PDA

View Full Version : KH - possible to fight old enemies outside of colliseum?

Croyles
06-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi im just wondering if its possible to fight old enemies ONCE they get upraded when you fight riku in hollow bastion. for example, i need to fight green requiems in order to get bright shards so i can synthesise some items in order to get ultima weapon. so is it? cause i cant find those heartless anywhere now.

EDIT: i accidently wrote BEFORE instead of ONCE

KuRt
06-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Yes they can be found from different places

Master Quan
06-02-2005, 09:04 PM
You can just continually summon Bambi, in the hopes he drops some, (maybe go to merlin so you don't loose MP, not sure if that will work) or you can try and get some of White Mushrooms.

Croyles
06-02-2005, 09:34 PM
i meant old heartless in general, not just green requiem and bight shard items. but thanks anyway

thanks kurt i guess ill just look some more.

Skyblade
06-03-2005, 12:23 AM
i meant old heartless in general, not just green requiem and bight shard items. but thanks anyway

thanks kurt i guess ill just look some more.

My advice for shards and gems is the ever wonderful White Mushrooms. Each of your magic spells corresponds to one of the types of shards/gems, and casting that type of spell on White Mushrooms will get you plenty fairly quickly.

Fire-Blaze Shard/Gem
Blizzard-Frost Shard/Gem
Thunder-Thunder Shard/Gem
Cure-Bright Shard/Gem
Gravity-Lucid Shard/Gem
Stop-Power Shard/Gem
Aero-Spirit Shard/Gem

As for other items... Well, what do you need?

Chibi Youkai
06-03-2005, 12:29 AM
You can get most everything in Traverse Town.

Croyles
06-03-2005, 01:13 AM
i looked in traverse town but its only got the new monsters from hollow bastion now. also, do white mushrooms always appear in certain places? or are they rare? where do they appear?

here is a list of what i need, some of these include items that i can easily get from the new monsters, some not:
Shiny crystal x6
Bright crystal x4
Lucid crystal x5
Power crystal x1
Mystery goo x6
Bright gem x3
Lucid gem x5
Power gem x5
Frost gem x3
Thunder gem x10
Bright shard x4

Skyblade
06-03-2005, 01:26 AM
i looked in traverse town but its only got the new monsters from hollow bastion now. also, do white mushrooms always appear in certain places? or are they rare? where do they appear?

here is a list of what i need, some of these include items that i can easily get from the new monsters, some not:
Shiny crystal x6
Bright crystal x4
Lucid crystal x5
Power crystal x1
Mystery goo x6
Bright gem x3
Lucid gem x5
Power gem x5
Frost gem x3
Thunder gem x10
Bright shard x4

The White Mushrooms are fairly rare. Look at an FAQ for where they show up.

Let's see. For shards and gems, go with the White Mushrooms. For the Mystery Goo, I suggest going to the deck of Hook's ship and start learning to juggle Rare Truffles (you'll get lots of Power Gems if you fight the pirate Heartless when they're up there too). And for the crystals, stick with the enemies from Hallow Bastion.

Croyles
06-03-2005, 01:44 AM
thanks skyblade that helps a lot. do rare truffles come back in the same place once you have messed it up the first time?

Skyblade
06-03-2005, 02:10 AM
thanks skyblade that helps a lot. do rare truffles come back in the same place once you have messed it up the first time?

Rare Truffles, like the White Mushrooms and Black Fungi, show up in the same places over and over again. They just don't happen to show up in that place very often. I suggest going to the deck of Hook's ship to find them for two reasons: First, because they show up fairly often there (1 in 10 to 1 in 15 times for me), and, second, because Truffle juggling is a lot easier if you have the ability to fly.

All three of the mushroom-like Heartless can show up in the last room before Final Rest at End of the World, but they don't show up there very often at all, so I don't suggest waiting there for them.

White Mushroom locations:
Traverse Town Hotel: Red Room (no good, since they stop showing up after you fight Riku at Hallow Bastion).
Deep Jungle: Camp and Treehouse (these places are fairly good places to find them, but they only use Blizzard, Fire, Thunder, and Cure charades here, so you can't get all of the items).
Halloween Town: Graveyard (they use Aero here as well).
Olympus Coliseum: Hades Cup (no items, so don't bother).
Atlantica: Sunken Ship and Undersea Cave (I think they use Stop here, but I can't remember).
Agrabah: Treasure Room (This is where I go to find ones that use Gravity).
Wonderland: Lotus Forest (They only use Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder here, IIRC).
End of the World: Linked Worlds (They use every type of move, but they almost never show up, so I wouldn't suggest it).

Croyles
06-03-2005, 02:47 AM
ok i tried killing rare truffles in neverland and they are so tough. i can never do more than 3 hits in the air. i unequipped aeriel sweep as it interfered but its still hard. when i hit them a few times, they always get pushed to a really unconvenient place where i cant reach them. any tips?

Skyblade
06-03-2005, 02:51 AM
ok i tried killing rare truffles in neverland and they are so tough. i can never do more than 3 hits in the air. i unequipped aeriel sweep as it interfered but its still hard. when i hit them a few times, they always get pushed to a really unconvenient place where i get reach them. any tips?

Ok, first, start flying before you attack them. I left Aerial Sweep equipped, as well. Try to find one away from the masts. The one up at the rear of the ship is usually well placed to hit without running into things too quickly. Fly right next to the Truffle, wait for it to jump, then attack. After that, it is just a matter of timing. If you get too close to something, be ready to make an emergency swing to keep the Truffle in the air. Otherwise, just keep attacking as soon as the Truffle drops down into your range. Don't press any button except the attack button. If you are locked on, you will hit it every time, and the fact that you are flying will keep you fairly close to the Truffle.

Croyles
06-03-2005, 02:55 AM
ok thanks its just that i can never see it with these bad camera angles. ill give it another go :D

KuRt
06-03-2005, 11:49 AM
You can find all the old monsters from the places you found them earlier and there will also be a couple of new monsters from hollow bastion.

Croyles
06-03-2005, 04:12 PM
ahhem, no. for example in traverse town, there is NOWHERE you can find green requiems anymore.

KuRt
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
On top of the gizmo shop... just try a couple of times and they´ll be there

Skyblade
06-03-2005, 09:18 PM
You can find all the old monsters from the places you found them earlier and there will also be a couple of new monsters from hollow bastion.

Where in Traverse Town can you find White Mushrooms after the boost?

Chibi Youkai
06-04-2005, 01:10 AM
You can't find white mushrooms in Traverse town. We're just saying that you can find most everything there. Many of the crystals you need are there, just not under the same creature.

Mercen-X
06-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Atlantica: Sunken Ship and Undersea Cave (I think they use Stop here, but I can't remember).
About Atlantica White Mushrooms: I confirm that these use the Stop charade.

KuRt
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM

Where in Traverse Town can you find White Mushrooms after the boost?
You can´t find them there after the boost. forgot that.

Skyblade
06-07-2005, 01:59 PM
About Atlantica White Mushrooms: I confirm that these use the Stop charade.

Thank you for that confirmation, Mercen-X.

Cruise Control
06-13-2005, 09:38 PM
You can fight all the old monsters, like for example green requiems are now located in Mostro, you just have to look in different worlds.