PDA

View Full Version : Job combos

Carl the Llama
05-31-2005, 03:29 AM
what do you think is the best job combo's for all the jobs? if you could do lvl aswell id be greatful

Ouch!
05-31-2005, 03:47 AM
Warrior:
WAR/MNK, WAR/NIN

Thief:
THF/WAR, THF/MNK (both early on), THF/RNG, THF/NIN

Monk:
MNK/WAR

White Mage:
WHM/BLM, WHM/SMN (for auto-refresh)

Black Mage:
BLM/WHM

Red Mage:
RDM/BLM, RDM/WHM

Paladin:
PLD/WAR

Dark Knight:
DRK/WAR, DRK/THF, DRK/SAM (sometimes)

Ranger:
RNG/WAR, RNG/NIN, RNG/THF

Beastmaster:
BST/WHM

Bard:
BRD/WHM

Ninja:
NIN/WAR

Samurai:
SAM/WAR, SAM/RNG

Dragoon:
DRG/WAR, DRG/SAM (maybe?)

Summoner:
SMN/WHM

Lionx
05-31-2005, 03:58 AM
It really depends...i wont go into ballista as that is a entirely different ballgame there. General subs for farming are THF or WHM, however theres different ways of doing those as well.

-WAR/MNK is good as a standard tank up until the 60s.
-WAR/NIN is a good standard tank around lvl 51 especially combined with a BRD and they can do decent damage after 40 with a Dual Wield upgrade. Can tank HNMs
-WAR/THF is a good skillchain closer.
-WAR/SAM under certain situations can do good damage especially on lvl 75 parties where you spam WSs and move constantly.
-WAR/RNG is great lvl 30-50ish with Acc up.

-MNK/WAR is the best damage in a exp party
-MNK/WHM vs certain HNMs are great

-THF/WAR is good through all levels
-THF/NIN is great past 24
-THF/MNK before 33.

-WHM/BLM is the standard sub and is great through all levels
-WHM/SMN is a good sub post 50 with Auto Refresh and in HNM fights.
-WHM/RDM is good under 30 and good after 66 for Dispel when you dont have a Dispeller
-WHM/BRD is good after 50 with Ballad when theres no BRD in your party.

-RDM/WHM is accepted as a main healer when theres no WHM or SMN/WHM
-RDM/BLM is an accepted sub for most situations with a WHM or a main healer when you need to focus more on MBs and enfeebling.
-RDM/RNG is a good solo tatic or ballista
-RDM/SMN is...soso not that great, where it has in MP it lacks in abilities and spells
-RDM/BRD is good for fast chaining parties and when you got other mages to pick up where you lack.
-RDM/WAR great for certain BCNM fights, not exp though
-RDM/DRK for Stun in HNM fights

-BLM/WHM is the most recommended sub and most beneficial to the party
-BLM/RDM is good for soloing elementals once Phalanx is acquired and is good for Dispel after 66.
-BLM/SMN is good only for HNM fights but bad for exp parties.
-BLM/NIN is good for Dynamis only.

-PLD/WAR ALWAYS needed in exp party.
-PLD/NIN for certain BCNM fights and ballista

-DRK/WAR under 60 for good damage
-DRK/THF over 60 to avoid death
-DRK/WHM on valkurm dunes to help heal only.

-BST/WHM is a must for solo however they are free to sub whatever they like.

-SAM/WAR is a great damage dealer throughout most levels over time.
-SAM/THF is a great weapon skill closer especially at higher levels and when you load up on STR.
-SAM/RNG is good if you have capped archery and enough ranged accuracy along with good ammo although it might be very hard to hit some things at higher levels.

-RNG/WAR is accepted as a power hitter however they rarely use their power all the way because DEF is paper thin. However its still not a bad sub.
-RNG/NIN is preffered because dual wield is there along with Utsusemi to give tank time to take back hate

-NIN/WAR is a must for tanking
-NIN/RNG is good until the early 40s if you use Guns(expensive).
-NIN/BLM post 51 with Elemental Staves for each spell and will spam alot of powders to do damage(expensive...REALLY expensive).

-DRG/WAR is good throughout all levels.
-DRG/THF is good only as a weapon skill closer even though that is rare to see.

-SMN/WHM is a preffered sub because between bloodpacts healing is the best way to manage that time.
-SMN/RDM is an alternative espeically after 66, WHM is generally preffered though.

