PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Everyone Hate Rinoa?

DMKA
06-03-2005, 05:21 AM
Well? :(

Skyblade
06-03-2005, 05:31 AM
I find this question very difficult to answer, since I am a Rinoa fan, as is everyone else I know who I am aware of their views on the topic...

MAS82587
06-03-2005, 06:13 AM
Well? :(
who hates rinoa? i didnt really care for her all that much, but i didnt hate her, and i know that most ppl actually liked her. u sure ur talking about the right person?

Asura
06-03-2005, 06:22 AM
I love Rinoa, but I have noticed these interesting Rinoa haters. I think there are like two communities on livejournal devoted to hating her. :p I find it all to be so amusing. I do remember one person saying that they blame Rinoa for turning Squall into a "sissy". Or something. It always seemed to do with something she apparently did to Squall...

I guess I am odd. I usually enjoy all of the Final Fantasy characters. It takes a whole lot to annoy me and it hasn't happened yet...

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 06:24 AM
I dislike Rinoa simply because of her personality. She seems very selfish to me, and because of that, I dislike her. I usually had her on my team, though, because her limit breaks with Angelo were some of the most useful in the game.

Squall of SeeD
06-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Rinoa is tied with Rikku of X and X-2 as being my favorite Final Fantasy character, yet I'll explain why a lot of folks find her annoying:

1) Having to rescue her several times. She places herself in situations in which she either endangered a mission being conducted by trained professionals, or stood in place while the floor broke under her and the trained professionals in the vicinity moved away.

In her defense, she did these things out of the goodness of her heart as she wanted to help others and be of use. As far as it goes, during the assassination attempt in Deling City, the mission could have still been carried out just fine if Irvine hadn't hesitated. Everyone was where they were supposed to be at the right time, but Irvine not taking the shot as the gates fell and trapped Edea was why the mission failed. For that matter, why would anyone have wanted the mission to succeed? Edea raised these kids and was being possessed. If she had been killed, her soul would have just been doomed to eternal suffering for her having not passed on the Sorceress Power before her death, and the Embodiment would have just left her body and gone into another poor woman that Ultimecia would have possessed.

As for the battle between the Gardens, most folks would have wanted a say in whether or not they died. I know I would have rather been on the battlefield wielding a weapon and having a say in my fate instead of hiding in a dormitory.

2) She gets herself possessed due to tagging along in Galbadia Garden, thus causing two more "rescue Rinoa" scenarios to take place later. People conveniently forget that all of the "rescue Rinoa" scenarios after the first one had direct effects on everything playing out as it did, meaning her needing to be rescued actually saved the world.

Cases in point:

When Squall had to rescue her during the conflict between the Gardens, in doing so, he landed nearby an entrance to Galbadia Garden and was able to enter and end the conflict by defeating Edea.

With Rinoa being possessed, Squall took her to Esthar where the Lunatic Pandora happened to be raised, putting SeeD in a position to do something about it.

When Squall dove into space to catch Rinoa, this event allowed the couple to secure the Ragnarok, which they would later use to blast their way into Lunatic Pandora (something that couldn't have been achieved otherwise), rescue Ellone, defeat Adel, and enact the plan that allowed them to defeat Ultimecia.

As for freeing her from the Sorceress Memorial goes, that was more or less everyone else's idea, as she was content to remain there. And, as before, her being rescued allowed everything to turn out is it did.

3) "She's so pushy/She's all over Squall/She's so clingy."

Many folks hold these things against her, even while they praise Aerith who did the same things with Cloud in VII. There's really not much to say in her defense here. You either like that personality trait or you don't. I personally do.

4) "She ruined Squall! He was such a badass! She turned him into a lovesick, bleeding heart wimp!"

People tend to cite her "ruination" of Squall as one of the big reasons for hating her, failing to keep in mind that if she hadn't taught him the value of loving others, he would have faded from existance when Time Compression took effect, as it was love and friendship that allowed Squall and the others to travel to the future without vanishing.

And that's assuming that they would have ever been in that situation in the first place, as Squall may not have gone to all the trouble of taking her to Esthar to begin with had he not fallen in love with her.

For that matter, I imagine Squall's happier being... happy, than he was being not.

(Note: This information compiled after spending one year as a member of Gaia Online.)

So, in summary, people hate Rinoa for usually ridiculus reasons. The only sensible one is that her personality just clashes with their own.

