PDA

View Full Version : Meet Game Boy Micro

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Nintendo goes smaller, sleeker, and silvery-smooth.

http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/article/615/615160/game-boy-micro-20050517112452698-000.jpg

The Game Boy is reborn once again, as Nintendo today announced the Game Boy Micro, a stylish (and surprisingly small) retooling of the Game Boy Advance. Measuring 4 inches wide, 2 inches tall and 0.7 inches deep; and weighing just 2.8 ounces, the silver-clad Micro is probably the slickest -- or at the very least, most portable -- Game Boy hardware yet. Better yet, it will play all the GBA and Game Boy games currently handled by the GBA SP.

In addition to the small size, the Micro features a 2-inch backlit screen, swappable front plates, and screen brightness adjustment. Like the SP, the Micro includes a built-in, rechargeable battery - in this case, Lithium Ion.
"We're making the gorgeous Game Boy Micro for image-conscious folks who love video games, the ones who want the look of their system to be as cool as the games they play on it," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Because of its diminutive size and industrial-hip look, Game Boy Micro immediately identifies the person playing it as a trendsetter with discriminating style."

Info on http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/615/615160p1.html

Personally, i think its god damn fine!!

(if theres a topic on this somewhere else, i couldnt find one, close this)

Meat Puppet
06-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I'd lose it in my hair. :(

edczxcvbnm
06-01-2005, 02:20 PM
No flip top = scratched screen = TEH SUXS!!!1

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 02:28 PM

Neither did the Advance and myn isnt scratched.
If you love it you will own a case!

Dreddz
06-01-2005, 02:37 PM
why are they releasing this
Theres already two Advances anyway
And as the screen is so small, I wouldnt much like to play as a dot
And its no where near as powerful as the DS
Silly

Nephiliam
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
I prefer my GBA SP. :) Much more handy.

Tidus Andronicus
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Ok, I saw this at E3... and I just don't get it! why go any smaller?!? XD

That picture is actually bigger than the real thing!!
Its almost too small for my hands! Not to mention the screen is so tiny! lol Its like playing games on my digi-cam's screen! :p

I like that Nintendo is still hard at work with their handhelds... I just wish that they'd focus more on advancing the technology... rather than the size... @_@

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 02:44 PM
why are they releasing this
Theres already two Advances anyway
Silly

Clearly there are still people who haven't got GBAs in some shape or form out there, so clearly that means there are still potential customers for GBA.

Nintendo have been doing games for over 20 years. As with all companies they have a clear knowledge and stragety of buisness and the industry. They didn't last twenty years by putting out stuff no-one likes. If you don't like Micro, no-one said you had to buy one.

Ok, I saw this at E3... and I just don't get it! why go any smaller?!? XD

That picture is actually bigger than the real thing!!
Its almost too small for my hands! Not to mention the screen is so tiny! lol Its like playing games on my digi-cam's screen! :p

I like that Nintendo is still hard at work with their handhelds... I just wish that they'd focus more on advancing the technology... rather than the size... @_@

Wouldnt you like a console that sits in your jeans pocket?
The technology is always improving.

KentaRawr!
06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Hmm...Well, I suppose they are trying to get more people to buy a GBA.

As I have heard, the GBM (Game Boy Micro, of course) can do everything the GBA SP can. But it is much smaller. And as I have heard, the screen is very good. ("I looked at this screen and I didn't Die!"-Kevin Parara or however you spell that name.)

So, since it is (as far as I can tell) a smaller version of the SP, perhaps they are aiming for very young children. Or perhaps people who like to play hand-held games to pass the time. They can just slip it back into their Pocket when whatever they were waiting for happens.

I don't really want one, but I suppose other people might.

edczxcvbnm
06-01-2005, 04:16 PM

A case? I don't have room for a case. I carry books, papers, a laptop, disks, cell phone, wallet, keys, lunch and some other things. A case is a waste of time when I could just have it be a flip screen and save space on top of that.

KentaRawr!
06-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Perhaps they will add something to the design. This is what I think they should do:

I think they should add something like a panel that flips. What I mean by that is... there would be a Hinge on the top of the GBM, and a Panel would be attached to it. This Panel would Go Forward or Backward. When flipped Backward, it would connect to the Back of the GBM, and when flipped forward, it would connect to the front side. Not sure if you understood that, but oh well.

