if she can do it, any human can.
Edea, like all sorceresses, is infused with the portion of the Great Hyne, which is why she can use magic without a GF. Not all people have that power.

The only explaination I have is that is that equipping a GF is not the only way to use para-magic. Maybe it's their weapons or something.

Ultima Shadow
05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
THAT SHAKE IT AERIS THING IS SO WRONG!
But it's still awesome. :cool:

By the way... there's a lot of monsters that are extremly sexy! :love:

TheSpoonyBard
05-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Edea, like all sorceresses, is infused with the portion of the Great Dyne...
I believe it was the Great Hyne. Dyne was a character in FFVII :D

Here's my attempt at a theory. *Other FF Spoilers*

I think that the governing sorceress, be it Ultimecia, Edea or Adel, bestows the military with the power to cast magic, in much the same way as Celes and Kefka were infused with MagiTeck and Cloud and the rest of SOLDIER were infused with Mako and Jenova cells. It's just the leaders' way of making their forces more powerful and advantageous in battle.

Del Murder
06-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Perhaps there are a lot of smaller insignificant GFs that the soldiers use. We can't assume that the ones the pary receives are the only ones.

The Anarchy Angel
06-04-2005, 06:30 PM
But it says in the beginning that only Balamb Garden uses GF's

TheSpoonyBard
06-04-2005, 09:00 PM
During the rather dubious orphanage sequence it is revealed that Selphie once found a GF inside one of the monsters she defeated on a training mission and she junctioned it for a while. Does anyone know the name of this GF? It would seem that GFs can be found anywhere, so there is the possibility that a G-soldier found one and passed it round the barracks when he got home.

thinking of names is hard
06-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Maybe you dont HAVE to junction a GF to use magic...I think we may be over analysing this a bit but everyone seems to be assuming the ONLY way to use magic is to have a GF...
I just know somones going to prove me wrong but...

TheSpoonyBard
06-04-2005, 09:16 PM
You need to junction a GF in order to have Magic as an ability, with the exception of the sorceresses.

TasteyPies
06-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Perhaps there are a lot of smaller insignificant GFs that the soldiers use. We can't assume that the ones the pary receives are the only ones.

I remember Selphie speaking of finding a GF in a cave and junctioning it before she joined SeeD or Garden. This could support the theory that GFs are more mainstream in the culture then most of us think. Hey, if a little girl playing in a cave can get a GF why can't the Galbadian military?

Edit: Damnit Forest Owl

sayen
06-04-2005, 10:32 PM
i dont think that there needs to be a gf or sorcerus or hyne thingy to be involed when using magic as sefier used some magic in the operning move and the only time he gets GFs are when you can equip em to him and i dident bother as he uses fire type magic in his limt breack. my therory is that you need to draw magic from a monster to get the more powerfull stuff like meltdown but as the soldier seem to only be able to do the 4 basick spell fire,blizzard,thunder and cure that they use magic stones to invuse the magic into them and it levels up as the get more powerful as you can find and refine magic stones in the game this is a pritty plausable therioy. on and the game say selphie dosent rember the name of the GF only that she found one in a monster when at the orpanage.

TasteyPies
06-05-2005, 01:17 AM
i dont think that there needs to be a gf or sorcerus or hyne thingy to be involed when using magic as sefier used some magic in the operning move and the only time he gets GFs are when you can equip em to him and i dident bother as he uses fire type magic in his limt breack. my therory is that you need to draw magic from a monster to get the more powerfull stuff like meltdown but as the soldier seem to only be able to do the 4 basick spell fire,blizzard,thunder and cure that they use magic stones to invuse the magic into them and it levels up as the get more powerful as you can find and refine magic stones in the game this is a pritty plausable therioy. on and the game say selphie dosent rember the name of the GF only that she found one in a monster when at the orpanage.

Ok, so what gives magic stones their magical abilities? Materia is explained but not these "magic stones"

MushroomZOMBIE
06-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Maybe magic stones=Materia :p

thinking of names is hard
06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Your analysing this way too much. Maybe the square allowed soldiers to have magic because they wanted to make the game more enjoyable. Maybe they didnt notice this flaw in their script. If a theory as big as magic stones=materia is true...why didnt square put somthing as big as that in the game?