-Edit-

I dislike Rinoa simply because of her personality. She seems very selfish to me, and because of that, I dislike her. I usually had her on my team, though, because her limit breaks with Angelo were some of the most useful in the game.

Ah, I forgot to mention this reason. I never understood this one, myself. She did all the things she did because she wasn't selfish. She didn't have to fight for Timber's liberation obviously, and she willingly chose to let herself be confined by Esthar forever so as to keep the world safe.

Could you explain, Abom?

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 06:43 AM
The only reason she seems to care about the liberation of Timber is because it makes her father angry and cause him problems. That's just my take on the situation, but that's how it came across to me; playing childish games with adult lives (the dedicated Forest Owls) to make daddy angry.

And now that it's been mentioned, her clingy-crap bothered me intensely, and I dislike Aerith for doing the same (though Aerith moreso, because she seemed to be rubbing it in Tifa's face, at least Rinoa didnt know that Quistis had a thing for Squall, and Quistis' wasnt nearly as deep as what Tifa felt for Cloud)... that sort of behavior deeply annoys me.

Saving her so much didnt really bother me, but it does bother me when, for example, fans bitch about having to save Rosa, which only happens twice, while Rinoa has to be saved... I believe it's five times, yes? Give or take. It did bug me that she wouldnt let the professionals do their jobs, though. She wanted their help, but then when she got it, she didnt want to let them do it their way.

Her pitching fits earlier in the game bothered me a lot too. The Forest Owls say something about it as well, and I just... blargh I hate that sort of personality, especially at her age.

Yuffie514
06-03-2005, 07:03 AM
hate Rinoa, me not!

Squall of SeeD
06-03-2005, 07:07 AM
The only reason she seems to care about the liberation of Timber is because it makes her father angry and cause him problems. That's just my take on the situation, but that's how it came across to me; playing childish games with adult lives (the dedicated Forest Owls) to make daddy angry.

Difference of interpretation, I guess, though I don't doubt that the fact that it would have pissed her dad off would have brought a smile to her face.

What do you think on the matter of her behavior with allowing herself to be incarcerated later? I can see how one could maybe feel that she was a little selfish earlier on, but by that point, she had certainly grown up, I think.

[And now that it's been mentioned, her clingy-crap bothered me intensely, and I dislike Aerith for doing the same (though Aerith moreso, because she seemed to be rubbing it in Tifa's face, at least Rinoa didnt know that Quistis had a thing for Squall, and Quistis' wasnt nearly as deep as what Tifa felt for Cloud)... that sort of behavior deeply annoys me.

It didn't bother me with Rinoa, and I like that sort of behavior (I'm like that myself ^^; ), but with Aerith it did piss me off. Tifa's feelings for Cloud were obvious, yet Aerith was so damn pushy and shameless about the whole thing. Probably why I never liked Aerith. Though Tifa denies that Cloud and she were more than friends when she first meets Aerith, her feelings should have been obvious to anyone.

Anyway, I can understand why you didn't like her. Basic personality clash. That personality is the kind I like, but I understand that others often don't. ^^;

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Yes, she certainly did seem to grow up as the game went on. Probably not as much as I would have liked (she still continued to open her mouth, after all xD. Kidding), but she certainly seemed less selfish near the end.

And I definitly agree with you about Aerith.

:<3:

Raven Nox
06-03-2005, 07:10 AM
(Note: This information compiled after spending one year as a member of Gaia Online.)

Gaia Online never did anything like that for me... but then, I haven't been on in a long time. :laugh: I don't even remember my screenname...

i liked Rinoa, I thought she was a very good heroine. She had a great personality, and I don't think she ruined Squall at all, but actually made him better.

boys from the dwarf
06-03-2005, 07:40 AM
she my second best character and one of the main characters so i dont hate her.

Takara
06-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I pretty much hate her for the same reason TheAbominatrix listed. And for the record, I couldn't stomach Aeris either.

DreamingOfDreams
06-03-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't hate Rinoa. She can be annoying, but hate is the wrong word.

The Anarchy Angel
06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I like Rinoa, methinks

Rusty
06-03-2005, 02:54 PM
I love Rinoa, she's one of my favourite characters in the game. So, I don't hate her either.

Meat Puppet
06-03-2005, 04:47 PM
I hate her because I'm perverted.

Imperia
06-03-2005, 05:26 PM
My question is, why does everyone LOVE her? That was never clearly explained to me very much.

