PDA

View Full Version : Buying PS final fantasy games?

ShunNakamura
05-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Grr.. I had a terrible time today. Looked all over and couldn't find a single FF game in a 20+ mile radius, For ANY system. Not to mention the video game rental stores didn't carry anything related to a RPG.. though the one at least carried a few PS2 games(our rental stores sometimes sell old games.. so I checked just in case) ... jeez.. not lucky.

Anyways, my question is-

Do any of you know of a good online store I could order from? Please bare in mind just about the only way I can send money is through a money order.

Oh yes the titles I am looking for are; FFT, FFIX, and possibly some of the others such as Anthologies and Dawn of Souls. Or whatever the heck those earlier ones that have been remade fo the PS are called.

I have already done some web searching but haven't turned up anything too promising. I don't want to have to pay for different ship and handling.. that can be nearly as much as the game itself.

-Edit.. Found one that looked promising but.. Credit card only... dang it.. I mean I might be able to get another method to pay but I am NOT getting a credit card.. damn devil tools if you ask me.

Zechs
05-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Here is one.
http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?filter=0&orderAscDesc=Asc&linkpage=2&rangeFrom=0&rangeTo=ALL&currentpage=1&keyword=final%20fantasy&searchtype=quicksearch&platform=0&genre=0&lookin=title&selection=ALL&imageFlag=&sortby=title&searchcount=12&statcd=&publisher=&esrb=&title=

Dark Songstress
06-01-2005, 12:34 AM
dang where do you live? anyway, try looking in EB Games, Best Buy, or Wal-Mart or go to their websites.

RedCydranth
06-01-2005, 01:18 AM
GameStop is the best place I know to get games online.

The Dawn of Souls version on PS is called FF Origins. You also want to pick up FF Anthologies and Chronicles. They have FF4,5,6 and Crono Trigger. So, If you do collect all the PS FF games you'll have 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,T. That leaves the yet to be released ff3, and the PS2 games FFX, X-2. And the GameCube game FF Crystal Chronicles, which many dislike but I find ok.

ShunNakamura
06-01-2005, 02:30 AM
Well I have been to EB.. they required credit card I believe. Walmart and K-mart sites don't have FFIX. Gamestop doesn't have any new games.. and quite frankly I would like the booklet that comes wiht it just for nostagilic sake.

Best-Buy I believe also required credit cards.. that or they were one of the ones lacking one of the games I was looking for.

My best bet so far was e-bay.. they have people who accept money orders... however ebay itself requires a credit card... Perhaps Dad will let me use his account :( why do so many require the devil's tool?

Zechs
06-03-2005, 06:50 AM
You have a high chance in getting the manual for the used PSX FF games from Gamestop.

rubah
06-03-2005, 08:41 PM
I got mine through amazon, but i dunno if they allow money ordersX.x;;

I saw Tactics in a Toys-R-Us yesterday, I think. Almost bought it too, for $15

DJZen
06-04-2005, 03:34 AM
Final Fantasy Origins - FFI & II
Final Fantasy Chronicles - FFIV & Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Anthology - FFV & VI

I'm pretty sure they're all on greatest hits now. Look in the USED section, easier to find 'em there. Heck, I routinely find copies of Tactics there, and I PASS THEM OVER because they're ALWAYS THERE. Happy hunting!