PDA

View Full Version : A world of slogans and catch-phrases.

Agent Proto
05-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Stop. Think small. Everywhere you look, you're going to read or hear a slogan or catch-phrase. If you think about it, it's everywhere. You know? It's everywhere you want to be. But in this thread, you can have it your way. However, just don't leave home without it. Be all you can be, and think different, because nothing runs like a Deere. When you care enough to send the very best, let your fingers do the walking. And don't get mad, get glad, because you can't have the breakfast of champions. Celebrate the moments of your life. Double your pleasure, double your fun, because it's good to the last drop.

Ah, how I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener, so I can buy the world a Coke, because it's the real thing. M'm, m'm, good! Just be sure that you don't run for the border, because the King of Beers doesn't want you to. However, if you must, just do it. It is an American revolution when you're in good hands. Get the feeling? It's all inside the spirit of American style. Yeah, it's kinda like that. However, just be you, and obey your thirst.

D'oh! With all these slogans, you can't forget about pop culture. But I'll just leave that all to you.

Seacrest out!

(p.s. can you identify the slogans in this post? Also, when you reply, make sure you slip in a slogan or catch-phrase in your post.)

Matth
05-30-2005, 10:53 PM
"just do it" ==> Nike ? :love:
But do it... do it... DO IT IN HUGGIES !

Yamaneko
05-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Why would I want to do that?

Hawkeye
05-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Yay! Im a big kid now, because Diet Dr Pepper makes the world taste better, so have it your way!

Eat fresh!

Zeldy
05-30-2005, 11:08 PM
I can do it too, with Kandoo! :D
Sh'lurple the Purple

-N-
05-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Your thread title made me think of Saul Williams's spoken word portion in Blackalicious's song "Release" off their album "Blazing Arrow". An excerpt below.

These tools are not words of communication
They are shards of metal
Dropped
From eight story windows
They are waterfalls and gas leaks
Aged thoughts rolled in tobacco leaf
The tools of a trade
Barbers barred, barred from barters
Catch phrases, and misunderstandings
But they are not what I feel when I am alone
Surrounded by everything and nothing
And there isn't a word of phrase to be caught
A verse to be recited
A mantra to fill my being
I am a blankness, the contained center of an O
The pyramidic containment of an A...

Arrow!

Chibi_Aerith_Chan
05-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Always Coca-Cola!!

Well tachnically not always because alot of people like Pepsi.. and Pepsi is just like Cola but... I will shut up now lol ^^

(its actually hard to think of them right now...umm...)

DR PEPPER WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?

Aero Have you felt the bubbles melt?
(is that one?..O.o)

Peperami, it's a bit of an animal lol

Mo-Nercy
05-31-2005, 05:11 AM
Slogans and catch-phrases are everywhere these days. You really can't go anywhere anymore without bumping into one. Even right now, I'm sitting in my school library and there's a sign on the wall that reads "You are being watched" with Big Brother eyes looking down on me, implying there are cameras installed.

But it hasn't gotton to the point where I hate them. In fact, I quite enjoy quoting random catch phrases or slogans whenever I deem them appropriate. It's great for lightening up a conversation or just starting one. I'm lovin' it.

The Anarchy Angel
05-31-2005, 08:40 PM
I often go beyond quoting to reciting an entire advertisment, becasue I'm annoying like that...my friends don't seem to mind

Jess
05-31-2005, 09:13 PM
For everything else theres mastercard.

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Its a mini adventure :fpton:

The Anarchy Angel
05-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey dad, gimmie back the phone!

Skogs
05-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Every little helps!

Maxico
05-31-2005, 11:29 PM

Am I the only person who finds the kandoo frog more disturbing the the Crazy bading Frog?
http://usera.imagecave.com/rmilliken439/frog.jpg
He looks a little TOO happy about that.

Zeldy
05-31-2005, 11:32 PM

Am I the only person who finds the kandoo frog more disturbing the the Crazy bading Frog?
http://usera.imagecave.com/rmilliken439/frog.jpg
He looks a little TOO happy about that.

XD
Im gonna think of that everytime i see one of those adverts -_-

More reasons to shop at Morrisons!