-BRD/WHM is preffered for same reason as SMN except that if you are done casting songs magic that is beneficial is helpful

lordblazer
05-31-2005, 04:48 AM
Yeah BRD/WHM is a good combo oyu can also do BRD/THF the only difference between the two combos are

BRD/WHM back p healer once done with songs(which is pretty tough sinc eoyu have to keep up with soungs and look at th mob's health to time hwen to do paeon then make sure the mages have ballad then you can backup heal.The big use for it is that if the PT goes into critical you can do something about it and Brds can take a little hate temp.)

BRD/THF(more loot,more gil from fights,a bit of less work on your behalf.People are too opinionated and think that BRD/WHM is a always and a must.I've seen 1 or 2 melee bards me being one but they rarely melee and Bards with this job combo tend to keep up with songs better.)

Simply put BRD/WHM and BRD?THF is beneficial for PTs depending on your PT combo.IF theres a BLM and a WHM then BRD/THF will be fine if you have some good DDs and a great tank!

IF you want back up healer in a PT due to having only one mage then PT leaders will look for BRD/WHM's for this purpose.
Most just go with the BRD/WHM combo but BRD/THF isn't a bad thing at all really contorl freaks or stuck up high lv 75 bards on another job tell you what to do.But over all whatever your job is you can sub it with anything you like.Some are effective than others but int he Bard's case really on emeans it can be helpful in rough times the other means you can get mor ebenefits in the timing of songs and the loot! and an extra DD (Sneak attack). witht he BRD/WHM thing in my opinion it takes the whole purpose and fun out of being a Bard(to play songs and give buffs.)

The players that said BRD should be BRD/WHM really werent bard's themselves probaly and just over zealious PT leaders trying to milk a person's jo out as much as they can.The thing with FF11 that irritates me is the fact that there are too many control freaks.Telling people how to play the game and blah blah blah.Really in my PTs any sub job is great as long as the sub job is at a reasonable lvl(doesnt have to be maxed out but should be atleast 5 levels below the max.When I think of WAR/WHM i think hmm? more hate.

Lionx
05-31-2005, 05:09 AM
I am sorry lordblazer but what you say is totally wrong and would be best classified as a n00b that refuses to learn. The subjob is there to reinforce your main job and help the party out in terms of exp.

Yeah BRD/WHM is a good combo oyu can also do BRD/THF the only difference between the two combos are

BRD/WHM back p healer once done with songs(which is pretty tough sinc eoyu have to keep up with soungs and look at th mob's health to time hwen to do paeon then make sure the mages have ballad then you can backup heal.The big use for it is that if the PT goes into critical you can do something about it and Brds can take a little hate temp.)

BRD/THF(more loot,more gil from fights,a bit of less work on your behalf.People are too opinionated and think that BRD/WHM is a always and a must.I've seen 1 or 2 melee bards me being one but they rarely melee and Bards with this job combo tend to keep up with songs better.)

I have absolutely no problem with keeping songs up along with healing. Many times i would heal after a song is done because it is needed. As well certain fights (vs goblins for example) would be in need of Bar-elemental spells and i would throw those up as well as curing status effects to help save MP from other mages (since BRD mp isnt as critical). Many a time the melee songs Madrigal and Minuet can be casted with reletive ease as well as Prelude. Ballad is an easy thing to do as well and after that? Either Requiem or Threnody and should there be recast timers healing would be a good way to spend your time.

THF would only benefit Gilfinder if you fight beastmen and you dont fight beastmen as often as we should. Loot also is moot in terms of exp parties, we are there for exp and not loot. What if theres another THF? You are just wasting potential. The reason is not to fit into your style but to fit into the parties to make it more efficient. /WHM helps the best whereas a /THF does nothing useful. Meleeing also give TP to the mob which depending on the weapon you use, will be the same you get back per hit +3TP and will make the monster fire off more specials. Now you are hindering the party. What would be more efficient? WHM or THF sub for exp? I am sure you can answer that.

Simply put BRD/WHM and BRD?THF is beneficial for PTs depending on your PT combo.IF theres a BLM and a WHM then BRD/THF will be fine if you have some good DDs and a great tank!

Ah now the party would be EVEN more beneficial with WHM sub if it was the best party isnt it? Of course it doesnt matter what you sub because BRDs get parties anyway regardless since they are not a dime a dozen. But i would invite a /WHM over /THF because i know that will give us less downtime.