I don't dislike her as much as I used to, but she can still irritate me. She couldn't decide who she loved, she kept getting herself into a lot of trouble, she was a big baby in a woman's body, she loses her will to fight and becomes passive for no reason whatsoever, and as I have said before, the whole game was about saving her hide.

DreamingOfDreams
06-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Hentai Baka (sorry, I'm trying to learn Japanese - go figure out what it means.)

Abraxas
06-03-2005, 07:07 PM
I like her very much...
but at start I was upset because you are forced to reject Quistis... and forced to love Rinoa! Squall is just so stupid when Quistis opens her heart.
I'd definitely prefer to stay with her...
When she said something like "I gave up when Rinoa came into scene"... I just wanted Rinoa to banish and say "come on! I'm in love with you silly!"

:D :D :D

rubah
06-03-2005, 08:19 PM
I loved rinoa. She's like my role model in being more aggressive and stuffX.x;;

and I loved her design:P

Abraxas
06-03-2005, 09:21 PM
I like her very much...
but at start I was upset because you are forced to reject Quistis... and forced to love Rinoa! Squall is just so stupid when Quistis opens her heart.
When she said something like "I gave up when Rinoa came into scene"... I just wanted Rinoa to banish and say "come on! I'm in love with you silly!"

Does anybody agree?

Delta
06-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Hentai Baka (sorry, I'm trying to learn Japanese - go figure out what it means.)

That's not japanese..this is japanese "ikasu" ain't it?.

TheAbominatrix
06-04-2005, 12:19 AM
That is Japanese. Hentai means pervert, baka means stupid. Ikasu is as well, it essentially means 'stylish'.

Squall of SeeD
06-04-2005, 04:01 AM
She couldn't decide who she loved...

There hadn't been any romantic development between Squall and Rinoa when she was upset over Seifer's "death." For that matter, I can't imagine most people not getting choked up when hearing that someone they cared about and thought they had been in love with was killed. Her reaction wasn't realistic enough, really. After that point, no one mentions Seifer again until he shows up alive.

I like her very much...

Quistis wasn't even really in love with him, though. She herself admits this later when the party regains their memories. She says that due to trying to fill Ellone's place as the big sister, she became protective of Squall, who would always fight with Seifer, and when those surface memories became buried, the latent feelings of protection toward him confused her and she thought it was romantic love.

As far as it goes, though, there was little going on in that department to begin with. Quistis didn't have a chance with Squall before Rinoa came along simply because she's not the type that would gain the attention of his heart. Squall could tell Rinoa to shut up and she would be all "Meanie! Why do you push people away?! Talk to me! I'm not going away!" He could have said the same thing to Quistis and she would have said "...Okay" and wandered off to sulk.

Alexander
06-04-2005, 04:43 AM
I hate her for the reasons Squall of SeeD said and... because...

SHE IS A NOSEPICKER! >_o

Armisael
06-04-2005, 08:10 AM
I can't say that i hate Rinoa,in fact i like her..

Drift
06-04-2005, 09:14 AM
why not hate her? well i don thate her she just annoys me sometimes, leve thepoor guy alone!!!

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2005, 09:16 AM
rinoa has the second best limt on teh game wishing star its almost as powerful as lionheart plus she has the second best ultimate weopon so she is undoubtedly teh second best character and the bit where she kicks irvine down teh stairs is funny.

The Anarchy Angel
06-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Oh come on, for gods sake it's a game!

I like her very much...

NO!! that's horrible! She was like a teacher to him! You can't muddle up paternal instincts with love! She was just looking out for him and thougth she was in love, but she wasn't really

MushroomZOMBIE
06-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Well,it's true that it is illegal for a teacher to have romantic relations with a student.......:p

thinking of names is hard
06-04-2005, 05:58 PM
I wouldnt mind her as a teacher.....I mean she only 19 right?
And i actually liked rinoa too. Yeah it was a bit of a bugger rescueing Rinoa like....20 times, which took up nearly a quarter of the game to do (it makes me so mad) but when i did have her i remmember using her all the time.

The Anarchy Angel
06-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Yea, Rinoa Squall and Zell make the bestest party, and Quistis is a teacher with a whip. Should i continue?

06-04-2005, 06:15 PM
and Quistis is a teacher with a whip. Should i continue?
Please do....

The Anarchy Angel
06-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I'd rather not...

Meat Puppet
06-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I know what hentai baka means.

The Anarchy Angel
06-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Are you going to share? Please do!

disapointedchild
06-05-2005, 06:55 AM
They are jelouse of her hottness. And because they feal she is shallow.

