PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball Computer Game

lord of odin
05-31-2005, 01:58 PM
What do you think about bringing out a blitzball game??????

i think it would be hugely popular on all formats

boys from the dwarf
05-31-2005, 03:07 PM
cool idea.that would be half decent its probbably the best mini game in FF ever so why not.

KuRt
05-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey come one. They brought a goddamn harrypotter quidditsch or whatsoever game so I think it would be a great idea to bring out a blitzball game. Actually that idea roks!

ffrinoa8
05-31-2005, 06:02 PM
ooooooo..............i'll play it!!!!gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boys from the dwarf
05-31-2005, 06:31 PM
and also this is 10000 times better than that frikkin quiddich game so why not.

Old Manus
05-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Oh. My. God.

Trust a band of fanboys to think of this. A blitzball game would be quite frankly, crap. It was in FFX as a MINI-GAME. MINI is in the title. It means it's something to do other than the game. The controls were fiddly, it got boring, and there was only about 6 teams.

Square lost it's pride when they released the filth that is FFX-2, and releasing yet another spin-off to a fairly average Final Fantasy game would bring it lower than it already is.

Anyway they already tried this with Choobo Racing for PS1, and it turned out to be rubbish. Roll on another cock-up from Square.

P.S: The Harry Potter Quidditch game was crap as well.

Dreddz
05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
I dont fink its gonna happen
I mean, they brought out a chocobo game and it sucked
Sucked bad

boys from the dwarf
06-01-2005, 08:06 AM
whats the point any way because there 2 versions already the good one A.K.A FFX and the crap one A.K.A FFX-2.

Old Manus
06-01-2005, 09:55 AM
cool idea.that would be half decent its probbably the best mini game in FF ever so why not.

and also this is 10000 times better than that frikkin quiddich game so why not.

to...

whats the point any way because there 2 versions already the good one A.K.A FFX and the crap one A.K.A FFX-2.

:cool:

lord of odin
06-01-2005, 10:19 AM
I think that they should bring it out because they brought out crappy chocobo racing and blitzball is very popular with ff fans.

they could have more teams and more features in it etc.

crazybayman
06-01-2005, 12:20 PM
It could be pretty good, if they got rid of the whole stop action to decide whether to break or not, and pass or shoot or not. Kinda like any hockey or soccer game, with a nice steady flow to the gameplay, with various button combinations to do different moves like wither tackle, sphere shot, venom pass, tackle slip, etc. As well, learning these moves by techcopy and levelling up would be neat.

I know in PS2 hockey games there's a steady flow, with different combinations to do a deke, shoot, pass, body check, etc. Up here in hockey country, hockey games are quite popular. I'd imagine a blitzball game would be too, amongst FF fans, if done right.

CaptRory
06-01-2005, 05:33 PM
I'd buy it. If you think about it, there could be three playing modes available. FFX, FFX-2 and the more traditional sports game version crazybayman suggested. Most of the graphics and sounds would be used in all three so there wouldn't be much repeat effort to develop a three game title like that.

And to those who compare one title to another unrelated title, your argument basicly is "That sucked, so this will." which is not a logical argument to make. We allready have a popular game that can be fully realized as a stand alone game if developed properly. It has a built in untapped fanbase. And since it crosses genres you might be able to draw some Sports gamers to RPGs. "I like sports. I like Blitzball 2006. I'll go try the game Blitzball was introduced. I like Final Fantasy. I like RPGs."

I have no doubt that such a game will at least pay for itself and grow the market for the FF series. If it is a smash runaway success it could radically change the landscape of video games in the years to come.

Old Manus
06-01-2005, 07:38 PM
It can't happen. Not everybody has actually played Blitzball on FFX. They won't know the rules, and wonder "wtf is Blitzball?" I also have a feeling that people would have learned their lesson after buying the filth that is FFX-2.

CaptRory
06-01-2005, 08:18 PM
It can't happen. Not everybody has actually played Blitzball on FFX. They won't know the rules, and wonder "wtf is Blitzball?" I also have a feeling that people would have learned their lesson after buying the filth that is FFX-2.

First, many people have played FFX. Judging from what I've read in various FF communities most people enjoyed Blitzball. That group is your primary target. With good marketing you can get the console sports gamers segment, that is the group you need to win over which is entirely possible. Gamers are social animals, even if only among fellow gamers. If only one person out of a four person group of gamers purchased our product, it is a reasonable assumption that at least one other person will purchase a copy so long as the product itself is high quality and enjoyable. If enough groups overlap there might very well be a cascade through the home gaming market and create a runaway hit. Not likely perhaps but it can certainly yield enough market penetration to make it a viable product.

Next, we're not discussing FFX-2. Many people enjoyed it. Let's save the hate for an appropriate topic.