BRD/WHM can never be backup healer and its never why we look for a BRD, its for the efficiency the BRD can give us and WHM sub will greatly help in that regard. BRD is all about oiling the gears, and WHM sub is just helping that.

And Sneak Attack for 10 dmg! >_> I am sure that helps...only gets worst as you get higher.

I am a BRD myself at least up to level 31ish and i know how the thing works. As a party leader its not about control freaks, its about the effiency and the benefit of you being the party and sometimes the right sub can either help or hinder the party, and as leader i must consider that when inviting every party member, and i call that responsible. There are overzealous leaders but they dont go beyond Kazham usually.

Oh yeah when i see WAR/WHM i think that they either lack knowledge of the game, read a bad strategy guide, are lazy, or are just trying to go against the "mold" because they can and have no regard to the party they are supposedly joining. A WAR/MNK can solidify hate in two provokes assuming nothing too extreme happens, WAR/MNK pwns all at lower levels and is defintely better than WAR/WHM...being WAR/MNK and having RNGs provoking and not taking hate off me when i am dying is enough to attest to that.

EDIT: But i disgress, sub whatever you want, its not anyone's fault but your own if you get less exp or hurt the party that way. By no means are job combinations totally rigid, however you must have reason that something like a WAR/SMN is totally stupid, compared to a BLM/WHM.

lordblazer
05-31-2005, 05:12 AM
I am sorry lordblazer but what you say is totally wrong and would be best classified as a n00b that refuses to learn. The subjob is there to reinforce your main job and help the party out in terms of exp.

I have absolutely no problem with keeping songs up along with healing. Many times i would heal after a song is done because it is needed. As well certain fights (vs goblins for example) would be in need of Bar-elemental spells and i would throw those up as well as curing status effects to help save MP from other mages (since BRD mp isnt as critical). Many a time the melee songs Madrigal and Minuet can be casted with reletive ease as well as Prelude. Ballad is an easy thing to do as well and after that? Either Requiem or Threnody and should there be recast timers healing would be a good way to spend your time.

THF would only benefit Gilfinder if you fight beastmen and you dont fight beastmen as often as we should. Loot also is moot in terms of exp parties, we are there for exp and not loot. What if theres another THF? You are just wasting potential. The reason is not to fit into your style but to fit into the parties to make it more efficient. /WHM helps the best whereas a /THF does nothing useful. Meleeing also give TP to the mob which depending on the weapon you use, will be the same you get back per hit +3TP and will make the monster fire off more specials. Now you are hindering the party. What would be more efficient? WHM or THF sub for exp? I am sure you can answer that.

Ah now the party would be EVEN more beneficial with WHM sub if it was the best party isnt it? Of course it doesnt matter what you sub because BRDs get parties anyway regardless since they are not a dime a dozen. But i would invite a /WHM over /THF because i know that will give us less downtime.

BRD/WHM can never be backup healer and its never why we look for a BRD, its for the efficiency the BRD can give us and WHM sub will greatly help in that regard. BRD is all about oiling the gears, and WHM sub is just helping that.

And Sneak Attack for 10 dmg! >_> I am sure that helps...only gets worst as you get higher.

I am a BRD myself at least up to level 31ish and i know how the thing works. As a party leader its not about control freaks, its about the effiency and the benefit of you being the party and sometimes the right sub can either help or hinder the party, and as leader i must consider that when inviting every party member, and i call that responsible. There are overzealous leaders but they dont go beyond Kazham usually.

Oh yeah when i see WAR/WHM i think that they either lack knowledge of the game, read a bad strategy guide, are lazy, or are just trying to go against the "mold" because they can and have no regard to the party they are supposedly joining. A WAR/MNK can solidify hate in two provokes assuming nothing too extreme happens, WAR/MNK pwns all at lower levels and is defintely better than WAR/WHM...being WAR/MNK and having RNGs provoking and not taking hate off me when i am dying is enough to attest to that.

EDIT: But i disgress, sub whatever you want, its not anyone's fault but your own if you get less exp or hurt the party that way.

Simply put My whole reason for my post above was to just say its your 12 bucks a month do whatever you like with it.

I don't mind being back up healer when i was doing BRD/THF (which i still kinda am).Mainly because i didnt have enough time to level my WHM from lvl one since i only get an hour of gameplay so really PTS or lvling for me is pretty much rare in my case.

BTW since i use a melee Bard i use a dagger that weakens the mob's defense. less down time more time to play songs lol.