But please tell me of one hot chick, who is deep with emotion.
Yeah, thats what I thought.

Armisael
06-05-2005, 08:53 AM
I wouldnt mind her as a teacher.....I mean she only 19 right?

I believe Quistis is 18..

06-05-2005, 10:35 AM
I believe Quistis is 18..

Even better...

06-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't hate Rinoa. She is my second favourite character from FF8.. after Selphie.
Maybe many people hate her because she acts like a girl and she is one but er...i think more people hate Selphie because she is annoying somethimes XD...

Are you sure that Selphie is your favourite character?

Slade
06-05-2005, 11:44 PM
I don't hate Rinoa. She is my second favourite character from FF8.. after Selphie.
Maybe many people hate her because she acts like a girl and she is one but er...i think more people hate Selphie because she is annoying somethimes XD...

Are you sure that Selphie is your favourite character?

Im sure if Rutt isnt.....Selphie is awsome. The whole cast is. INCLUDING Rinoa. Theres nothing wrong with her (cept when she thought no would notice her picking her boogas on the balcony....... :D )

Kamiko
06-06-2005, 01:27 AM
I don't hate Rinoa... I just wish she would die... :lol:

TheAbominatrix
06-06-2005, 01:43 AM
I don't hate Rinoa... I just wish she would die... :lol:

xD

Abraxas
06-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Quistis wasn't even really in love with him, though. She herself admits this later when the party regains their memories. She says that due to trying to fill Ellone's place as the big sister, she became protective of Squall, who would always fight with Seifer, and when those surface memories became buried, the latent feelings of protection toward him confused her and she thought it was romantic love.

As far as it goes, though, there was little going on in that department to begin with. Quistis didn't have a chance with Squall before Rinoa came along simply because she's not the type that would gain the attention of his heart. Squall could tell Rinoa to shut up and she would be all "Meanie! Why do you push people away?! Talk to me! I'm not going away!" He could have said the same thing to Quistis and she would have said "...Okay" and wandered off to sulk.

Yes... because, when you get rejected from someone (I just imagine, :D), you try to find reasons to get your dignity up. Quistis said, on the beach "A misunderstood love?"...
but what would happen if Squall corresponded to her, before she realized that?
The possibility was there in fact... and it upseted me that you don't have the choice to love her... and worse, you have to be rude with her in the Training Center's secret zone!
I just know that Quistis is awesome... beautiful, intelligent, sensitive, powerful... if she was real, I'd surely be in love with her!
(And I'm gay!)

Armisael
06-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Quistis said, on the beach "A misunderstood love?"...

Oh yeah that line..What could possibly mean?

06-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Maybe that she thought she loved, as in fancied him...but in fact it was because she loved him as a little brother.

Skyblade
06-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Maybe that she thought she loved, as in fancied him...but in fact it was because she loved him as a little brother.

Agreed. There is more than one definition of "love", you know...

Abraxas
06-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Well... of course there are a lot of kinds of love!
But maybe she realized that only as a result of the rejection.
What if Squall had corresponded to her before?

:lovers:

Well... maybe that was the best. Squall doesn't deserve Quistis.
In fact he doesn't deserve Rinoa too.

I don't dislike Squall, but you must agree that Rinoa needed to be very patient!

Kamiko
06-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Squall and Seifer are in love, it is soooo obvious.

Mo-Nercy
06-06-2005, 11:32 PM
<3 Rinoa.

Abraxas
06-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Squall and Seifer are in love, it is soooo obvious.

Ha ha ha...

I just could imagine Dr. Kadowaki saying this (insted of what she said in the game) before the gardens' crash:

" You can't run from him all the life, Squall.
You must face your destiny...
and your destiny is release your contained love to him that until now had only escape by fighting.
Go now, Squall, and kiss him once for all. " :love:

Gwelenguchenkus
06-07-2005, 02:56 AM
Please elaborate on why Rinoa is 'clingie', because I disagree. She has definitely flirted with Squall, but clingie is hardly the right word to describe her personality. Elaborate.

While you're at it, how is Aeris clingie?

Squall of SeeD
06-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Yes... because, when you get rejected from someone (I just imagine, :D), you try to find reasons to get your dignity up. Quistis said, on the beach "A misunderstood love?"...

Considering that the line had parentheses around it, it was a line she was saying to herself in her own head and not to anyone else. It wasn't about getting her dignity up, but about her realizing the true nature of those feelings and admitting them to herself.