Finally, "They won't know the rules, and wonder "wtf is Blitzball?" Inside games, comes a little booklet, most people don't read it, but inside details the very rules and controls for the product you have purchased! Good marketing and word of mouth will educate people as to what Blitzball is and the manual will direct people as to how to play.

boys from the dwarf
06-02-2005, 09:40 PM
to you old manus.if they make a quiddich game when its already a mini game in a proper game you may as well get the proper full game
so if they decide to make a blitzball game why not just buy the proper game.
that what made me change my mind but still its better than quiddich so if they decide to make i wont buy it because ive already got it on both FF10 and the sequel.
and for gods sake. wipe that moldy anus before takin the piss like that again.clear?

Old Manus
06-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Srsly guys. I just cannot see the chances of this game, released or not, appealing to enough people to make it a success. There are the, say, 1 in 5 people have have FFX or FFX-2, right? There will be a minority/majority who thought that the Blitzball minigame was bad, so the chances of them buying it are reduced. And since a game being good or not doesn't seem to matter with game developers anymore, it would be scrapped.

Now, to whether I would buy it or not. The answer is no. Don't get me wrong, the game in FFX was enjoyable enough for me, but enjoyable as a 'Mini-game'. If the extra modes etc that were suggested were put in, it turns too much into FIFA or something, and then I'd rather part with 40 quid on PES4, thanks.

As well, it's called FINAL FANTASY. It's an RPG.

Khimbar
06-03-2005, 03:31 AM
well, i think your fergetting about japan.........

CaptRory
06-03-2005, 03:33 AM
If it were marketed correctly it would be a success. I can see the advertisements in my head as I type this. Magazine ads, tv commercials, shiney things that light up.

boys from the dwarf
06-03-2005, 07:50 AM
it aint gonna happen.

lord of odin
06-03-2005, 10:08 AM
i know it may not happen but what if?????

i think creating your own character and building up their stats would be good :cool:

Old Manus
06-03-2005, 11:37 AM
It may be a success, but that doesn't mean it would be good. Blitzball is just football with hardly any rules. It's just grab the ball, and score. No throw-ins, no corners, no fouls.

crazybayman
06-03-2005, 05:01 PM
More like a cross between Water Polo, and European Team Handball. Underwater, of course.

And what's good about it is the flow - there's no fouls or stupid throw-ins, which means non-stop action.

TurkSlayer
06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
I personally love blitzball. Its the only sport I really like, which is kinda sad considering it only in a video game. Anyway, I would probably buy it if it came out. Though I would suggest more teams and a create your own player type thing. That would be nice. Otherwise, I think this would work.

Old Manus
06-04-2005, 11:12 AM
I give up.

JAS4Yeshua
06-05-2005, 06:16 AM
I don't know why people argue against the idea. If you don't like the idea, don't become involved with it. Just ignore it, and pretend it doesn't exist, instead of trying to make people who might LIKE the idea see things your way. ;)

Blitzball was fun, but annoyed me way too much at the same time. I personally wouldn't buy it as a computer game.

AeonOfDarkness
06-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Oh. My. God.

Trust a band of fanboys to think of this. A blitzball game would be quite frankly, crap. It was in FFX as a MINI-GAME. MINI is in the title. It means it's something to do other than the game. The controls were fiddly, it got boring, and there was only about 6 teams.

Square lost it's pride when they released the filth that is FFX-2, and releasing yet another spin-off to a fairly average Final Fantasy game would bring it lower than it already is.

Anyway they already tried this with Choobo Racing for PS1, and it turned out to be rubbish. Roll on another cock-up from Square.

P.S: The Harry Potter Quidditch game was crap as well.

Were you beaten sensless with the game case or something? This game absolutly rocked! And the idea of a blitzball spin-off is a wonderful idea. There were only 6 teams yes, but thats because it is a mini-game. With a full version, Square has plenty of options.

And just because its a mini game doesnt mean it cant rock by itself. I recently found a program for playing triple triad online. If your a poor uneducated soul reading this, Triple Triad was the mini-cardgame in Final Fantasy VIII. And I think that is where Blitzball can really succeed, ONLINE MULTIPLAYER BLIZTING.

P.S. yes, the quidditch game sucked.

Psychotic
06-07-2005, 02:00 AM
I give up.To be honest with you, I gave up on this section of the site a long time ago.

I would only buy it if you could play as Barret from FFVII because he was a REAL man!

aurons-blade
06-07-2005, 09:19 PM
i love blitz ball one time played it for 6 hours it rocks i would love a game

Old Manus
06-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I give up.To be honest with you, I gave up on this section of the site a long time ago.

Psychotic hath forsaken these lands. Good job too, as nobody around here seems to know English anymore.