PDA

View Full Version : Rikku: Overrated?

Imperia
06-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do like Rikku. She's very sweet, kind, and loyal, but sometimes I think she can be a bit overrated. She is often chosen over Yuna as the favorite (even in X-2), and sometimes I don't really think it's fair just because Yuna was the quiet type in FFX. Rikku has flaws too.

What do you think?

Leene
06-02-2005, 10:52 AM
:save: No,not really. :save:

lionhearted
06-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Didn't like Rikku - came into the game way too late to be useful, apart from Stealing and Customising she had no use to me.

crazybayman
06-02-2005, 12:49 PM
yep, overrated. Useful for stealing to get items for customizing, but other than that she's not much use at all.

I tend to prefer my strong attack goons, Tidus, Auron, Wakka and Kimarhi. :D The rest tend to take a back seat, and are just used when needed for stealing, healing, support magic, elemental magic.

Dreddz
06-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I love Rikku
Sure she came late but she has very useful techniques
I trained her up to be able to do 20,000 with her mug ability

CaptRory
06-02-2005, 04:27 PM
I liked Rikku and I believe she was neither overrated nor underrated. The characters in FFX were rather transparent, you could tell what kind of person they were shortly after being introduced to them so there weren't any surprises there. As for her combat skills, she had more going for her then simply having access to the thieving skills off the bat, she also had access to underwater areas and combat along with Wakka and Tidus. It wasn't necessary to level all three of them up, but without the support of the land based characters it was certainly helpful to have them strong. I taught her Thundara and then Thundaga as soon as possible to exploit the fact that she was one of the underwater characters.

Now, having said all that, I prefer Yuna over Rikku, over every other character for that matter. But it just comes down to personal taste, If you complete the sphere grid then the characters are almost completely identacle.

boys from the dwarf
06-02-2005, 09:34 PM
people like her too much.she damn well annoying.

TurkSlayer
06-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Overrated? Half the people I've seen on this forum don't like her! I think she's underrated. She was part of my main party usually (I switch between her and Lulu, and I pretty much always have Auron and Tidus). I liked her a lot more than Wakka and Yuna.

boys from the dwarf
06-03-2005, 07:51 AM
but people that do like her like her too much.

Del Murder
06-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Rikku is great. She has good speed and her ultimate weapon has that nifty gillionare. I guess she is overrated in the fact that too many lonley boys want to do her.

Seraf
06-06-2005, 05:53 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do like Rikku. She's very sweet, kind, and loyal, but sometimes I think she can be a bit overrated. She is often chosen over Yuna as the favorite (even in X-2), and sometimes I don't really think it's fair just because Yuna was the quiet type in FFX. Rikku has flaws too.

What do you think?

Rikku is hot.

thinking of names is hard
06-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I guess she is overrated in the fact that too many lonley boys want to do her.

Rikku is hot.

He he...that made me laugh.

Anyways...why do i like Rikku? Basically because i never had a problem with her in the game i i used her all the time. It never occured to me until coming to these forums that Rikku was annoying. Some people....do like her a bit much (some to the point where they have a serious problem) but i was surprised that alot of people hated her. I understand their reasons now i think about it...
She was useful to me in the game, and i always used her in my team. She had character...perhaps more character than most other characters in the game. So innocent, child like, cute, chirpy and optimistic. How can somone hate a person so much who is like that?

CaptRory
06-07-2005, 12:55 AM
So innocent, child like, cute, chirpy and optimistic. How can somone hate a person so much who is like that?

The same reason people hate a morning person? I like her personality and general outlook too but I can see where people would find her irritating. Now Kimahri irritated me, I wanted to keep correcting him. "For the love of all that is good and holy use some pronouns!"

*edited to fix a typo*

06-07-2005, 09:39 PM
So innocent, child like, cute, chirpy and optimistic. How can somone hate a person so much who is like that?
The same reason people hate a morning person?

Bah....morning people...i hate them so much :mad2:

Crop
06-08-2005, 04:06 PM

What do you think?

Rikku is hot.

lol.... I hope you were joking.

*iloveme06*
06-08-2005, 10:15 PM
I think Rikku's alright. When I first started playing, I know she became one of my favorites. . .so, I don't know. She seems, okay-I guess.

