PDA

View Full Version : FF:CC or...Seiken Densetsu 5?

Demi_Thray
05-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Ok, this is just a speculation I've had for a really long time about this game. Yes I have played it and beaten it, but it's so hard for me to accept this game as a Final Fantasy.

Anyway I figure that this game was probably supposed to be another Secret of mana. I don't have any real direct hardcore proof but just look at it like this:

All Secret of mana themes have always had the theme of mana (or the world's source of energy). And clearly in FF:CC the Myrrh (or whatever it's called) that is produced by trees is simply another term for mana.
Another big thing to notice is how the game is real time (like the other Seiken Densetsu games ALTHOUGH I'm not sure about SD1). It really didn't have many 'final fantasy' themes, well it had mogs, but mogs were from Seiken Densetsu anyway.

So I know what some of you may be thinking; if this WAS supposed to be another Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu then why was it changed to Final Fantasy. But wait a minute...think of it like this.

Square releases a Secret of mana on the Nintendo Gamecube! Or...wait...no...how about...

Square releases a FINAL FANTASY on the Nintendo Gamecube!

Square is clearly just using the title to manipulate the buyer, and hell it got me.

Anyway what do you people here think about this?

omnitarian
05-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't think so. The only real semblance FF:CC has to Secret of Mana is the real-time battles. If that's the case, we can also question if Quest was going to release a new Tactics Ogre, but instead chose to team up with Square to make Final Fantasy Tactics.