If you remmember in unalesca castle, you were allowed to use magic without gfs (or was it the other way round?)
If your going to look at this so deeply....is it possible to have a gf equipped to more than one person? If you remmember at the start of the game, Squall was the only one not to have ifrit as a gf in the garden. Does that mean that everyone else had the same gfs equipped as Squall?

Masamune·1600
06-05-2005, 08:18 PM
During the rather dubious orphanage sequence it is revealed that Selphie once found a GF inside one of the monsters she defeated on a training mission and she junctioned it for a while. Does anyone know the name of this GF?

The name of Selphie's GF is never revealed. I've always liked to think that it was the uncorrupted version of Tiamat.

As to the actual question of how soldiers can use magic, it's entirely possible that technology had reached the point where para-magic could be used outside of the context of junctioning with a Guardian Force. Recall that an anti-magic field had been placed around the cell that Quistis, Selphie, and Zell shared at the D-District Prison.

Quistis: It's no use. There seems to be an anti-magic field here.

Thus, it's possible that some artificial junctioning process could have been devised. Similarly, there could simply be some form of human-GF interaction of which the player is simply not aware. Whatever the case may be, it seems likely that an explanation of some sort could be reached.

Iceglow
06-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Ok wow it's been awhile since I posted on these boards but here's something (seeing as I have 3 files all over 400 hours each on FFVIII)

In the Dollet mission buildup/aftermath or the Orphanage/Trabia garden scenes theres a point where quite clearly Squall/Quistis states that, whilst SeeD are the only ones to use GFs to Junction magic there are other ways of Junctioning. Now Doc Odine in Esthar makes a machine that Junctions Ellones innate magical power to travel time well whats saying that the Gabaldians and the Estharian's use similar machines to junction magic without the problem of (1) Accquiring a GF and (2) only a few elites having access to them. Now if there were many GFs in the world then maybe that could be explained but the Soldiers of Esthar or Gabaldia never Draw magic from their enemies therefore I believe that there are many Junction machines in the world that allow the Junctioning of magic to the soldier in question.

Second thing that supports this theory is the simple fact that other than Laguna, Kiros and Ward the Gabaldian and Estharian soldiers suck and probably couldn't Draw magic in battle unless they had atleast 10 in battle and 9 of them would die.

boys from the dwarf
06-17-2005, 04:51 PM
if you remember the gut in zells hometown says about the legend of hyne and his magic was released so sorceresses have large quantitys of hyne power and monsters have small amounts of his power.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
08-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Before I start, I would like to let everyone know that it has been a long time since I played the game so I apologize and concede about Balamb Garden is where SeeDs are trained/graduated. I think I understand now... Understand I'm proving anything, I'm just sharing what I believe because it made it more fun as I drudged through this game... Making feel a 'part' of it, y'know? Kinda like sharing my summer vacation through story because you weren't there.

I believe that Para-Magic is the manipulation of various ambient energies. Just like scientists, SeeDs study the molecular make up of these energies and use them to various effects such as 1 part Oxygen and 2 parts Hydrogen make up water which both are ambient even within our own world. Just like the X-Man "Iceman" can not make ice without moisture and fellow X-Man "Storm" manipulates weather she can not create weather and must have suffient elements for the desired effects.

I believe this works also with the SeeDs. Fire, is basically the heat air, which can be made by friction and feed off ambient air. Hence the brief plume of fire.

I also believe that SeeDs are highly trained telepaths and telekinetics. Hence Protect, and Float for example involves telekenisis; while Quake, Shell involve telepathy.

I believe that Para-Magic is an natural ability among all characters of FFVIII. For me this explains the use of Para-Magic by Rinoa, Irvine, Galbadian Soldiers, and Monsters.

I think that the Draw/Cast method is how Para-Magic works with non-junctioned beings because some enemies do draw from the player characters (PC), if I remember correctly.

Aight lemme put it like this... When you're fighting you have the option to draw, stock, and cast.

If you choose an enemy and you'll see there are a number of spells you can either draw, stock, or immediately Cast at that enemy...

That's how I see the Galbadian Soldier side of the battle. Their just casting whatever they can on from the SeeDs and ambient energies... That's it. Now, I know this has as much support as the JME, but just sharing a viewpoint.

Qurange
08-06-2006, 11:20 PM
I'd have to go with my theory in my post on 'A simple and easy theory', that, as also indicated above, there are 'junction machines' that are used independent of GF Junctioning.

Psychotic
08-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Threads from Page 3 = old.