PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate Tellah?

Meat Puppet
06-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Why? I hate him, and I don't even know what he does. When he's in my party, I always make sure to beat him up. Thoughts on this please.

January 15th 2006 - 11:51 PM--From now on, if you disagree with me, DON'T POST, please PM me a picture of your favourite book. Title the PM "Unleash Tellah". ALSO!, if you're interested, do feel free to drop me a line about why you should play the role of Tellah in the Tellah biopic which will soon be in the works. :)

Takara
06-03-2005, 11:25 AM
He's the only freaking solid mage you have after Mount Ordeal, unless you levelled the twins up a lot, so he's not that useless.

His limited spells before Mount Ordeal and the fact the old coot only has 90 MP can be annoying, but he's still better than Edward.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-03-2005, 11:31 AM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/spoon.gif

Takara
06-03-2005, 11:36 AM

:love:

Meat Puppet
06-03-2005, 01:06 PM
oh crap I forgot about that blonde chick (and how much I hate him)

Snap Jumper
06-03-2005, 04:07 PM
oh crap I forgot about that blonde chick

Nope. I'm not going on another Rosa rant this time. Tellah has limited MP and is a stubborn old man, but he did say "Spoony Bard," so he's OK in my book.

Meat Puppet
06-03-2005, 04:45 PM
that blonde chick (and how much I hate him)

§håd0w
06-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Don't hate on the spoony bard man.

boys from the dwarf
06-03-2005, 07:10 PM
tellahs good but his white magic is worse than rosa and his black magic is slightly worse than rydia so the only reason hes useful is because he learns all his spells early to give you the upper hand for a little while.but he never has enough hp to cast meteo.he can never have more then 90 mp.he cant use meteo for a good reason but it is a bit annoying.

§håd0w
06-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Well that's for good reason too; it would be kinda lame to give all the powerful attacks at the beginning of the game and make it easy, only to lose those abilities and have to start again with something weaker in an area with strong monsters making it harder and henceforth giving it the the most unfair tactics period.

... wait a minute

Reles
06-03-2005, 07:38 PM
I've never heard anyone say they hate him. Though I would prefer having Rosa or Rydia instead of him. He's old and grumpy and I like that. :D

-Reles

KoShiatar
06-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't hate Tellah. His comic scenes with Cid are priceless!!
"Who's this old fart?" ROFL!!!

boys from the dwarf
06-03-2005, 10:01 PM
tellah is definetly the funniest character on the game then cid because he all cheerful and stuff and pretty funny too and then edge because on one of the airship upgrademodoodles he runs of and trys to flirt with rydia then cid pulls him back.thats funny!

Asura
06-04-2005, 12:56 AM
I swear...I must be Edward's only fan.
But I only like him because I think he's an adorable little video game character.

I don't hate Tellah at all, though.
I don't hate any final fantasy character!
Why don't I hate anyone? :confused:

crashNUMBERS
06-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Why? I hate him, and I don't even know what he does. When he's in my party, I always make sure to beat him up. Thoughts on this please.
Haha. You waist time killing him yourself consider yourself dead...

Black Mage
06-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Tellah is amazing. He's like FuSoYa's older brother, but hates everything.
I can't back that up or anything, but I still stand by it.

Besides, his Meteo scene was wonderful.

Del Murder
06-04-2005, 07:52 AM
He was a pretty cool character, but the MP, man. The MP. He remembered all his great spells but can only cast three at a time? Suck.

Teek
06-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Well, Tella isn't anyone to brag about. However, at that point in time, he worked well. This was especially true for a boss battle, where you don't need to conserve your MP.

Eh, Lydia is obviously better.

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2005, 09:04 AM
its rydia.not lydia.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
06-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Actually, it's Lydia.

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2005, 12:03 PM
what the.how come.is it lydia on a different version or are you just cocking me up.(tricking me.)

Captain Maxx Power
06-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Like you can't love a guy who has a line such as "You Spoony Bard". That's the only use of Spoony in a game ever! Granted it's more bad translation, but hey you can't argue with the results right? Right?