Its personal preferance but with BRD/THF it really doesn't screw over a PT at all is the whole point I was stressing.and hey thats 10 less HP points we have to worry about lol.

Lionx
05-31-2005, 05:15 AM
Lol no i do not, i know you do BRD/THF but to put the misinformation away is that YES BRD/WHM is more efficient in an exp party than BRD/THF.

The original poster however does not know that i would assume. I also take the game only as serious as i play other games which is not that much unless i want to be good in it. Basicaly for me, playing a game is sorta like playing soccer, why not be the best that you can? Plus this was mainly just to inform the OP, and was not directed to make you feel offended. Maybe you took it too seriously, but i didnt and just wanted to make sure the OP doesnt think that BRD/THF is an equal to BRD/WHM when it definetely isnt.

lordblazer
05-31-2005, 05:20 AM
BRD/THF is ok it doesnt screw over the group is all I'm saying. BRD/WHM is even better i said it myself in my previous point sby pointing out a situation in which te PT is in critical and they need some with WHM subbed the bard!!!!!! boom the bard saves the whole PT lol.

Your right why not be the best oyu can be.But you simply won;t be gimped if oyu did BRD/THF lol plus i do BRD/RDM on my firend's account when he doesnt use it (he;s a lvl 72 Bard and usually does BRD/RDM strange eh?)

Subbing in my opinion is whatever you want out of it and whatever you want to do really.

Super Christ
05-31-2005, 05:37 AM
I could see someone doing WAR/WHM - but only if they're trying to solo, and hasn't unlocked PAL yet. But yeah, to a party, I can't see how that would be anything other than shooting yourself in the foot.

Then again, I'd just go with the MNK sub, kill the monster faster, and then rest between each fight - it's not like you wouldn't be anyway, to recharge the minimal MP you get from the WHM sub. But anyway, that's just my thought on the WAR/WHM combination.

Lionx
05-31-2005, 06:33 AM
WAR/MNK would be part of skillchain? If not GAxe Shield Break is great for whiff-fests.

BRD/THF does screw the party over in a sense, not as bad as say a PLD/SMN would but it also does lower exp per hour whether you like it or not for 6 people not only yours.

BRD/RDM is more useful than BRD/THF anyway, BRDs get invited for any reason, and RDM sub is something overlookable because you get at least the Dispel at 66+ to help dispel since Finale isnt up as fast.

Subbing should be for the PARTY, and not you when exping. Its whatever that make your main job that much more better and most people know why there are more in-grinded jobs for exp situations. And unless i see good results with proof that BRD/THF is near on par with a BRD/WHM or RDM, then nyah XD

lordblazer
05-31-2005, 06:39 AM
"BRD/THF does screw the party over in a sense, not as bad as say a PLD/SMN would but it also does lower exp per hour whether you like it or not for 6 people not only yours"
how does it give lower exp?Especially when you dont consider the party set up?

Lionx
05-31-2005, 06:43 AM
Because as efficient as a BRD can be, a BRD/WHM can still outperform the BRD/THF in terms of lowering downtime in which BRD is there to do. Therefore you lower exp by choosing another sj. It varies from job to job on how much it affects but it does.

Rostum
05-31-2005, 06:59 AM
At high levels, PLD/NIN is good for Balista (so I hear, and I've seen a few of them around lately).

Misfit
05-31-2005, 01:25 PM
At high levels, PLD/NIN is good for Balista (so I hear, and I've seen a few of them around lately).
Everybody subs /nin in ballista. >_>

Wyllius
05-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Now I may have quit the game but I still have no tolerance for idiots in FFXI, to the BRD/THF, YOU ARE NOT, AND WILL NEVER EVER BE A DD YOU WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER BECOME A DAMAGE DEALER

YOU ARE A SUPPORT ROLE

SUPPORT ROLE

NOT A DD

NEVER EVER A DD

Now this may sound like a flame but it's not, but for christ's sake, do you really think your pts invite you because you can be a DD? NO! it's because bards are ALWAYS in high demand, it's the ONLY reason you're allowed to exp with such a fecking gimp sub. However it's your money, and I'm sorry you chose bard to level and aren't be taught the value of no exp for days.

Rostum
05-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Stick it to the man, Wyllius.