This is just what I think, though. As far as I can tell, everything I said in Blue text is not confirmed.

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 04:28 PM

A case? I don't have room for a case. I carry books, papers, a laptop, disks, cell phone, wallet, keys, lunch and some other things. A case is a waste of time when I could just have it be a flip screen and save space on top of that.

Thats a Good point, but they would have thought of that. The DS already has a cover screen against scratches, so this will have too.
But cases are tiny, they hardly take up anymore room than the GBM itself.

So, since it is (as far as I can tell) a smaller version of the SP, perhaps they are aiming for very young children. Or perhaps people who like to play hand-held games to pass the time. They can just slip it back into their Pocket when whatever they were waiting for happens.

You think?
The people who buy it will most likely be collector types.
My bro for one, owns almost every nintendo item there is!
Im thinking of getting one.

I think they should add something like a panel that flips. What I mean by that is... there would be a Hinge on the top of the GBM, and a Panel would be attached to it. This Panel would Go Forward or Backward. When flipped Backward, it would connect to the Back of the GBM, and when flipped forward, it would connect to the front side. Not sure if you understood that, but oh well.

i get you, and it would be a good idea, but it wouldnt be as stylish

KentaRawr!
06-01-2005, 04:32 PM
I get you, and it would be a good idea, but it wouldn't be as stylish.

Unless they made the Panel SILVER. ;)

Actually, judging from the Pictures, the GBM's backside is Black. And of course, whenever the Panel Flips (The Panel I made up), a different side of the Panel shows. So, make one side Silver, and the other Side black. And have both sides have "Game Boy Micro" Written on them. ^_^

And make sure all the Warnings are on the Black side of the Panel! >=/ Stay Safe!

radyk05
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM

that is pretty much what i wanted to say.

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 04:37 PM

that is pretty much what i wanted to say.

Dont be daft! =O

The screen isnt that small! It just looks small.

Unless they made the Panel SILVER.

Actually, judging from the Pictures, the GBM's backside is Black. And of course, whenever the Panel Flips (The Panel I made up), a different side of the Panel shows. So, make one side Silver, and the other Side black. And have both sides have "Game Boy Micro" Written on them. ^_^

And make sure all the Warnings are on the Black side of the Panel! >=/ Stay Safe!

Like i said before, that is a good idea..
And of course, got to have those warnings >=O

KentaRawr!
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Well, while I was watching G4, E305 Live was on, and they were showing the Game Boy Micro...

Kevin Parara got to use one (I think), and he said that the screen was actually really good. But I should wait until I get to use a GBM before I say the Screen is good, I suppose.

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Well, while I was watching G4, E305 Live was on, and they were showing the Game Boy Micro...

Kevin Parara got to use one (I think), and he said that the screen was actually really good. But I should wait until I get to use a GBM before I say the Screen is good, I suppose.

Lucky So-n-so.
I envy Kevin Parara!

Dreddz
06-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Question : Even if someone didnt have a GBA, then why dont they go out and get the original for cheap instead of the full price
Unless there selling this GBA for cheap
Very cheap

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Question : Even if someone didnt have a GBAGBM, then why dont they go out and get the original for cheap instead of the full price
Unless there selling this GBAGBM for cheap
Very cheap

Because this is the latest in technology
Who wants to get the old?
You cant get new games for the advance anymore and the SP will follow suit.

radyk05
06-01-2005, 09:20 PM
i say go with the sp or the ds. this 'micro' stuff is obviously a bad idea.

Lionx
06-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah i think SP has a MUCH sleeker and "professional" cool look to it than this, i mean its great that its so small but i dont see how i would want something like this O_o i rather get DS or an SP.

Lindy
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Why don't they just go and call it a Game&Watch and be done with it.

Zeldy
06-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah i think SP has a MUCH sleeker and "professional" cool look to it than this, i mean its great that its so small but i dont see how i would want something like this O_o i rather get DS or an SP.

The SP is the worst console in my opinion.
I never liked the shape, i loved the Advance, i got that when it came out and i didnt get the SP but now i have the DS which is similar in shape to the advance. I like the micro for this reason too.
I like the way you hold it, But the SP does look good when its the limited edition Zelda version :fpton:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
You are people with no respect for scientists (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=62228).