§håd0w
06-04-2005, 02:43 PM
more bad

That is the worst grammar I have ever seen :p

Monol
06-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey im also an edward fan...he was totally original :D !!! And we all know originality rules!!!...plus he's the most poetic character in final fantasy history! (er...well actually...) he can sing, hide, and reappear! All in the name of love!....actually that kinda makes him a coward but i like the guy...he was fun...and were talking about tellah...who probably has the most rememerable sacrifice in any ff game (next to galuf and josef but yea...i liked tellah..and i liked edward....heck i loved em all!!! except cid.............(character cool...battle...AGHH!!)

theundeadhero
06-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Lydia is the original name. Rydia is the translation decision/error.

boys from the dwarf
06-04-2005, 06:44 PM
i thought it might be something like that(spoilers up ahead) and josef sacrifice was great galufs was just the coolest i mean running up and battering X-death and killing himself in teh process.but tellahs as good as it may be it seemed a bit unnessasary. just to beat up golbez quicker. sure he was pissed and wanted revenge but every one should of fought him together instead of tellah sacrificing himself and say kain snaps out of it after the battle tellah runs off to train to one day beat golbez and kain joins you and that way everyone survives.it would effect the later game but if it didnt that should of happened . but FF has a lot of sacrifices but this one has a way around but its a good scene nevertheless.(someone please correct me if that way round wouldnt work.)josefs death was neccasary to save the others tellahs was useful but just senseless selfish revenge galuf was to save the others and is one of the best scenes in all of the FFs ever.aeriss death was unneccasary at first glance but she helps practically from the grave (and besides she wasnt that good anyway.)(rember there are still spoilers ahead)tidusses death was because he was a dream but he went to the farplane and lived on.(seriously though if i lives in spira id ask a summoner to kill me then send me to get me to a better life.)so out of all the deaths tellahs seems the most unneccasary.)

Captain Maxx Power
06-05-2005, 12:03 PM
more bad

That is the worst grammar I have ever seen :p

Totally intentional, it's an example of the type of bad grammar you usually get with such translation. "More bad" if you will.

§håd0w
06-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Heh, touché my friend.

seein2stars
06-09-2005, 07:49 PM
He's the only freaking solid mage you have after Mount Ordeal, unless you levelled the twins up a lot, so he's not that useless.

His limited spells before Mount Ordeal and the fact the old coot only has 90 MP can be annoying, but he's still better than Edward.

the 90 gets old fast

TurkSlayer
06-10-2005, 02:16 AM
[QUOTE=Asura]I swear...I must be Edward's only fan.
QUOTE]

No, your not. Edward was my favorite character. Rather poetic, which is cool. And he may a little weak (Unless you train him really, really, REALLY hard, like me) but he's still awesome. Tellah I found a bit annoying, and his 90 MP was REALLY annoying.

Dreddz
06-11-2005, 01:13 PM
I dont like him because he is old

The Unknown Guru
06-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I like Edward for 3 reasons:
#1:you can name him Ed
#2:he saves your butt against the Dark Elf.
#3:he is "spoony".
Tellah is good because he is the only useful mage after Mt. Ordeal, because the twins suck.

Apollo
06-17-2005, 01:45 AM
Tellah is cool. :)

Flashback007
06-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Tellah is actually a very usefull character and it's sad when he dies because he's so usefull. That early in the game you can use so very strong magic, that's very usefull. With some spells you will be able to kick so ass for some boss very good.

Slothy
06-19-2005, 12:50 PM
For those complaining about the MP limit, at that point in the game it would be too easy if you could go around liberally using every spell he has, especially Meteo. They had to do something to limit your use of the most powerful spells, so personally I think him having only 90 MP at least kept things from being too easy. Although you can still kill a guy like Kainazzo with one spell, so you can't complain that much. Aside from that, Tellah is an awesome character. One of my favorite in the FF series.

Butz
06-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I dunno bout you but Tellah was the coolest FF4 character, he just loves to curse :D

skystje
06-29-2005, 08:07 PM

That's GOLDEN ROFLMAO :lol:

Chris
06-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Because he is weak, and I don't like weak people. MP! >:O

crashNUMBERS
06-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah atleast there's a reason to hate edward. He's about 93% garbage. But Tellah's not all that bad. Well if you got used to him, I guess...

Lawr
08-04-2005, 10:52 PM
He IS 93% garbage!
Tellah was the bomb when he finally got his magic
And 90Mp never stopped me from killing
anything that I wanted.

cookieface
08-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Lydia is the original name. Rydia is the translation decision/error.

