PDA

View Full Version : I seriously have doubts about the 360...

Buccura
06-02-2005, 04:39 AM
I watched the E3 press conference for Microsoft, and I must say, I cant say the XBox 360 brought as much to a smile as my face as the Nintendo or Sony conference.

For starters, the whole having a store online, and being able to sell Skateparks for the Tony Hawk games. First off, I think the store concept is a little bit rediculous, since you can easily just sign up to Cafepress.com without spending the money for the console. Also, selling Skateparks? Why would I want to pay money for some cheap thing some 13 year old made in 10 minutes?

And taking out the Hardrive? That was the best thing about the Xbox was that it came with a HD. I hear there is going to be one but, I also hear you have to buy it seperatly...

Not to mention the Silver version of XBox live. If I read correctly, if you actually want to play online, you have to join the paid gold account. That I must say is rediculous, concidering that from what I know, Sony and Nintendo wont be charging (Correct me if I'm wrong if they are).

And they also mentioned "You can play the best selling XBox games on the 360". Ok, playing games like Fable, Halo, Halo 2, Morrowind and what not on a better system is all good and well but, what about the other great games like Shenmue II, Beyond Good and Evil, and many many others? What about those?

On a slight side note, asking Bungie to finish Halo3 in time for the PS3, I think thats terribly unfair for Bungie, concidering how much trouble they went through to make Halo 2, which took them what, 2 years? Simply put, I fear that Halo 3 is seriously going to suck...

Thats my view. Of all the 3 console showings, the 360 was the least impressive, and made me feel alienated (I know I"m quoteing G4, but it is true)

Necronopticous
06-02-2005, 04:47 AM
I am also least impressed with the Xbox 360 of the three next-gen consoles. Sadly enough, I say this not even having seen one projected thing beside the design of the Revolution.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-02-2005, 04:58 AM
Halo 3 being released when PS3 comes out is a brilliant marketing ploy, but unfortunately it probably will just mean that Halo 3 will be a glorified update. Kind of like Halo 2 was.

Tidus Andronicus
06-02-2005, 06:16 AM
I don't like the online stuff that MS is planning at all... most of the stuff they are planning for 360's Live, is just another way for MS to make even more money... Luckly, most users wont need/use the online market stuff.

And the fact that the 360 won't even have true backwards compatability, is just lame... you will only be able to play a few of the most popular Xbox 1 games... wtf?... If MS wants to pull cr@p like that... they shouldn't drop their existing support for Xbox 1... >_> that was a dumb choice.

Ok... and the whole pushing Halo 3 for the PS3 release... thats just bull cr@p... thats a terrible marketing ploy... For one, thats just low... but also, its gonna force Bungie (a good game developer) to really really rush a game, that shouldn't come out for another year and a half. And for that reason, Halo 3 is gonna really suck...
Unfortunetly, a lot of Halo fans will still get it, most likely being disappointed afterward...

Honestly, I don't see Halo 3 effecting PS3's sales at all though... If someone is willing to make the commitment to buy a game system, then a single game wont stop them for long. It almost makes MS seem weak, if they feel they need to pull cr@p like that.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-02-2005, 07:29 AM
The reason I say it's a good marketing ploy is because it will keep focus on the Xbox so that it won't die like the Dreamcast did with an early release, and the fact that they were able to corner the market with their earlier release also allows them to corner the market earlier, so they'll come away that much richer.

Necronopticous
06-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Why did Mistwalker choose Xbox ;_;

Dreddz
06-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Im disappointed in what little changes there doing to the machine except a more powerful hardrive

Samuraid
06-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Im disappointed in what little changes there doing to the machine except a more powerful hardrive

360 is far better than standard Xbox. Nearly everything has been changed.

I'm not saying the system is good or bad per say, just far better than its predecessor.

Maxico
06-02-2005, 11:48 AM
You can only play online with the silver service on SOME weekends. That translates to a couple of days every year.

Lionx
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Then whats the point? >_> Silver should be at least basic online play, if you want fancy stuff then pay for Gold, at least thats what i feel. I dont know the details though. Now even i am doubting the Xbox...again.

BTW can anyone link to the E3 shows for each console? If its possible that is ^^;

crashNUMBERS
06-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Then whats the point? >_> Silver should be at least basic online play, if you want fancy stuff then pay for Gold, at least thats what i feel. I dont know the details though. Now even i am doubting the Xbox...again.

BTW can anyone link to the E3 shows for each console? If its possible that is ^^;
You have IO cable?? 'Cause you could've watched it on G4...

Lionx
06-02-2005, 08:19 PM
I dont have cable unfortunetly =/ else i prolly would have watched that program..sadly :(

squareSOFT
06-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Why did Mistwalker choose Xbox ;_;

Sad, isn't it?

Excelsior
06-03-2005, 06:38 AM
"Unfortunetly, a lot of Halo fans will still get it, most likely being disappointed afterward..."

i hope it sucks, so frickin halo-lovers can get off there stupid trip and stop going "OMFG HALO IS TEH BESTEST GAME EVAR!1!!1 JOO SUXORS FR NT LKING IT I PWNS JOO N00B!1!"

Battousai62
06-07-2005, 02:46 AM
Not me. I am rooting for the xbox 360, though i am a huge sony fan too.

ISRviper
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
how can they release Halo 3 at the same time that Sony is realeasing the PS3 when nobody knows when the PS3 is coming out. Microsoft is just delaying the inevitable wich is Sony wooping there ass with a better Next gen. console.

