PDA

View Full Version : Uh, is this bad?

DreamingOfDreams
06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Um, I'm at the bit where everyone's on Ragnaroc (is that spelt right?)on the 4th disk, after Squall saved Rinoa from space, and I'm not sure how near this is to the end of the game, but my highest level character is Squall at Levle 24 :( Is this bad? I have the GF you get from the lamp and Odin, but none of the additional wepons, and, to be honest, I'm a complet amature. What should I do?

Havoc
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
What should I do?

Level up.

DreamingOfDreams
06-02-2005, 05:56 PM
What's the best way to do it quickly?

Khimbar
06-02-2005, 05:56 PM
actually, in FFVIII the enemies level up as you do, so you could theoretically beat the game with Squall at 7 Quistis at 8 Irvine at 13 etc. no joke, you just gotta draw like crazy, and card monsters so you get AP but no EXP, and yes, it can be done.

DreamingOfDreams
06-02-2005, 06:15 PM
So, it dosn't matter? Do you have to fight Ultimacia at the end?

Abraxas
06-02-2005, 06:24 PM
You certainly have to deal with her if you want to win the game!

Maybe you should try it as you are right now, and then start the game again, this time trying to get every GF, item, weapon and card!
That way you'll have two very different gaming experiences.

Levian
06-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Screw the levels, you don't need them. Draw lots of powerful magic and junction them to your slots. Be sure to learn some nice junctioning spells from your GF's too so you can junction magic to more slots. All the power lies in the junctioning, really.

DreamingOfDreams
06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Pity I'm not very good at it then. I usualy just have a go, try and kick their arses, and if that dosn't work, keep going (into the early hours of the morning) until they're dead. One thing I found out was that if you press circle/square (depends what works) while you are casting a GF that know's boost, a number will appear and you got to keep pressing x until the number is over 100. You can take up to 9999hp off aparently, but I've never got that much.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-02-2005, 06:54 PM
GET ULTIMAS!!!!!:evilking:

DreamingOfDreams
06-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Where from?

Levian
06-02-2005, 07:28 PM
There's a drawing point outside Shumi village, but it costs money. There's probably another way :/ There's always other powerful spells to junction though. Like Tornado.

DreamingOfDreams
06-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Oh, those. I didn't think they were called ultimas. oh well, I've got millions of them, but I always seem to get silenced before I can use them :-S

boys from the dwarf
06-02-2005, 09:27 PM
this is the easiest game to level up on.you only need 99000 exp to get to lvl100 and at 1000 exp for some battles you can get to level 100 in 1-3 hrs.

BackRoomKid
06-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I would say go to the the Island's Closest To Heaven or Island Closest to Hell but you wouldn't stand a chance

I think the best chance of Leveling up would be in the Esther countries

and start collecting items that turn into Curagas, Full-Life's, etc to raise your stats (can be found in the Esther country and elsewear)

kaoz
06-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Basically just level up more and Use items that will raise your stats!!! So learn to junction well and you'll be fine!!!!

DreamingOfDreams
06-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks. Also, where do you get all the GFs from?

crazybayman
06-03-2005, 12:08 PM
I suggest you go back to centra ruins and get the GF Tonberry King. You just have to beat 20 tonberries, and as soon as you defeat the 20th, the tonberry king will show up. Defeat him, and you get that GF.

Even more importantly, if you don't have GF Cactaur, go to Cactaur island and get him. Its a desert island, southeast of Centra continent. If you hang out there for a few seconds, you'll see a giant Cactuar popping up around the island..........try to touch it, and you'll get to fight it. Defeat it, and you get the GF Cactuar, which I found VERY useful.

This is, of course, if you don't have these GFs already.

The more GFs you have, the more junctioning slots you have. This is what gives you power.

And when you're feeling especially bold, go to the underwater research centre, and get Bahamut, and then proceed to fight Ultima Weapon. Its at the southwestern most part of the world map (bottom left corner). This'll keep you busy.

DreamingOfDreams
06-03-2005, 12:19 PM
I found the underwater research center, but I didn't know what it was. If you fight Bahamut, do you go strait to the Ultima wepon fight?

The Anarchy Angel
06-03-2005, 01:04 PM
In Ultimecia's catsle you can pivk up lots of nice btalle experience from the random battles that are just around on the floors, draw some good magics and i suggest using the four portals that are on the chain to go back to the "real world" then going to The Island Closest to Hell (furthest west)

DreamingOfDreams
06-03-2005, 01:07 PM
? I havn't got that far yet. I'm just dort of wondering round at the moment.