In any event, the game offers no indication that what she said wasn't the case. Therefore, it was the case.

Please elaborate on why Rinoa is 'clingie', because I disagree. She has definitely flirted with Squall, but clingie is hardly the right word to describe her personality. Elaborate.

The need to be held.
The fear of being left behind, both figuratively and literally.

She is extremely dependent. That's not a fault in her. That's just who she is. I'm the same way.

Armisael
06-07-2005, 08:53 AM

Considering that the line had parentheses around it, it was a line she was saying to herself in her own head and not to anyone else. It wasn't about getting her dignity up, but about her realizing the true nature of those feelings and admitting them to herself.

So the misunderstood love was actually misunderstood by her?

The Anarchy Angel
06-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Squall and Seifer...i sed that in another thread, i got shouted at :D

06-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Squall doesn't deserve Quistis.
In fact he doesn't deserve Rinoa too.

Agreed...i think im more their type :D

As for the Squall and Seifer thing....now that would be a twist. I think that Zell would be a bit jealous though...

The Anarchy Angel
06-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Hehehe i would say something but I'd get shouted at again....

06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
ok...id do it for you...dont you think that seifer and squall would make a great couple?

Gwelenguchenkus
06-07-2005, 10:40 PM

In any event, the game offers no indication that what she said wasn't the case. Therefore, it was the case.

The need to be held.
The fear of being left behind, both figuratively and literally.

She is extremely dependent. That's not a fault in her. That's just who she is. I'm the same way.

Hmm... I guess that fits the bill. I always thought of someone that was 'clingie' in a more obsessed manner. Such as always chasing the person around, holding onto their arm, saying "DON'T LEAVE ME!", and I thought Rinoa was mostly dignified. I mean, she may be dependant but she seems fine for the most part. I guess I just misinterpretted the word.

I've had a bad experience with a clingie person, but it definitely wasn't clingie in the way Rinoa is to Squall. Sometimes I was afraid to leave, because I thought... well, lets just say that relationship scarred me for life, and my personality forever. I thought of clingie more like an obsession that keeps you sane than just simply being dependant.

Squall of SeeD, clingie? It's funny how our minds develop personalities for the other board users that could very well be totally false. I always thought of you being like Squall, for obvious reasons, so clingie is somewhat of a surprise, since your screen name doesn't reflect that at all. Then again, call it stereotyping, I get a different vibe when seeing your signature with a pink squall and "the lights are so purdy. 9.9" with a heart in the corner. All these clashing personalities are hurting my brain!

Sorry to get off-topic! Despite my 'bad experience', Rinoa still seems to me like a great person. I really liked her personality for some reason, even if others find it annoying. She is definitely different than Aeris. It seems that Rinoa is the kind of person that coul.d get hurt really badly and react in a much more passive manner if say, someone were to come along and woo Squall, while Aeris would be the type to react more violently. But I still like Aeris, because I think she is very strong in personality, and is more likely to take initiative (like when she went to save the planet with the holy materia by herself).

Brother
06-07-2005, 10:41 PM
WELL... THIS WAY YOU CAN DECIDE IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA!
(CLICK TO SEE IT A LITTLE LARGER)

:kiss: :lovers: :kiss: :lovers: :kiss: :lovers: :kiss: :lovers:
:lovers: :kiss: :lovers: :kiss: :lovers: :kiss: :lovers: :kiss:

The Anarchy Angel
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
can't stop.................laughing *falls off of chair for umpeenth time today* i'll just saty on the floor and laugh myself to death. That's a good one! Someone quickly! Use it as a signature *continues laughing*

Hey, waitaminute, there should be a Why does everyone hate Squall? thread. We all seem to be having a go at him

Abraxas
06-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Well... phisically, I think they do a very good couple!
They look so cute kissing so sweetly!

But, talking about their personalities, I don't think they could work together.
They don't have the patience to deal with each other!

DreamingOfDreams
06-08-2005, 10:30 AM
:love: Hahahahahahaha!!!! Oh . . . my . . . god, I . . . can't . . . breath! That is so damn funny!!! The look so sweet!

Leene
06-08-2005, 04:51 PM
:save: I hate Rinoa because i love Quistis! :save:

Abraxas
06-08-2005, 07:12 PM
:save: I hate Rinoa because i love Quistis! :save:

Really? I prefer Quistis too... but maybe you should see the things the way I do... look at my previous posts on this thread.
Quistis is the best! but you can love both...

Kamiko
06-08-2005, 07:16 PM
YOu know it's love...

