PDA

View Full Version : Epsxe help

Croyles
05-31-2005, 11:57 PM
I tried to run ff7 on epsxe but when i get to the credits screen which is before the new game screen everything just goes past superfast and then it starts again without going to the new game screen. anyone know how to fix this? I already have the bios scph1001.bin installed and a graphics plugin.

crono_logical
06-01-2005, 04:20 AM
You might want to tell the video plugin to not run the game as fast as possible :p The exact name for the option escapes me at the moment though, but it should be obvious :p

Croyles
06-01-2005, 05:23 PM
ahh yes, i set the FPS to a limit of 50 and it works. however, i have another problem. the game doesnt respond to my controller or my keyboard at all, no matter which one i set it as, even with SPU IRQ enabled...

crono_logical
06-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Try FPS of 60 if you're using an NTSC version of the game (America/Japan) for the correct speed, 50 is for PAL (Europe) :p

SPU IRQ is an emulation option for sound, so that won't affect anything :p Have you set up the controls for the emulator at all? You could try going through the wizard to make sure you've not missed anything, just skip over the stuff you know that works.

Croyles
06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
sorry i didnt mean SPU IRQ, its written similar though, i mean SIO IRQ. yes ive set up the controls and i seem to have done everything, i just dotn know what to do next... :(

im using a PAL version, yes i know we are a close to extinct species, but we still exist :D

Lenna
06-06-2005, 04:26 PM
I had the same problem Croyles ;( I had Squally_Leonharty tell me which bios & plugins to download, now every game I'm playing is running perfectly on it. As for the keyboard/controller. Mine didn't work at first, so I unplugged it uninstalled my software and then reinstalled them again. After that it seemed to work. You also have to make sure it's pad 1 you're configuring to :P

Edit: I have all the bios' available aparantly lol. and the plugins I currently have / am using are:

Graphics:
Petes D3D Driver 1.75
Sound:
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.47 (With Special Hacks on to stop fast music/make sound better with any FF games)
CD:
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K Core 1.5.2

:)