PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes

Cloud67
06-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Hello. I'm new to this site and I'm not sure, if posting in correct forum. If no, dont delete me pls. :) I registered, cause my FF9 began to freeze at varios places + it unavoidably freezes when I try to leave the village of Dali. I do not own Sony PS, but I do own original FF9 game and was playing the game through emulator (ePSXe). At first game ran smooth, but I stopped playing it for some time and now it's unplayable. Could it be because I changed my hardware configuration in meantime? Or could the media CD got somehow corrupted? Thx for help, write me if u encountered simiral problems w/ certain graphic cards.

Dark Songstress
06-01-2005, 12:30 AM
check the disc(s) for scratches clean it with a sheet of toliet paper. if that doesn't work, go to your local game or electronic store to get it fix. if that still doesn't work, than I think you need a PS2, it better techology and you can play PS1 and PS2 games, CDs, and DVDs on it. I have a PS2 and it never froze. there a new skinny light PS2 that only cost $149.99.

TheKolkster
06-02-2005, 03:22 AM
I've heard of this problem. I ran acrossed it when I was browsing ePSXe's forums. I think its a problem with the video plugin or something. Go over to www.epsxe.com. They should be able to help you out.

What ePSXe version are you using? 1.60 has issues with FF games so your better off using 1.52

RedCydranth
06-02-2005, 04:01 AM
Not to sound mean, but thats what you get for using a non sony device with a PS game. PS1s are really cheap, go get one and you'll be fine... Just you'll have to replay all you've done.

Dreddz
06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Dont stick with the PS1
My game couldnt handle Cut Scenes on the PS1 but on PS2 ive never had a problem