Hroth
05-31-2005, 10:52 PM
I think that a BLM/SMN would be good since SMN has best magic stats and would be an awesome DD, as a Taru it would rock even more. I also think all tanks should have WAR as a job or subjob simply because of PROVOKE so the PLD/NIN lacks in that effect unless it keeps hate forever which is quite impossible but whatever. DRK/WAR is an obvious choice but I think that a DRK/THF as a Mithra wouldn't be bad, the speed would be really good though it would lack in DMG but with the DRK as main job it would sort of compensate for it. All you need to know is if you want to do all jobs on one character, be a Hume, they're the best for that and have all basic so that you can be good as all jobs. If you want to be a tank be a Galka, they have highest HP and VIT so they tank the best. If you want to be a healer or a magic user/summoner, be a Taru, they have the best magic stats. Thief and high agility jobs should be Mithra because they have the best AGILITY and all those things. Elvaan have highest attack power and some high MIND so they could be good for WAR, DRK, DD NIN, MNK. The choice is yours.

Wyllius
05-31-2005, 11:05 PM
The main problem with blm/smn is that you sacrifice all the self healing benefits of /whm, or the enfeebling options at 66+ with /rdm (dispel) If you are a Taru, MP and INT shouldn't be a problem anyway so /smn's MP boost won't make that much of a difference, unless of course you throw away your MP with no control in that case you need to stop right now and learn about MP conserving.

As for the rest of your guide I disagree to everything, I've seen Tarutaru Paladins who make Galka ones run home in shame.

Skill>Race>Equipment

and high MND is good for a DRK? um...yeah because then his cure on the mob does x10 dmg!!!

I keep reading his post and adding more stuff, so it seems cluttered and messy.

Have you ever seen a bloody DRK/THF in action??
For Feck's sake have you wondered why a large amount of drks go/thf post 60?

I'll give you a hint SATA DAMAGE IS GREAT AND HELPS HATE CONTROL

GodGodGod, MITHRA HAVE THE HIGHEST BASE DEX, TARUTARU HAVE THE HIGHEST AGI

and DO NOT even think of replying with the dex = acc argument, WE JUST CANNOT CONFIRM IT, IT IS RUMOURED AND HAS SOME EVIDENCE, BUT S-E WILL NOT CONFIRM IT, THEREFORE DO NOT TAKE IT AS A FACT.

I need to close this as it is becomming a rant and turning into a flame.

Any race can play ANY JOB, some races have advantages in some fields, magic for taru, melee for elvaan, However, this means diddly squat, your own skill is the deciding factor between a good player and a crap one, race can help, but being a taru doesn't mean you can only be good at a mage.

Lionx
05-31-2005, 11:43 PM
DRK/THF is significantly weaker than DRK/WAR with /WAR's damage over time ie Berserk and Double Attack = More TP and dmg than just SATA. They sub THF over 60 to avoid too much hate gain, else they would not ever do so.

PLD/NIN has its uses, in ballista or in certain groups.

I highly despise BLM/SMN in normal exp parties, they cannot do anything but nuke, one time everyone could have lived if the BLM had subbed WHM instead, he had all that MP, and nothing to do with it because there was one link after another and with just a little bit more healing to cover me while i rested, things might have turned out better. But he couldnt do a thing and just fell eventually with the entire party. What BLMs dont get is that, when it comes down to Manafont and spell choice, and you are in a desperate situation, more often than not, a Cure spell will be more useful than another nuke spell ever will be.

I always thought its Skill > Equip > Race, with Equip having a little more impact on certain jobs than others.

High MND is generally useless for most aspects except enfeebling.

2DEX is approximately 1 Acc but we dont know how much it gives, so far all we know that its probably the same curve as ATK and STR. And even if it IS true that 2DEX = 1 Acc...getting more Acc gear (LifeBelt and a Verner Ring) is enough and eating Sushi to help you out...and if you need even more Acc i like to question what the hell you are doing.

Taru and Galka at their opposite jobs are usually good if they have the right gear and dedication, more so than those better at them. why? Because alot of the times they HAVE to be just that good, otherwise its either death for them or for the party. They also get different gear compared to some other races of the same lvl and job.

As a WAR taru i did a 127 dmg Sturmwind at lvl 25 ending a Fragmentation Skillchain with 75 dmg while tanking. Its all about the gear and how you use it while juggling hate, no one usually has Sand.Gloves along with Tiger Stole and Courage Rings x 2 to switch to Weapon Skill then immediately go back to Bloodbead Necklace, Chain Mittens and Stamina Rings x 2 while canceling Berserk and throwing Defender out to avoid alot of dmg...there might be some but usually not alot would put in the effort..especially when they are not taru since they dont feel as compelled to get different gear. Then they end up not being as good as the Taru.