It was a decision, and there is no difference between the R sound and L in Japanese, so technically, it's the same; but "Rydia" sounds better in English. Lydia just sounds like a secretary. And other than some content being taken out, I also liked the changes to the originally translated FF"2" from FF4 which were not based on censorship. Don't know why people complained about all that.

And about the Tellah issue: come on, get real. Any ally is useful when you need all you can get. He could heal and do extra damage with dark magic at a couple of dungeons.

Meat Puppet
08-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Didn't I make this thread like, 50 years ago or something?

themagicroundabout
12-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Antiques are highly collectable!

ljkkjlcm9
12-31-2005, 08:47 PM
I don't like tellah because he actually dies, especially in the new FF4 he's the only character you can't get back and I feel like I'm wasting my time by leveling him up. The whole reason he has 90mp is because he's old and fragile and that's why he ends up dieing because he cast Meteo when he can't really because he's too old.

As for the Bard, I actually kinda like him now, his harp is good from the back row, and he confused a lot of people early so I could focus on attacking the other enemies and the battles went smoother.... I like him!

THE JACKEL

Suikojowy
12-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Tellah's exremely useful for the time you have him.

He's not as earth shatteringly powerful as Edward, but he's still a useful character.

vampirepiggyhunter7
12-31-2005, 11:39 PM
I dont hate tellah...

Elite Lord Sigma
01-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Tellah wasn't half bad (even though he got KO'd in the battle against the Dark Elf) for me. I can understand the 90 MP limit, because being able to cast Meteo near the beginning of the game would be way too cheap.

Alexander
01-01-2006, 11:44 PM
If you manage to get a Soma Drop in that part of the game (dunno if you can), and give it to Tellah, he can cast Meteo (Do the Meteo! :love: ) regardless.

So, Tellah's MP limit is still bad, and almost pointless. Well, FuSoYa's MP is limited to 190 as well, so meh.

Reine
01-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Actually, FuSoYa's MP starts growing later on, after level 70 I think..

Memoria
01-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Tellah isn't annoying to me at all. He's a daddy out for revenge. He shows all the fatherly tendancies. He loved his daughter... I'm sorry, I like character father figures. I guess that's because I love and admire my dad so much. Too bad I didn't die in a war and he did, though.

Sephex
01-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Tellah is cool because the rap album he put out was TIGHT. Take a look at the cover!

(see attachment)

vampirepiggyhunter7
01-05-2006, 04:58 AM
Hardylarious!

SilverWolf14
01-15-2006, 05:47 AM
let me see...... he's old............weak (kinda)....................and he dies..........and thats about it.

Rogue
01-16-2006, 05:37 AM
i dont like him because he is a idiot for trying to hurt ed i dont care much for bards but edward is a awsome character

Rengori
01-16-2006, 06:07 AM

Roogle
01-16-2006, 06:08 AM
I like Tellah. His 90 MP limit can be easily dealt with if you cast Osmose on his idle turns.

In most battles, there is a monster that he can siphon MP from to replenish his small MP pool. If you constantly do this, you will be able to cast a little more freely.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
01-16-2006, 09:41 AM
?! Psych is /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, it barely takes any MP... probably about 9 if your lucky...

its rydia.not lydia.

No, all of FF2's names were mostly based on regular english names in Japan: Cecil, Lydia, Rosa, Cain, and Gilbert.

But there is no L in Japanese, so they edit the name to make it japanse... the japanese version of the english is then translated back to english with a few errors... or sometimes it's because of space problems... regardless her proper japanese name is Lydia...

Speaking of which, does that mean her name is pronounced: Rih-Dee-Ah instead of Rah-Dee-ah

Fatal Impurity
01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
i dont hate tellah in fact i think he rather cool he can certinly kick some major ass considering he is so old all round he is rather awesome but with the coining of the "spoony" phrase he is now a legend living on in minds of fans!!! *salutes tellah*

chronic_Maniac
01-19-2006, 09:49 PM
tellah was better then edward by far..... oh isn't there a pic with him and aeris from FF7? I'm gonna try and find it! As for when whoever goes to become a pld on some mountain and give away the best thing of a, being a drk. Tellah comes and saves you from being the oldest in the group