PDA

View Full Version : Attack Strategy Help!!!

enchantress
06-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Hai! I'm just half way through the game because this game is quite difficult! Now, I'm not the way to Bevelle and damn, there's this stupid dragon-like fiend called Evrae blocking the way :mad2: . This guy is really tough! I need some help on how to defeat him! One more thing, pull back or close in the airship is better for the fight?
Thanks a lot!
~Enchantress

boys from the dwarf
06-01-2005, 08:03 AM
spend all of the battle far away from him. his attack he uses is weak so just use cids rocket launchers and wakkas ball and certain other attacks.when hes on low healththings get tough so to end that stage of the battle have kimahri do that over drive where he explodes on the enemy. also what are your stats?

enchantress
06-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Thanks a lot! Can Kimahri use Self-Destruct from far? I'll try and see.... About my stats...? I dunno how to check that......Hehe....Sorry.....

Tai-Ti
06-01-2005, 09:53 AM
i stayed close up the whole time, so that all my stronger ppl could attack, i only pulled out when Evrae "breathed in" cause i knew twas gunna use poison breath, and if i couldn't pull out, i made sure i could get Rikku to use Al Bhed potion, and Yuna with Esuna and all that. I really hate it wen he uses haste on himself, :( BaH

enchantress
06-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah, but Yuna isn't there? How should I cast Esuna? I'm almost defeating him.....only a few thousand hp left, but then he just have to cast haste and do this swooping swayth whatever you call it! What should i do?? What are my 3 top choices characters for this battle?

crazybayman
06-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah, but Yuna isn't there? How should I cast Esuna? I'm almost defeating him.....only a few thousand hp left, but then he just have to cast haste and do this swooping swayth whatever you call it! What should i do?? What are my 3 top choices characters for this battle?
I just beat him recently. I used haste on Tidus, Auron, Kimahri, Wakka, and Rikku. I just beat the crap outta him with Tidus, Auron, Kimahri, and Wakka, and brought in Rikku for healing with Al Bhed potions.

So yeah, I found it useful to fight him up close. Whenever I tried to pull away when he took a big breathe (stepped back and did that roaring thing), he had already cast haste on himself (or herself?), so the airship couldn't pull back in time, and he hit me with his breath. Plus, when I finally did pull back, he used swooping scaythe.

Be sure to haste EVERYONE, as he is quite fast, and don't forget to throw Lulu in for a shot, so she can gain some exp. I had Tidus and Kimahri learn haste, so it was quite easy to have someone available to cast it.

I found Evrae tough on my first playthrough too. He's one mean b@stard.

Edit: Oh yeah, use Wakka's Dark Buster whenever you attack with Wakka. It'll blind Evrae for 1 turn, so he'll miss in his phyiscal attack, saving you some HP.

boys from the dwarf
06-01-2005, 01:57 PM
kimahri cant use self -D from afar so use it up close to finnish him.

Old Manus
06-01-2005, 03:24 PM
I can tell you what to do. Skip to your loo. NO NO....No....I got it.... Drop the Bombshell...No thats wrong again. have you tried the "Fake him out method?"

Its where you have him attacking you but then you hit X, and you say "Look at this its a poodle"
The boss like a fool, looks....then, you strike, you take out your rotting coconut and hurl it at his inner thigh, REMEMBER INNER THIGH, not outer, that would be a crucial mistake.

Hope this helps.

boys from the dwarf
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
and i hope it doesnt because its a load of kwap.almost as kwap as me spelling kwap wrong 3 smegging times.

pieckey
06-01-2005, 09:43 PM
It's not too difficult if you just use two pheonix down on it!!!

enchantress
06-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice! Rikku has already learned REFLECT. So when its about for him to cast HASTE, I'll just cast Reflect on him and so instead of hasting himself, he'll haste my characters! Hehe.....Does Dispel help in dispelling his haste?

Ultima Shadow
06-02-2005, 10:24 AM
It's not too difficult if you just use two pheonix down on it!!!No. You're talking about a whole different battle. Using pheonix down on Evrea before bevelle is completely pointless.

Anyways... yes, you can dispel haste. And don't be afraid of using up many of your items in this battle. :greenie:

enchantress
06-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Is it advisable to level up my characters to more than 2000 hp? Because of what I've seen, only characters like Auron and Kimahri (my game) who has more than 2000 hp can survive the Poison Breath and Swooping Swayth.......I know, my characters' hp are kinda low.....

Ultima Shadow
06-02-2005, 01:02 PM
It may be a bit low... but it's not really that bad either. You should be able to take Evrea out withou too much trouble. Just remember to stay at long range in order to avoid Poison Breath. Also... if you have any lunar Curtains, those may help out a bit.

Old Manus
06-02-2005, 01:16 PM
EVRAE

HP:32000

STRATEGY: As you start, use Slow and Power Break. This stops him form dealing lots of damage. A good thing to do then is pull back. However I prefer to do it up close and personal. Then you can do more damage more quickly. If he uses Poison Breath bring in Rikku and use a quick Al Bhed potion to heal. Use this after every attack he does.

If he inhales, DO pull back. Once there, the attack will miss and you have some time to heal and get ready again.

Before the battle, get everybody's Overdrive maxed so you can deal lots of damage quickly before he uses haste.

NEVER have both Rikku and Tidus in battle at the same time.

TheKolkster
06-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Hai! I'm just half way through the game because this game is quite difficult!

Compared to FFX: International this game is cake.

enchantress
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Hurray!! I've defeated Evrae!!! Woohoo! I'm so happy that I screamed! My sis and mum thought I was nuts....Hehe....I was delighted when I saw OVERKILL while I was using Rikku's overdrive - Mix! Thanks everyone for your help! Now I'm going to have my second battle with Seymour!