And you dont know how compelled i was to get a Neckchopper at lvl 20 refusing to lvl higher until i had it..because of all the ATK and DEF swap Acc from the GAxe was crucial.

Hroth
06-01-2005, 01:01 AM
[!]Yeah ok, not that it smurfin matters but that was my opinion those character things that I thought he might want to know, now I see that you know everything about FFXI so maybe you should be president of Square-Enix, I mean they totally need you since you're such a smart ass. If you're not smurfing happy with what other people think then just smurfin die or learn to accept it, cause people aren't gonna listen to you all the time.[/!]*snip* We don't tolerate flaming here.

Lionx
06-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Theres something called opinion and actual fact that people have parsed and proven throughout other FFXI boards, you might want to look into that. I can think that WAR/SMN is the best as my opinion but that still doesnt mean that actually it sucks.

Hroth
06-01-2005, 01:15 AM
That's exactly what I said, it's my opinion, he asked what were the best combos and I told him my opinion. Facts don't matter, because the guy said it himself, it's all based on a player's skill. Someone could be a Galka WHM/SMN and kick ass. So I don't care about fact or not, it doesn't matter, it all depends on a player's skill. Now, I said my opinion and screw you if you dont like it, don't make that kind of character.

Lionx
06-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Galka WHM/SMN espcially after 50 would indeed kick ass if done right.

Although player skill matters, your subjob can hinder that player skill. I mean its not 100% player skill, a PLD/MNK cant hold hate well enough especially during the lower levels despite how good the PLD can be. Everything, from subjobs, to equips, to player skill, determines how good you can be, some more than others. Its like taking a course, you have HW, Finals, and Tests, you would want to get all of those to as best as you can wouldnt you? Doing well in Tests only but not doing the HW may be passable but you wouldnt get a great grade.

And i fail to see how fact does not matter.

Hroth
06-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Well once again, some things matter more than others. Listening in class>Studying>Doing your homework. At least that's how I work and I always have good grades. It depends on the person mostly, but anyhow. Facts don't matter in this situation because there are so many factors that influence how a character turns out, not only the player, the class, the equip and what not. Every job/sub/race/equip/skill combination would work at some point because each one of them has their individual importance. So basically, facts don't matter here because of that.

Lionx
06-01-2005, 03:29 AM
What i am saying is that although there are certain sj combinations that work for different situations most situations require a certain set. You make it out to seem that just about every combination can work out as good as the other which is simply not true. Also you said that certain races should be certain jobs as well, DRK/THF mithra doesnt hit any faster than another race for one thing. Facts matter really even in all the situations, because you need facts for every individual one, in fact it should matter more since we are breaching a more general subjob choice and we need to know which sub can effectively do xx in that situation.

What we just did was say why some sj we didnt like for what reason that was all.

SNOOZER
06-01-2005, 04:56 AM
I always thought DRG/BRD was a good combo... then again that's my opinion.

Sarcasm for the win!

/ja "Flee" < me >

Misfit
06-01-2005, 01:26 PM
I always thought DRG/BRD was a good combo... then again that's my opinion.
Pfft, everybody knows it's drk/brd for teh win!

lordblazer
06-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Now I may have quit the game but I still have no tolerance for idiots in FFXI, to the BRD/THF, YOU ARE NOT, AND WILL NEVER EVER BE A DD YOU WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER BECOME A DAMAGE DEALER

YOU ARE A SUPPORT ROLE

SUPPORT ROLE

NOT A DD

NEVER EVER A DD

Now this may sound like a flame but it's not, but for christ's sake, do you really think your pts invite you because you can be a DD? NO! it's because bards are ALWAYS in high demand, it's the ONLY reason you're allowed to exp with such a fecking gimp sub. However it's your money, and I'm sorry you chose bard to level and aren't be taught the value of no exp for days.
Who said I DD in a PT with my bard.I dont i melee with my bard when i explore and farm so :P and its normally with firends.

People like you who take the game too seriously I mean don't lie to me and say you don't because the caps and your flaming tone says it all.
I would assume that you just literally live FF11 but I'm not that kind of guy.Yell at me again like that and expect to lose my respect and trust in you.