Tidus Andronicus
06-08-2005, 03:12 AM
Microsoft is also working extreamly hard to get a Halo movie made soon. lol On G4 earlier today, they were talking about how Microsoft had guys dressed in Halo costumes delivering the movie ideas to multiple movie studios. XD

http://www.bnet.com/story.html?id=22124

Film News: Microsoft gets game in bidding war -- Monday was Master Chief's day in Hollywood. Messengers outfitted as the kick-ass space marine from Microsoft vidgame "Halo" hit the studios Monday with a screenplay based on the bestselling franchise. Script is by "28 Days Later" scribe Alex Garland.

Battousai62
06-08-2005, 03:17 AM
This will be an interesting war to watch methinks.

Excelsior
06-08-2005, 06:39 AM
maybe if halo had an intresting story...or characters...or you know...anything besides fun gameplay that might be a good movie.

YukiKiro
06-08-2005, 04:03 PM
all consoles have good points and bad points, but you got to remember that the consoles being sold aren't just for the gamer pleasure, they're sold to make profits, and lots of it. eirgo the companies are going to try and squeze every penny they can out of these systems. i am suprised that xbox is going to reliese first, conscidering last time they waited for the PS2 to come out, baught one, tore it apart to see what made it tick, then made the xbox 1 step up. coming out first isn't always the greatest idea. PSP is a great example of this. you don't like all three systems? then that's your problem. until you make your own system you'll never have a system that is perfect. but perfect in the gaming world is simply a matter of oppinion seeing as how the more you put into the system the more it will cost, and the more iffy consumers will feel about purchasing your system. you cannot please everyone, it might as well be a scientific fact.

Samuraid
06-08-2005, 09:05 PM
If you remember back, many people (some on this forums as well) thought the Xbox would not make it. Well, truth be told, it has made it. The same will likely happen to the Xbox 360 whether everyone likes it or not. It's not a bad thing.

The point is, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are likely going to make it, especially with the gamer/fan bases of each and the widespread resources of the parent companies.

ljkkjlcm9
06-09-2005, 06:25 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that all 3 next gen consoles will make it. PS3 for Sony's always wide variety of games, X-Box 360 for games like Halo and i'm sure something having to do with "best online play," and the Nintendo Revolution for the fact that some people, such as myself, love the classic characters like Samus, and Link, and Mario, and can't get enough of them.... and being able to download the old games... now that's awesome...

THE JACKEL

edczxcvbnm
06-09-2005, 02:41 PM
I just wanted to comment on the Halo movie that was mentioned above. Its seems as though M$ wanted 10 million up front and 15% of the gross. They also wanted to retain complete control of the series from the story perspective so it remains true and accurate to the games.

So far Dreamworks and someone else has passed this one up. I think it is because they will not get to keep any creative control.

Battousai62
06-16-2005, 02:49 AM
LoL I love Halo haters. They say stuff that doesnt make sense.

GooeyToast
06-16-2005, 03:00 AM
So far, it looks like the 360 is the weakest of the 3 consoles, mainly because Microsoft keeps dishing out all these comments likr "free online play", and then it turns out that it's not true at all.

I also think Microsft jumping out in front will either make it, or break it for them in the race. It seems Nintendo & Sony are being patient on releasing their respective consloes, whereas MS want to be the oens who jumpstart this whole "next generation" of games.

Battousai62
06-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Omega does have a point. M$ better be careful.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-16-2005, 06:48 AM
I think part of the failure involved in the Dreamcast (which Xbox 360 has been equated with due to the earlier release date) is the lack of a substantial number of really fun games. Now that's not to say Dreamcast didn't have good games, but they didn't have a lot, and Sega's always been fairly weak in the gaming competition. I do not believe such a thing will happen with the Xbox 360 because Microsoft does have the clout to keep a steady line of new games. Of course, I don't think many of them are very good, but many people do enjoy them quite a bit.

Battousai62
06-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Man just about everyone hates M$ in here:(

GooeyToast
06-17-2005, 01:04 AM
I don't "hate" Microsoft, but they're not my favorite.

Tidus Andronicus
06-17-2005, 01:12 AM
I hate Microsoft! lol... but not cause of the Xbox... I hate them cause of Windows... lol XD and their other software thats evil...
I like somethings about Xbox, and some of the games on it. lol

Go Linux! ^_^/

Destai
06-17-2005, 01:38 AM
I dont like the company or theyre particularly sly business tactics.

Samuraid
06-17-2005, 02:13 AM
I don't hate Microsoft...but I think some of their products are not well made. I don't hate Xbox either; similarly, I don't hate any of the other consoles. ;)

I'm sure that many people here tend to appreciate Sony (and some Nintendo) as many Final Fantasy and other RPG games reside on Sony consoles.

Hroth
06-17-2005, 02:22 AM
The XBOX 360 is barely an upgraded version of the xbox, there is barely nothing new and the graphics aren't really that much better. I'm pretty sure the PS3 will Dreamcast the 360. MS also doesn't have Japan so the PS3 will have better sales so.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-17-2005, 04:47 AM
I don't hate Microsoft, they DO have their headquarters near where I live, after all, and they do do something for the economy here which I rather appreciate. I just think many of their products are shoddy and they don't have a lot of games worth playing, and thus it isn't worth my time or money.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-17-2005, 05:39 AM
I just wish all three companies would shake hands and make one big console, so that i don't have to buy all three to play the damn games I want.

Battousai62
06-17-2005, 05:48 AM
I agree windows xp leaves alot to be desired. I hope Longhorn will be dramatically better and simpler. They need to refine the shi-ite out of their code instead of building on it.

O yeah keep dreaming hroth.

Tidus Andronicus
06-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Honestly, I'd prefer that there always be competition in the console wars... Competition is good to drive forward technology!
War drives technology! lol

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-17-2005, 08:30 AM
I also enjoy competition, if for no other reason than I abhor monopolies and the power they can grant.

Battousai62
06-17-2005, 04:54 PM
hehe good points.