PDA

View Full Version : The type of place you live in

Cuchulainn
06-03-2005, 04:13 AM
Do you live in a Trailorpark? If so, what's it like?

eestlinc
06-03-2005, 04:14 AM
I did when I was three. I don't remember it much.

Psychotic
Yeah, it's called EoFF. Absolute nightmare. :love:

Jojee
That's a generalization, sir! Not all rednecks live in trailer parks. ;)

Actually, what IS a redneck? =x

Shlup
TheAbominatrix lives in a trailor park! They have lots of critters runnin' about.

eestlinc
06-03-2005, 04:15 AM
a redneck is someone with a sunburned neck

Leeza
06-03-2005, 04:15 AM
I used to live in a trailer park for seven years and when I was really young we lived in a shack. :cat:

Meat Puppet
06-03-2005, 04:16 AM
I used to live in a bus. Never a trailor, though. Or a park.

theundeadhero
06-03-2005, 04:17 AM
I grew up as a young child living with my Mom and older sister in a trailer :)

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 04:17 AM
I do live in a trailer park. Its quite nice, I live in the 'classy' part. The only problem I my psychotic neighbor who hates me.

Shlup
06-03-2005, 04:19 AM
I lived in a trailer when I was three and four but it was in someone's backyard, not a trailer park. We had horses and chickens and a goat that didn't like my dad!

Raven Nox
06-03-2005, 04:34 AM
No, never have. But we live in a really bad apartment complex, if that's anywhere close.

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2005, 05:03 AM
I never lived in a trailerpark, but one of my aunts did. We lived in a trailer til I was ten.

Is there a problem with that?

Ko Ko
06-03-2005, 05:04 AM
Nope. Apartments and Mansions my whole life. :skull2:

DMKA
06-03-2005, 05:05 AM
I lived in a car for a significant period of time during my childhood...never a trailer though.

-N-
06-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Never lived in a trailer before, just ratty apartments in Third World Countries. <3

Shlup
06-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Did anyone say there was? :tongue:

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 06:47 AM
While we're at it, I like my trailer park, but I hate my trailer. Since I've moved in, the following has happened:

-One morning while I was getting ready for work, I stumbled into the bathroom, turned on the sink... and the handle popped off and water exploded all over me.
-There's a giant hole in the floor in the living room/my roomie's room.
-The bathroom door fell off.
-The oven is broken
-The water heater is broken
-I swear something crawled under the bathtub and DIED.
-Broken window.

And so on. Stupid cheap trailer. I want a new one!

The Redneck
06-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Actually, the term "Redneck" was first commonly used in West Virginia, when those in favor of unions wore blue neckerchiefs, and those opposed wore red ones.

I don't live in a trailer park, actually. I live in a trailer, which I rent space out of from my roommate--he lives in it for free because its on his parents' land.

And it's not bad. It's not like a tarpaper shack or something--hell, it's even got a fireplace. In fact, the only downside to it is my roommate, whose exploits include getting stoned each and every morning (and waking up to the reek of pot drifting through the house gets old real quick[/i]), making homemade bombs to light off with his kid and throwing the duds in the trash (doesn't sound so bad? We burn our trash... and he forgot to tell me about this little father-son activity until I found out for myself.), trying to cheat me out of money in just about every possible manner the average six-year-old could think of (I don't know which is more insulting--that he pretends he's my best buddy while lies, cheats, and defrauds for a measly $30, or that he thinks the crap he's trying to pull will actually work...), stealing from his parents, and, according to his most recent employer, getting fired from an earlier job for gettin' bovi-amorous. (Those of you who can't figure that out, you're just gonna be left in the dark. Trust me, it's better that way.) And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

When I did live in a trailer park, though, it sucked. You had to learn to sleep with rap in one ear and something that sounds like polka except the singing's in spanish in the other, bother them constantly to get anything fixed (and just try being as careless with the rent as they are with the maintenance!), and make damn sure everything's locked up, because if it ain't locked up or bolted down, it'll be gone by morning. And if you got a car, don't ever offer anyone a ride or the whole park will think you're a free taxi-service. I had some woman knocking on my door once at 1 in the morning that I'd never seen before in my life, wanting a ride to a town about 60 miles away.

nik0tine
06-03-2005, 07:33 AM
My uncle got married in a trailer park.

Rainecloud
06-03-2005, 07:37 AM
No, I live in a semi-detached house in a semi-acceptable neighbourhood with my semi-annoying parents.

I also have some semi-skimmed milk in the fridge.

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 11:47 AM
When I did live in a trailer park, though, it sucked. You had to learn to sleep with rap in one ear and something that sounds like polka except the singing's in spanish in the other, bother them constantly to get anything fixed (and just try being as careless with the rent as they are with the maintenance!), and make damn sure everything's locked up, because if it ain't locked up or bolted down, it'll be gone by morning. And if you got a car, don't ever offer anyone a ride or the whole park will think you're a free taxi-service. I had some woman knocking on my door once at 1 in the morning that I'd never seen before in my life, wanting a ride to a town about 60 miles away.

You've gotta get into the old people trailer parks. Mine is so quiet, except on weekends and holidays when the travelers come, and even then it's not bad. I leave my door unlocked and my gramma (who I inherited the place from), never locked her car. In fact, she left the keys IN the car. And it's a wonderful change for me, because my old neighborhood was the constant rap/mariachi music and drive bys.

There are some pretty whacked out speed freaks here, though. Good thing they all fear my dad.

Jack
06-03-2005, 11:50 AM
I live near some gypsies if that counts.
They simply park up their Caravans and live until they are kicked off. If they don't get kicked off, they become a community, rather like a Trailer Park. So like a Trailerpark but illegal.

EDIT: *realised that some across the Atlantic may not know what they are*

Peegee
I watched Million Dollar Baby on the plane and it portrayed Rednecks so poorly I'm not sure what to think of them any more :(

Rye
I live in the suburbs of New York. I long for Queens. xD

Resha
06-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I live in a house. It is quite big! But my family hogs the rest of the space and stick me in this tiny room and I'm claustrophobic but they don't care. I am so abused. :(

Zeldy
06-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Ive always lived in a nice house, I now live in the poshest part(people say) of St. helens, Windle.
But when i moved her about..7 years ago we bought it for like £80,000
But now =O
The houses around me are selling for £140,000 >=O

Primus Inter Pares
06-03-2005, 01:10 PM
I do live in a trailer park. Its quite nice, I live in the 'classy' part. The only problem I my psychotic neighbor who hates me.

Am I the only one who saw the irony in this?

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Irony in what? That a trailer park can have classy people? My other neighbor has a net worth of about 2 million dollars, and there's a lot of very expensive trailers around here. Not all trailer parks are the kind seen on Cops. You can ask Shlup, its a very nice place to live.

Shlup
06-03-2005, 01:17 PM
No, Primus is right, it was a stupid thing to say. Stupid.

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 01:18 PM
You're just pissy because BJ isnt giving you enough. Shut yer yap.

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Did anyone say there was? :tongue:

You stick that back in your mouth before I bite it off.

Yamaneko
06-03-2005, 08:33 PM
I live in a house with seventeen walls.

Christmas
05-06-2023, 04:16 PM
Yeah, it's called EoFF. Absolute nightmare. :love:

Almost 2 decades later and u are still living the nightmare.