PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Darko

GooeyToast
05-31-2005, 12:53 AM
Anyone remember this cult-classic?

It came out in 2001, and nobody really took notice (mostly because of small screenings). In fact, it grossed less than a million dollars at the box office. But, although there's a lot of people that haven't heard of this movie, I feel it's one of the best movies of the last 4 years.

First off, the atmosphere this movie creates is astounding. The characters all feel incredibly real, especially Donnie (Jake Gyllanhal). the way he portrays him, is just.......incredible. It really is.

And even though the characetrs and stting are terrific, a great movie needs a great story, which Donnie Darko delivers in every aspect. The story is one of the best you'll find in cinema. Simpy put. It's almost impossible to classify this movie, simply becasue of its originality. Easliy one of the most original films in years.

Now, the story..........don't even get me started on the story. The main story (although INCREDIBLY complex) is about a young brilliant, and scitzophrenic teen who is visited by a demonic rabbit, who tells him the world will end in a matter of days (and hours, and minutes, and seconds). Then the story spirals into the question of life itself, and time-travel. The main question of this movie really is, "Do we all die alone"? Seriously, you'll be deep in thought long after this movie is over, and you'll really sit back & think of how many of life's questions this movie well......questions.

Also, the music is incredible too. It's a mix of 80s techno 9movie takes place in 1988) and classical music & melodies, written by Michael Andrews.

So, if you feel you're up to the task of watching all that is great about "Donnie Darko", you might never look at the world the same way again.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-31-2005, 01:02 AM
If Donnie Darko were half as obscure as you think it is, this would really be a service. I mean that and I appreciate it. It's just that everyone already knows <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=61729">what Donnie Darko is</a>.