PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Kalen
06-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Okay I haven't made a thread here in forever, much less in gaming!

But who here plays WoW? I just started on my sister's free 10 day trial thing she gave me and I think I'm going to get it.

Sepho
06-01-2005, 04:02 PM
I played it during the open beta, and while it was somewhat fun for a while, it didn't make me want to buy the game.

I've been told that, after you get to about level 10, it's a borefest until you get up until about level 30. My friend, who I played with during the beta, bought the game and sold his account before too long to another friend of ours because he got so bored with it. That friend just let the subscription die because he got bored with it, too. On the other hand, I know a few more friends that play it obsessively.

Lionx
06-01-2005, 07:39 PM
My friend plays it, finds it somewhat fun, but rather come back to FFXI if his brother would pay for it with his CC. :x

ZuZu
06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
My friend is playing that... Totally crazy. I haven't able to talk to him after he bought that game.
I almost thought he have lost his sense of reality but then he send me a happy birthday card. :D

Shlup
06-01-2005, 11:44 PM
All my friends who played it now play Guild Wars more often. Monthly fees are for suckers.

Samuraid
06-02-2005, 01:31 AM
A bunch of my friends play it and love it. I haven't tried it much but I'm not that into MMORPGs.

Kalen
06-02-2005, 08:07 AM
All my friends who played it now play Guild Wars more often. Monthly fees are for suckers.

Yeah, but Guild Wars is not as good.

KuRt
06-02-2005, 11:32 AM
I just love it! beign a female gnome warrior rules!

Endless
06-05-2005, 10:16 PM
I play it too. So do Phoenix and my brother.

WarZidane
06-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I play it too, best MMORPG i've played IMO. (And yes, Shlup, that includes Guild Wars. :p)
The monthly fee doesn't bother me, it's cheap compared to all those games you pay loads for and finish after a week.

Lindy
06-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Too much of the "bang for your buck" syndrome, from what I've seen, people pay a monthly fee and then have to play it obsessively in order to feel like they've gotten their month's worth of play.

I suppose the only thing RO EVER did right was to have the ability to pay for just a few hours of gameplay, so you could just pay for what you played, rather than pay and then feel like you HAVE to play it or you've wasted your money.

WarZidane
06-06-2005, 03:39 PM
I did have that the first month, but now i only play when i feel like it.