PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions...

FinalBob42
06-02-2005, 02:11 PM
1) Is there any way to change the default font?

2) What's a good and perhaps unlimited source of Aura Magic?

3) Should I avoid random battles because my level also affects the levels of the enemies in the game?

boys from the dwarf
06-02-2005, 09:25 PM
question1.as far as i know no.
2.i dont know.
3.no.being high levels is a good thing. it makes some bosses harder but not enough to make to big an effect.unless you want an easy time fighting omega.if your level 1 omegas hp is 111000 but level 100 is more likw 1111000

BG-57
06-03-2005, 02:38 AM

There are invisible Aura draw points on the Island Closest to Heaven and the Island Closest to Hell. There are others, but these refill fairly quickly.

If you want to avoid battles while you draw equip Diablos' Enc-None

3) Should I avoid random battles because my level also affects the levels of the enemies in the game?

Generally most enemies are equivalent levels to your party. So as you get stronger, so do they. And you can improve stats without leveling by simply junctioning strong magic.

However, the best argument for leveling up is you get more GF abilities.

Personally I level up three of my main characters and leave the other three unleveled until I get Jumbo Catuar, who gives your characters great stat bonuses when they level up.

FinalBob42
06-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Another question:

How do you "draw" a GF? A tips guide I read stated that you should "draw a GF" before actually beating him (as is the case with drawing Siren before actually beating ELVORET). What the hell does that mean?

For Example:

QUOTE:
This is your first opportunity to get the useful Double spells, which allow you to cast a spell twice in one turn. Draw a LOT of those, as many as you can for each character, then have one person draw Siren, your next GF. After drawing magic, it's time to get the battle underway and fight ELVORET.

tranvanhieu
06-04-2005, 04:35 AM
Um..There are three ways to get GF
* Beating them
* Getting prequisite or being gifted
* And Drawing from Boss
The game gave you Quezacolt and Shiva,you have Ifrit by beating him.
And Siren is the first GF you acquire by Drawing.You drew magic many time,didn't you? OK,draw GFs just like draw usual magics.The difference is :you always success drawing a GF (appear a notice "(GF's Name) acquire") and you can only use that GF after the battle.When you choose command Draw against Elvoret there will be a list of magic
Thunder
Double
Siren
Choose Siren and you will acquire her.Easy,ya?After you draw Siren the list will lost "Siren" ,of course, because she's yours now!

About Aura,except Seifer in disc III I 'm affraid there is no boss or monster have this wonderful magic and After beating him, you can no longer return to the world map to test this magic.The best way to get Aura,just in my opinion,is fighting Weldigo(Lv >=30) and win a lot of Steel Pipe(there is damn many).Use Support Magic Refine ability(Leviathan's if I remember) and you will have 10 Aura each Steel Pipe

About leveling,the best way MUST be Card command .When encounting a monster,you reduce it's HP and use command Card to draw that monster into a card (the less HP the monster have,the more odd you can draw it).You won't receive EXP but you still have AP,Item and you have more card for playing or refining.

The Anarchy Angel
06-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Aura can be drawn from the Shumi Village Draw Point too but you have to pay a lot. If you want, i have an entire list of requiremenst for GF's and which bosses to draw them from. And don't worry if you miss any, duplicates appear in Ultimecia's castle but that's disk 4

JulioA
06-05-2005, 08:18 AM
I dont remember on which Island it is but theres alot of Auras on what I think is the Island closet to hell, but it could be heaven Im not sure. I havent played in so long.

Sepho
06-05-2005, 05:46 PM
1) Is there any way to change the default font?

Nuh huh.

In addition to the invisible draw points on the Islands Closest to Heaven & Hell, tranvanhieu also mentioned the Steel Pipe refinement method. I was going to mention this as well because, personally, I think it's much faster, and it's less boring than walking around rapidly tapping the action button, and waiting for the draw points to recharge. Your best bet is utilizing a combination of the two. Get freebies at all the draw points, then go fight Wendigos while you're waiting for them to restock.

The base stats of your party members and your enemies increase at the same time, but higher level enemies wield stronger magic for the drawing, which when junctioned to your stats, will give you an edge over your enemies (though, I think that item refinement is a better way of getting magic than drawing)

In reality, you won't need any sort of edge given FF8's low difficulty. Honestly, there's so many different ways to playing the game; be it casually playing with little concern for stats, to strategically waiting to level up with stat bonus GF abilities. Use the method that's most fun for you.

How do you "draw" a GF? A tips guide I read stated that you should "draw a GF" before actually beating him (as is the case with drawing Siren before actually beating ELVORET). What the hell does that mean

I think it's meant to say you should draw a GF from a boss before finishing off the boss. The three ways to get a GF have already been well explained, so I won't reiterate. I'll just say that GF's name will show up in the draw list just as spells do. There's no trick to it. You select Draw -> and there the GF's name will be.

Skyblade
06-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Aura can be drawn from the Shumi Village Draw Point too but you have to pay a lot. If you want, i have an entire list of requiremenst for GF's and which bosses to draw them from. And don't worry if you miss any, duplicates appear in Ultimecia's castle but that's disk 4

Umm, no, that's Ultima, not Aura...

The Anarchy Angel
06-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I apologise, my brain goes numb now and then i mean Ultima, Aura, no difference really (hehehe sure) ^_~