PDA

View Full Version : y cudnt aries be revived wiv pheonix down

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 04:34 PM
was there a reason y no-one just resurected aries with a pheonix down, cus al the other charatcers die all the time and thats how they're saved

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
They don't die, they're just knocked out. Aeris DIED, a Phoenix Down doesn't do anything about that.

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
but isnt the pheonix down described as brings charachter bck to life or sumat like that.
and if there knocked out there should b sum hp left for them but its all gone therefore dead

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-02-2005, 04:51 PM
No, they aren't dead. The only Final Fantasy game in which characters actually die is Final Fantasy Tactics, and that's only when they don't receive medical attention soon enough. There is generally no magic in Final Fantasy strong enough to actually return someone to life, the universe is set up so that death is eternal, which is fairly standard fare for most fantasy worlds.

If you look at the status of KO'd characters, I believe it says "wounded". That's a lot different than "dead".

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
then y is it gameover if everyone is 'wounded'. surely they shud be able to heal themselves. besides if theyre alive y do they have no hp,. answer that and ill be happy

Khimbar
06-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Well, its just my belief that 'wounded' means 'unconcious and bleeding to death', so another party member either uses the Monk ability Revive, cast's Life, or uses a Phoenix Down to 'stop the life-threatening bleeding and bring back concious', so now that person has like 10 HP and is only moderately bleeding. Is that enough to satify you? :p

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 05:26 PM
no

Meat Puppet
06-02-2005, 05:27 PM
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is all.

Erdrick Holmes
06-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Did you type the topic while wearing oven mits?

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 05:47 PM
no i have 2 broken fingers

Erdrick Holmes
06-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Oh.

Well, the only FF that I can think of where the characters can be revived from death with a Pheonix Down is FF1 or 3.

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 05:49 PM
thats not answering the question, y didnt they just revive aries with a pheonix down

Masamune·1600
06-02-2005, 05:53 PM
There is a clear difference in Final Fantasy games between battle physics and real-world physics. Note that enemies with guns can fire at the party dozens of times without causing significant damage, yet a few shots are sufficient to kill Zack in the Cloud and Zack basement flashback. You might also look to FFIX, where Kuja, having trapped the party, threatens to plunge them into lava. The reaction of the party indicates that this would obviously be fatal, regardless of any equipment that might nullify or absorb fire elemental attacks. HP is unquestionably a battle convention, and is generally not reflected by real-world circumstances.

Flying Mullet
06-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Everyone has answered your question several times, you just don't want to listen. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean your question hasn't been answered.

Having 0 hit points does not mean death, it means that your character is unconscious, and therefor can't act in battle. When you use a Pheonix Down on an unconscious character it wakes them back up. That's why you get a Game Over if everyone is unconscious, because no one can wakes everyone else up as they are all unconscious, so the enemy can take their time disposing of the party. In Aeris' case, she would have -9999 hit points, because being gutted by a sword will do that to you. As her hit points are below 0, a phoenix down won't work on her.

Thus they can't revive her with a Pheonix Down as she is not unconscious, but dead. And Phoenix Downs only work on unconscious people, not dead people.

DMKA
06-02-2005, 06:04 PM
may b u shuld typ teh answer mor liek dis 2 maek it undrstandbel

Levian
06-02-2005, 06:21 PM
If you think that is a mystery, try figuring out why the characters disappear when summons appear. :confused:

Perducci
06-02-2005, 06:42 PM
If you think that is a mystery, try figuring out why the characters disappear when summons appear. :confused:

So that the summons don't kill them, obviously. :tongue:

Levian
06-02-2005, 06:48 PM

Oh, I guess that makes sense. That's probably why Aeris died too, she just forgot to disappear. Stupit weed-girl.

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 06:52 PM
her only possible use in life is an organ donor or cannon fodder

DMKA
06-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Too bad more people don't have the ability to disappear in the instance of a fatal event, eh?

silverpigeon97
06-02-2005, 07:07 PM
how do u know that they do have the ability, but just neva use it

DMKA
06-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Holy showed me.

Perducci
06-02-2005, 07:13 PM

Oh, I guess that makes sense. That's probably why Aeris died too, she just forgot to disappear. Stupit weed-girl.

That's exactly why she died. She was too busy praying to disappear.

Levian
06-02-2005, 07:26 PM

That's exactly why she died. She was too busy praying to disappear.

Oh, I don't think she was praying, I think she just summoned Sephiroth and forgot to disappear.