Hroth
06-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Whatever suit yourself. I don't play FFXI anymore, I have better things to do.

lordblazer
06-01-2005, 09:12 PM
I feel yah there Hroth.

but yeah my reasons for BRD/THF is for RPing reasons.BArds are usually rouges who can do music.BRD/THF seems fitting.BRD/WHM is jsut something a PT leader thought of to make it easy on the mages or somewhat help out a bit and squeeze it and really they set the standard not you.YOu guys just sit there and accept it.Unless you know it would screw a PT over.Simply put BRD/THF does not in anyway screw a PT over.It doesn't give an extra helping boost to one also.But a Bard's job is to play songs and keep up with them.Not go around healing.Thats how bard's attract hate and Bard's have a worse defense than WHMs.Simply put for the true RPers who play how they will like myself we choose osmething we know won't screw over anyone but we still have to keep ourselves in the picture simply put I don't like being pushed around on a game I pay for.Which means I don't like being told what to do and how to play it since i'm paying for it.I'm not a bastard really but when someone looks at my stats and sees that BRD/THF and has something smart to say I give them deaths ear unless they're jsut asking why that.Then I'll tell them why.But if they say "Dont sub it with that blah blah blah you idiot"I tell to to F off and I go on with my business.People like that I don't like I have no respect for,and they're probaly even more critical of poeple in real life.

Lionx
06-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Tell me next time when someone invites you to an avatar fight and they need you for a bar spell (yes they invite you for that reason) or when someone is poisoned tell me it wouldnt save another mage's MP to cure that status abnormality(being that BRD mp is not as useful as other mages but still helpful). BRD arent supposed to go around healing, but then again you can say the same thing when a BLM subs WHM and refuses to heal because "I AM HERE TO NUKE" when the party needs it. Seriously what does THF offer to the party that is useful to affect exp when subbed to BRD? You can only say those things when you are a BRD, try doing something like that with a melee and you get a much different tone.

Theres no need to put down other people for looking out for their party's best intrest. So simmer down O_o You can do what you like but it doesnt make it that WHM is a better sub and when i am looking for a BRD i rather take the one with WHM sub to better the other 5 people and the BRD himself.

EDIT: oh yeah RP in a static party where no one cares or not in mine, because you obviously think little of the other 5 members of the party.

Misfit
06-01-2005, 09:53 PM
d00d u shuld ttlly b brd/drk 4 stun. srsly.

lordblazer
06-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Tell me next time when someone invites you to an avatar fight and they need you for a bar spell (yes they invite you for that reason) or when someone is poisoned tell me it wouldnt save another mage's MP to cure that status abnormality(being that BRD mp is not as useful as other mages but still helpful). BRD arent supposed to go around healing, but then again you can say the same thing when a BLM subs WHM and refuses to heal because "I AM HERE TO NUKE" when the party needs it. Seriously what does THF offer to the party that is useful to affect exp when subbed to BRD? You can only say those things when you are a BRD, try doing something like that with a melee and you get a much different tone.

Theres no need to put down other people for looking out for their party's best intrest. So simmer down O_o You can do what you like but it doesnt make it that WHM is a better sub and when i am looking for a BRD i rather take the one with WHM sub to better the other 5 people and the BRD himself.

EDIT: oh yeah RP in a static party where no one cares or not in mine, because you obviously think little of the other 5 members of the party.
I think much of it and when i ask most PT leaders if I'm hindering the PT for having THF subbed to bard they tell me no.One guy told me once
"Bard's do their jobs just like any other job.They do it to their fullest and its the person's choice on what to sub.Just as long as the sub isn't low ;).Also the only time one person hinder's the PT is when that one person doesn't do his or her part in a PT."

Simply put I'm still doing my Part in the PT and I wouldn't want you as a PT leader anyway.You put so much blam on others you never stop and re-evalutate yourself.The wrose thing in a PT is always going to be slackers.Slackers no matter what the sub is is worse than someone who puts 100% of his or her effort in it even when they have WAR/WHM.
Think of it that way. I think you just have a problem with me individually lionx.Everyone gets all touchy when i say BRD/THF which is pretty much stupid.

Hroth
06-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Man don't bother, people who play this game alot are idiots, it gets to their heads that it's not played like they want it to be. They don't understand it's a game. I wonder if they noticed the thing S-E says at the beginning, not to forget your family and friends and all. It is true you know, people don't love you in game.

eestlinc
06-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Hroth, do not call people idiots.