Linkin69
06-21-2005, 11:45 AM
no way!, i luv her, get her stats up nice n high 200+ and she kiks sum seriously arse, and shes quik and easy on the eyes for a game charecter

06-21-2005, 05:02 PM
no way!, i luv her, get her stats up nice n high 200+ and she kiks sum seriously arse, and shes quik and easy on the eyes for a game charecter
Get anyones stats nice and high and they will kick some serious ass.

squareSOFT
06-21-2005, 09:45 PM
It's her thieving that makes her useful. If you take the time to steal from most enemies you will find she is quite decent. Mabe not a top 3 character but still fairly good.

-N-
06-21-2005, 11:20 PM
In NSG games her Mix and Steal are indispensable.

Beefing her up for fighting Shinryu is also a necessity.

rubah
06-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Rikku can cast about 12 protective spells at once. That's pretty worthy.

yuffielover
07-18-2005, 02:06 AM
I think Yuna was the most overrated character, and Lulu as the most underrated character. Rikku, I sorta think was just right for the fans. She's probably the most useful character, I maxed out everything of hers, Including HP and Luck.

Slade
07-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Nope. Rikku is not overrated. Yuna in FFX-2 is overrated. I cant stand her...they turned an awsome charcter into......shudder.....a ditz. Sometimes she was ok but most of the time it was like she was trying to be cute. I especially hate the bit at the end where she says "Im going home"....i look away most times i watch that scene (well not really but i wanna)

T-MaN
07-22-2005, 01:26 AM
Yuna is my best character after Tidus. So I'd say Yuna kiks @$$.

Rikku is awesome too. I pumped her up (the hard way by fighting monsters, and not those other overdrive>ap abilities way) and she became my 4th strongest member with Khimari as 3rd.

I can't stand Lulu though. She is my weakest.

sephiroth the dark angel
08-16-2005, 01:43 PM
heeeeeeeeeeeeey thanks to rikku and her ultimate weapon im rich u know and now i got 99 of evrithing cose the money she steals so i don't think rikku's overrated not at all just because she acts like a kid sometimes dosen't mean she's overrated she's cool from my point of view

Rengori
08-16-2005, 04:13 PM
I want to kill her!But I want to kill everyone in FFX, so she doesn't stand out very much.

Medi
08-16-2005, 06:44 PM
I absolutely hate Rikku, everything about her. But that's just me.

Cruise Control
08-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Rikku was amazing, I liked her personality, and I'm a bit of a theif (understatement) myself. She was so fragile though, I had armor loaded with HP plus until her HP went up.

Master Quan
08-16-2005, 07:06 PM
She is the single most annoying FF character EVER. Second only to brother.

Her voice makes me want to gag, in, not only the way it sounds, but the bollocks that she says, "Disasteriffic" I mean WTF? Is she six or something?

Not only in her mannerisms but in the way she looks too, she walks around in clothes that are practically needless, and just ARGG....

Please lord God just kill Rikku and stop her from ever appearing again.

.....she's a terrible fighter as well.

crazybayman
08-16-2005, 07:10 PM
I absolutely hate Rikku, everything about her. But that's just me.
Its not just you! I do too!! :p

Man, she was so annoying. What is that $hit she does at the end of battle? Pointing at the dead carcass? Shrugging her shoulders? :p

If I forgot that she was in the party, she'd always get the first attack at the beginning of battle, due to her quickness, but because she is naturally weak (if you follow her sphere grid path initially), it doesn't do crap. I guess she's useful for stealing. But that's all.

Rengori
08-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Now that I think about, Rikku's extremely useful when fighting robots.

MoonLight-Selphie
08-21-2005, 03:39 AM
im still trying to figure out why everyone has to hate on rikku.
yuna is okay i don't dislike her but damnit she is i don't know i think she's kinda weird

and rikku kinda reminds me of me alittle only i don't dress like her

Don't double post please. -kikimm

Zante
08-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Rikku is my 3 fav char in X. Although X-2 totaly ruined her imho. (Same for Yuna, for that matter.)

KuRt
08-24-2005, 03:27 PM
So customize, use, s teal and mix arenīt useful?
Highly doubtful. Rikku is great

Cruise Control
08-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Rikku is amazing, customize kicks ass.