PDA

View Full Version : Driving music.

-N-
06-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Recommend some good music to drive to. I can think of three general categories of music I find good driving music - late night stuff, pumped up morning stuff, and chill afternoon stuff.

For pumped up morning stuff, I mean stuff like AC/DC - Highway to Hell and Jet - Get Me Outta Here are golden. So is Blackalicious - First in Flight. Guns 'n Roses - Sweet Child of Mine is a good transition.

For late night stuff, I like Rob Dougan - Nothing at All, Pearl Jam - Light Years, even J Ralph - One Million Miles away. You get the idea.

For afternoon chill stuff, this is where I have problems - My Two Friends - In The Fall is nice and chill, as is some tracks off the Moon Safari album by Air. But I don't have much in the way of this, I suppose.

So, I'm asking you for good driving music. Feel free to pick from any genre.

eestlinc
06-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Bruckner symphonies are great for long interstate roadtrips. So is John Adams's opera <i>Nixon in China</i>.

For jaunts around town recently I've liked Amon Tobin's <i>Supermodified</i>.

Samuraid
06-02-2005, 04:01 AM
I listen to a lot of orchestra, some soundstracks, and alternative rock in the car. These choices are likely in the minority compared to what everyone else listens to.

Casey
06-02-2005, 04:22 AM
On The Road Again - Willie Nelson

is one.

Jewels
06-02-2005, 04:30 AM
I usually like playing anything from Lost Prophets and 3 Doors Down. Not any type of music that will make me wanna fall asleep while driving, though, heh.

Behold the Void
06-02-2005, 05:01 AM
My cousin likes listening to the Initial D music. Personally, I'm a classical fan, so I generally tune into the classical stations. Another thing I enjoy is listening to the news, it makes me feel productive even while driving. Jazz is also good.

Kirobaito
06-02-2005, 07:19 AM
In the morning time, <i>Rocky Mountain High</i> always wakes me up real good. During the evening, I prefer a song like <i>Wild Montana Skies</i> or something. Maybe <i>Shanghai Breezes</i>.

Meat Puppet
06-02-2005, 08:31 AM
I can't listen to music while I'm driving because otherwise I start listening too hard and forget to drive right and have a car crash and die. :(

Dreddz
06-02-2005, 11:03 AM
The ultimate car driving music is easy

Cars By Gary Numan

theundeadhero
06-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I like to listen to punk rock while driving.

Misfits
Anti-Flag
Dropkick Murphys

Great get up and go music.

Loony BoB
06-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Casual: Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
City Night: Blair - Have Fun Go Mad
Road Trip: Robbie Williams - Jesus in a Campervan

Disclaimer: I don't drive.

Rye
06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't drive yet, about a year and 27 days until I finally am able to, but it'd be anything I could like to sing to Billy Joel's Piano Man and stuff like that.

Resha
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Heehee I don't drive yet either; but my parents do good for them and when I'm riding in the car, the music I like listening to has to be upbeat and happie, if it's sunshiney. If it's raining, I like slow, sad piano music and stuff. ^_^ Anything goes.

fire_of_avalon
06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Casual: Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
City Night: Blair - Have Fun Go Mad
Road Trip: Robbie Williams - Jesus in a Campervan

Disclaimer: I don't drive.

xD

I listen to the radio when I drive mostly cause I don't have a CD player in my car. This will not change in the near future. However, given the choice, I always choose something fast I can sing a long to and not have to think about, because if I start thinking about it Meat Puppet happens. Lucky Boys Confusion is fun stuff to drive too, especially songs like Broken and Hey Driver (obvious), and classic rock stuff by Blue Oyster Cult and Bad Company. Some Metallica stuff is a lot of fun to drive to... but a lot of this depends on how you drive. >:D

EDIT: Jerk smilies *shakes fist*

Zeldy
06-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Queen! I had to listen to them every year going to wales and back
"ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAAAAAAY, THE SUN IS SHINING"
*dances*

theundeadhero
06-02-2005, 03:50 PM
and classic rock stuff by Blue Oyster Cult GODZILLA! Love that song.

Queen!One time me and my buddy Rich was listening to Orchestral Queen music really loud while driving through Mexican town. They didn't like it :(

DMKA
06-02-2005, 06:57 PM
"Get Low" by Lil Jon & The Eastside Boys.

SadisticStreetSoldie
06-02-2005, 10:19 PM
To pump a morning up: Robbie Williams - Strong
For a chilled afternoon: Simple Plan - Addicted, Feeder - Just A Day, Natalie Imbrulia - Torn
To get you pumped up when going to a party: Papa Roach - In Between Angels And Insects, The Mavericks - Dance The Night Away, Lou Bega - Mambo No 5, Craig David - Spanish
To enhance the moment you run down your long-term enemy: Anything by Oteph, Papa Roach - Between Angels And Insects, anything by Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil - Trance Awake followed immediately by Senzafine (I don't have any of Lacuna Coil's albums so I don't know if those two songs are connected anyways)

Shoeberto
06-02-2005, 11:24 PM
DJ Shadow's "Endtroducing" album.

Chris
06-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Slave To The Rhythm by Grace Jones
What a great song to listen to while driving; pre-Philly disco soul.

The Captain
06-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run" album is great to listen to when driving, especially to get pumped up in the morning or even to feel introspective during the afternoon or evening.

I also enjoy listening to jazz, such as Buddy Rich or Charlie Parker when I'm driving, and they again, can fit into any category since they can range from insanely uptempo to mellow and smooth.

Take care all.