Lionx
06-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Nah you are free to do so, but many people still know that there are better subs. I have nothing against you, its just the way you say things make things seem like they arent O_o.

I dont evaluate alot to be honest, i rarely check people unless i see a piece of gear i never seen before and like to check out its stats. As long as they perform decently i really couldnt care less. However i dont like the misinformation that a THF sub is equal to a WHM sub.

I think you arent necessarily hindering them, but you arent going to max potential either which in that sense COULD be counted as hindering, but nyah. The thing is a WAR/WHM is not as good as a WAR/MNK if they both put equal effort, same with BRD/THF and BRD/WHM. Thats all i am saying.

You really dont know how lax i am to many things O_o Decent is enough for me, i just hate misinformation...i seen people go WAR/WHM thinking it works like in a strategy guide and it really doesnt..or a DRK/BLM.

Wyllius
06-02-2005, 12:29 AM
All from Lordblazer

I don't mind being back up healer when i was doing BRD/THF (which i still kinda am).Mainly because i didnt have enough time to level my WHM from lvl one since i only get an hour of gameplay so really PTS or lvling for me is pretty much rare in my case.

BTW since i use a melee Bard i use a dagger that weakens the mob's defense. less down time more time to play songs lol.

Its personal preferance but with BRD/THF it really doesn't screw over a PT at all is the whole point I was stressing.and hey thats 10 less HP points we have to worry about lol.

Only bolded what you've said in regards to your bard.

So you have proven you're a liar from saying you don't play as a melee bard so now all you say cannot be taken as fact.

I don't play FFXI anymore and I have no real love for the game, however I loathe war/whm mindset people in the game and try to educate some people to think of others before their subjob choice.

Edit: Oh yeah I stopped to have a good read and, I honestly couldn't care less about getting respect from you, I would say it's nothing personal but this is the internet and as such you don't exist.

Edit2: Lord almighty, this stuff is great, trust in me? me? don't ever get such ideas about me, never ever trust a Wyll.

lordblazer
06-02-2005, 06:28 AM
All from Lordblazer

Only bolded what you've said in regards to your bard.

So you have proven you're a liar from saying you don't play as a melee bard so now all you say cannot be taken as fact.

I don't play FFXI anymore and I have no real love for the game, however I loathe war/whm mindset people in the game and try to educate some people to think of others before their subjob choice.

Edit: Oh yeah I stopped to have a good read and, I honestly couldn't care less about getting respect from you, I would say it's nothing personal but this is the internet and as such you don't exist.

Edit2: Lord almighty, this stuff is great, trust in me? me? don't ever get such ideas about me, never ever trust a Wyll.
damn get off my nuts.
Really you have nothing better to do but nick pack oh im a liar blah blah blah blah blah look at his previous post.man I start hating forums when it becomes filled with people who really jsut waste time searching for "liars" and any other things just to make others experience heck.ITs done its over with.Get over it or get bent.Either way leave me alone and stay off my nuts.
nuff said.

Wyllius
06-02-2005, 09:51 AM
I'll be most happy to, you've became annoyed and hopefully retrospective in your job choice.

Sometimes the only way to make people think is to make them annoyed, hopefully it works this time.

Misfit
06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Don't even use a subjob, take it off. Now.

BARD POWER.

Lionx
06-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Lol you just made me wonder if a BRD can lvl all the way to 75 without a sub...seems possible really considering what i see here :x

Misfit
06-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Lol you just made me wonder if a BRD can lvl all the way to 75 without a sub...seems possible really considering what i see here :x
I'll do it... I've been wanting to level bard anyways, and I hate white mage so... xD

I'll get back to you on that.

SNOOZER
06-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll do it... I've been wanting to level bard anyways, and I hate white mage so... xD

I'll get back to you on that.

BRD/SAM

*nods* You'll be unstoppable!

Misfit
06-02-2005, 10:07 PM
BRD/SAM

*nods* You'll be unstoppable!
What are you talking about!

BRD/BST > BRD/SAM xD

lordblazer
06-02-2005, 10:09 PM
How do oyu take off sub jobs?

Misfit
06-02-2005, 10:13 PM
How do oyu take off sub jobs?
NOOB!

I kid!

It's a lag thing. Go in Jeuno, go to your mog house, click your main job then quickly click your subjob to be the same job as your main.

It'll take a few tries, but it's easy once you get it.