The Anarchy Angel
06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
That sleeping one is so sweet, i love it! ^_~

Kamiko
06-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Yay!! I couldn't find the best one though, it's probably been taken off the net for content :fpexdee:

Abraxas
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Oh! Those pics are so lovely!
Thank you Kamiko!

Where do you guys find that stuff??
It seems that there are more gay people that play videogames than me!

Kamiko
06-08-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm not gay. :fpton:
I use google Images search :fpenerg:

Abraxas
06-08-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm not gay. :fpton:
I use google Images search :fpenerg:

Ha ha ha! No! Of course not!
But it's highly a possibility that the artists (or the people that had the idea) are...

The Anarchy Angel
06-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Or just stole out ideas from our heads while we slept! That or they could have picke dup on the vibes we got from the game....nah, they have thougth stealing machines, i'm sure!

TheAbominatrix
06-08-2005, 11:19 PM
The majority of yaoi fan art is done either by professional doujinshi studios or drooling fan girls.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Mwahaha.... drooling fan girls? WHERE?? :fpenerg:

TheAbominatrix
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Aaaaaall over the internet.

Gwelenguchenkus
06-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Very true, I was about to say that. There is a breed of fan-girl that obsesses over yaoi drawings, or guys with cat ears, or guys with cat ears/yaoi (yes... it's true furry/yaoi madness).

It's an interesting fettish to say the least. I used to know a girl who was into yaoi. She eventually faded out of it, then became a little darker, more interested in Dir en Grey and dressing kind of gothish.

She also read yaoi fanfiction.

And she was a japanophile, obviously.

DreamingOfDreams
06-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Not all yaoi fans become gothish. That picture is so funny. I expect the person who drew the picture was slightly weird?

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 04:44 PM
*shruggles* Yeah, probably, I would expect so aswell.
Nah, I like yaoi... and Malice Mizer. *sigh* I just think it'd be funny if Seifer and Squall got together. :fpenerg:

DreamingOfDreams
06-09-2005, 04:58 PM
They should make a little film about Squall and Sifer getting together. It would be so funny! ;) Rinoa could die, so Squall goes searching for another love . . . :lovers: Ha, not that I really want Rinoa to die.

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Kamiko-kun's Theory About How Rinoa Becomes Ultimecia
She walks in on Seifer and Squall together. Her hair turns white and she gets a speech defect. A few years later....

The Anarchy Angel
06-09-2005, 05:50 PM
...she befriends and ancient GF and absorbs herself into time kmopression and trys to kill her now gay and once lover

Kamiko
06-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Exactly! See, AA believes me!. Though whether that's because I made his sig or not is debateable.(( Don't make fun of the poor German-Asian who can't spell!!))

Abraxas
06-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Got it!
That's why she wanted Seifer as her knight... to awake jelousy on Squall!!!!
Poor Rinoa... her two lovers ended up together.
Love is always the reason for great tragedies... :D

Gwelenguchenkus
06-10-2005, 03:27 AM
Not all yaoi fans become gothish. That picture is so funny. I expect the person who drew the picture was slightly weird?

You misunderstand, that was the case with 'someone I know'. I was just giving a little rant.

Kamiko
06-10-2005, 03:43 AM
That is the total reason!
It would also explain why Rinoa was always the last to be killed in my parties when i fought her... *theorizes*

The Anarchy Angel
06-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Exactly! See, AA believes me!. Though whether that's because I made his sig or not is debateable.(( Don't make fun of the poor German-Asian who can't spell!!))

Nah it weren't because of that but because i could see a classic story line coming from it

DreamingOfDreams
06-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Yeah, funny thing is, there are no gay couples in any of the ff games (correct me if I'm wrong)

Kamiko
06-13-2005, 01:59 AM
*cough* Squall and Seifer *cough*
Wait, mabe Barret and that one guy... whatever his name was? And I think Bigs and Wedge were aswell *nods*

BG-57
06-13-2005, 12:43 PM
You mean Dyne?

Kamiko
06-13-2005, 01:24 PM
*nods* yeah, him! It was a total secret loved espionage thing!

BG-57
06-13-2005, 08:25 PM
There's nothing in those games to suggest any of those characters are couples. Or even attracted to each other.

Abraxas
06-13-2005, 08:55 PM
It's seems that the couples between characters are quite a hot topic...
I'll make a silly poll to see what would be prefered!

The Anarchy Angel
06-13-2005, 08:57 PM
This could be amusing